User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:38   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
It's Time To Play The 'Black Woman' Game

This is a great party game that I play with myself every time I start thinking that affirmative action has gone on too long.

Rules:
1. Name as many black women as you can.
2. Doesn't count if you know them personally (eg, she's in my class)
3. Entertainers don't count (oh and sports are actually entertainment. Even boring sports). That cuts out actresses, singers, comedians etc, but I will still count famous authors.
4. 0 points for saying "Oprah doesn't entertain me."

Who does that leave? Well, politicians, leaders, famous scientists, humanitarians, etc. I'll even throw in directors, producers, screenwriters, etc. for movies and tv. Hell, I'll even give famous black female criminals, serial killers, etc.

My list so far (no points for copying):
Maya Angelou
Rosa Parks
Harriet Tubman (I would also say no to dead people but she's the only one I can think of so it is perhaps an unnecessary restriction)
Former Minneapolis Mayor Sharon Sayles Belton
Condoleeza Rice

Good luck. You'll need it.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:41   #2
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
eve
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:43   #3
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer
eve
Isn't she a "singer"?
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:44   #4
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
no, she was the 'first woman who ever lived'
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:44   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Winnie Mandela (not a nice person by all accounts)

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:45   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
to be fair, I'd struggle to name many white women fitting those categories.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:47   #7
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Winnie Mandela (not a nice person by all accounts)
"...Like Nelson Mandella and his mad wife."

</father ted script>
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:51   #8
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
to be fair, I'd struggle to name many white women fitting those categories.
I'd estimate I can get 5-10 times as many white women (marie curie, jane austen, couple senators, couple dozen representatives, etc) as black women. Some poets chicks and painter chicks too. Hell, every news program has at least one white woman these days.

Then a few times as many black men as women.

Then a stream of white males forever (kudos to us).
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 22:56   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
I'd estimate I can get 5-10 times as many white women (marie curie, jane austen, couple senators, couple dozen representatives, etc) as black women. Some poets chicks and painter chicks too. Hell, every news program has at least one white woman these days..
half of them are dead though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 23:27   #10
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
half of them are dead though.
Anyway, as white women claim to be a disadvantaged minority as well, that isn't the contrast I was trying to make. If I did white women, I'm sure we could get dozens eventually. Still saddening. As it stands, I doubt double digits are in the near future.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:48   #11
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
If you play this game at parties, maybe you should re-evaluate what sort of parties you're going to.

Anyways, just because people don't want to elect black women to government positions, or view movies/tv shows by black women does not mean that affirmative action is not a corrupt institution. The fact is that the majority population does not relate to black women in the ways that would be required for them to fill those rolls. Thats not to say that black women are inept, or not able to fill those rolls... just that people are gonna go for other choices which are more like them.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:53   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Moira Stewart
Martha Plimpton
Kathy Freeman
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:53   #13
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Anyway, as white women claim to be a disadvantaged minority as well, that isn't the contrast I was trying to make. If I did white women, I'm sure we could get dozens eventually. Still saddening. As it stands, I doubt double digits are in the near future.
take a look around, everyone thinks they are in the miniority, or disadvantaged now. For instance, I'm pissed off cause I can't goto school anymore cause I lost my scholarship. However, a black student can score a free ride on the UNCF just for being black. Thats crap, but oh well. No sense in whining about it.

bottom line is that showing favortism based purely on race/sex is evil. be it white, black, women, or man. any institution (lo AA) that does this is discrimination.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 00:56   #14
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

oh, and just so i can participate in your "game"...

Cynthia McKinney and Denise Majette...
two black ladies who took part in a bitter primary in GA's 4th congressional district.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:00   #15
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't remember ever playing this game as a kid.

Is there any moral in it?

Does the winner 'get it all', as they say?

Matrim
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:09   #16
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Oona King
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:29   #17
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It's Time To Play The 'Black Woman' Game

Quote:
This is a great party game that I play with myself every time I start thinking that affirmative action has gone on too long.

My list so far (no points for copying):
Maya Angelou
Rosa Parks
Harriet Tubman (I would also say no to dead people but she's the only one I can think of so it is perhaps an unnecessary restriction)
Former Minneapolis Mayor Sharon Sayles Belton
Condoleeza Rice

Good luck. You'll need it.
Never heard of any of them.

There are no "famous" or significant Black Women in the UK, unless you consider entertainers, but most if not all of them are US born.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 01:53   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe

bottom line is that showing favortism based purely on race/sex is evil. be it white, black, women, or man. any institution (lo AA) that does this is discrimination.
I've always thought Asian chicks were really hot. Apparently I'm 'EVIL'

And while I'm seeing much more success than expected, I must admit that I don't recognize the names others are bringing up. And it seems others aren't recognizing my names.
Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe

The fact is that the majority population does not relate to black women in the ways that would be required for them to fill those rolls.
'Black women can't get good jobs because people don't want to give black women good jobs. Why can't they just accept it?'

Last edited by acropolis; 5 Nov 2002 at 02:02.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 03:02   #19
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

Quote:
I've always thought Asian chicks were really hot. Apparently I'm 'EVIL'
No. You're not getting the point. You're making yourself look stupid in the name of trying to make an argument (hint: that doesn't work). To adapt my opinion to your "statement", you would be evil if you denied other women the right to be sexy (in your eyes) simply cause they werent asian.

Quote:

And while I'm seeing much more success than expected, I must admit that I don't recognize the names others are bringing up. And it seems others aren't recognizing my names.
'Black women can't get good jobs because people don't want to give black women good jobs. Why can't they just accept it?'
I don't believe in handouts, but it seems like you do. Or maybe you just don't understand my stance.

In politics, someone is gonna get my vote when they stand on the same side of the issues as me. I'm not just gonna side with someone because she is black and she's been oppressed for the last 500 years. I'm not gonna give her a shot because of that either. That's not to say I won't give her a shot at all, but she is gonna have to show me that she thinks like me, and frankly, that is going to be very rare.

Another point: I'm not gonna go see a movie unless I find it highly interesting. If black women start pumping out movies like the Matrix, Pulp Fiction, and Kentucky Fried Movie, then I'll start buying their tickets.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 06:37   #20
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Interesting game

and tbh

it is quite hard
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 07:07   #21
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Interesting game

and tbh

it is quite hard
do the same with asian women, or middle eastern women.

Minoritys are minoritys because there are less of them.

Gayest thread ever, try masturbation, much more amusing as a one person paty game

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 15:44   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha

Gayest thread ever, try masturbation, much more amusing as a one person paty game
why don't you love me?