User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2006, 04:15   #1
Foxtrick

Foxtrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Domination bit too easy this round

I was thinking, how in terms of alliance sizes compared to gal sizes, and the fact now attacks only last 1 tick...

How difficult it is going to be to take down the number #1 gal in the universe(ie at this stage, where a gap is forming already).

Now that said.. obviously thats normal, and its an alliance(s) job to bring that gal down and keep the game open.

Though this is where I think its tricky... theres like 2.3k or so players, 23 clusters.. its not unreasonable that any alliance with 10/11 BP's could get lucky and have two allied BP's maybe even 3 in a single cluster, thats +1eta for defence and +1 allied defence = 2 hours advantage.

I don't know politics to much anymore like I use to(ala R9/10 - this is my first round back) but how is a single alliance meant to deal with a top gal and a 'sister' gal working together.

I mean for the current situation, and the fact the planets generally have bigger fleets, it may take 2 or 3 opposing fleets to land a single sucessful tick, thats only 1 planet and 1 wave. How could an alliance do that for 10 planets for 2 or 3 wave on a number #1 gal and somehow also stop the sister gal from assisting.

-

Really I'm just trying to point how that alliances compared to top gals just cant be powerful enough by themselves, though I'm open to critisism here, I havnt played any other rounds recently

PS No flame me! :P
Foxtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 04:38   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Domination bit too easy this round

I think that most people dont care about what galaxy that wins. The galaxy have kind of lost their status atm, and are mostly just places where the players idle.

Ofc, there will always be some galaxies that will be doing their best in a game, but the importancy of the galaxy is gone.
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 05:10   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrick
How difficult it is going to be to take down the number #1 gal in the universe(ie at this stage, where a gap is forming already).
The more roids they have, the more you can cap in the 1 tick of battle that you get

Quote:
Though this is where I think its tricky... theres like 2.3k or so players, 23 clusters.. its not unreasonable that any alliance with 10/11 BP's could get lucky and have two allied BP's maybe even 3 in a single cluster, thats +1eta for defence and +1 allied defence = 2 hours advantage.
Cluster and Alliance ETAs do not stack - its ETA 7 to Cluster, ETA 7 to Alliance, and ETA 7 to an alliancemate in Cluster. Dont fret .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 11:16   #4
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Attacking is far easier nowdays anyway, with the stats being attacking orientated and the cap at 25%
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 11:34   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I think that most people dont care about what galaxy that wins. The galaxy have kind of lost their status atm, and are mostly just places where the players idle.

Ofc, there will always be some galaxies that will be doing their best in a game, but the importancy of the galaxy is gone.
I find that statement to be flawed. People will want to do well in galaxy and help defend each other as it affects the galaxy score. The lower the score, the more likely you are to be attacked. And as for the winning gal loosing its status, there are prizes for being in the winning galaxy which is an incentive in itself
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 11:42   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I find that statement to be flawed. People will want to do well in galaxy and help defend each other as it affects the galaxy score. The lower the score, the more likely you are to be attacked. And as for the winning gal loosing its status, there are prizes for being in the winning galaxy which is an incentive in itself
I think the fact that there needs to be in incentive supports Kargool's theory. (As much as it pains me, ofc )

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote