User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:56   #1
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light
Alliance Top10

We all know the top3 alliance ranks are certain, and mostly the bottom ones. However there is quite a nice fight going on for 3rd 4th and 5th. Its a tight race between MISTU, Newdawn and Howling Rain.

Personally im betting on HR, they started at 10th, 1 more rank cant be too difficult. Then again im a little bias What do you think? Who deserves each spot more?

This is about the most interesting the round has been to me on an alliance level all round

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:59   #2
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice
Re: Alliance Top10

Well I got to say HR ofc.. heh

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:06   #3
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

[01:59:03] <Zo0f> http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=179894
[01:59:17] <Zo0f> post something good about HR, or die :|
[01:59:20] <Zo0f> or be exiled
[01:59:21] <Zo0f> etc :|
[02:01:17] <Dread|NSetc> NS?
[02:01:21] <Dread|NSetc> (in 7 jumps)
[02:01:43] <Zo0f> If u post that HR are sexy, and will own MISTU/ND :|
[02:01:52] <Zo0f> then yes
[02:05:27] <Zo0f> I DONT SEE THE POST DREAD
[02:05:38] <Zo0f> my finger is hoving over the exile button tbh :|
[02:05:42] <Zo0f> hovering
[02:05:42] <Zo0f> :\

HR :|
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:32   #4
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

it must be HR all the way (i am a tad bias too)

;p
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:43   #5
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, now how about HR learns how to be less obnoxious and more humble? It's only fourth damnit.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 09:51   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Xain (and thus HR, in some illogical correlation) suck at the internet. My money would be on MISTU, but that`s because i expected a tad better from them, heh.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:18   #7
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i hope HR don't expect it tho tbh:/

atleast they always kept their goals clear and stayed solo. which means they had quite an impressive round
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:04   #8
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Congratulations, now how about HR learns how to be less obnoxious and more humble? It's only fourth damnit.
'Only fourth'. Whereas for you that may be true, for the alliance in question that can be quite an achievement (Especially seeing how much some of them climbed in the ranks).

Even though they will end 'only fourth', it's very well possible they're as proud of that 'victory' as 1up is over theirs.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:25   #9
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care what position is, it's not worth destroying your reputation over. Proud to be HR anyone?
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:06   #10
FernandeZ
The good old times

FernandeZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck HR.. and to you Zo0f
R11.5 || VsN - MO
R12 || VsN - MO / 1up

/me hugs Myzztica, you sexy little thing!
FernandeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:13   #11
hook

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I don't care what position is, it's not worth destroying your reputation over. Proud to be HR anyone?
Ashamed to be HR anyone?
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:51   #12
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
HR has never liked "bigging" itself up in public like this but there's ONE post that does this (ie zo0fs) and a forum moderator (afaik?) feels it worthy to point out HR is now destroying any reputation is has over this?

Not to knock u from your high horse there m8 but the only one being obnoxious here is you.

Quote:
Congratulations, now how about HR learns how to be less obnoxious and more humble?
I find the irony in this comment a touch of accidental brilliance.

I thought being satisfied with a 4th/5th/6th finish was humble? As for obnoxious; Eh? I've not seen a HR member throw flames at any body or person or look down at any1? (apart from my post here which is clearly dissapointed with a forum mods comments)
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 19:19   #13
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm impressed by the high rank of ToF
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:44   #14
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Here's my views on the various alliances' performances. I've gone on curent rankings but any changes now will be largely superficial.

1 1up 364838 95 9.816.473 932.564.999

We finished #1. Knock it how you like but we couldn't have finished any higher.

2 LCH 165503 98 5.407.185 529.904.212

LCH flattered to deceive. Despite being allied to Vision since before ticks started they struggled as soon as they were put under pressure. They can still consider this a good result though, as before the round started even a top 5 finish looked unlikely for them.

3 [VsN] 139215 95 4.825.891 458.459.698

Disappointing considering the competition. On the face of it 3rd may seem a decent result, but any alliance which allows a HC member to NAP with the enemy is fundamentally flawed. I suspect this will be the high-point of Vision's history as their members migrate to alliances with more discipline next round.

4 MISTU 94126 92 3.929.411 361.505.881

A disappointing result for Mistu - and not a fair reflection of their ability. I'd rate Mistu as the best of the alliances who opposed us: they suffered from being the first to do so (I suspect for reasons related to persnal hubris rather than from a proper tactical analysis of the situation). After RJ quit PA they lost focus. They alos suffered from the merger with Phraktos: which generated bad PR and gained them little (I'd guess half of the PH members they recruited subsequently got deleted for cheating). A better alliance than their ranking suggests - let down by misguided leadership who pursued grudges rather than acted in an objective fashion in the interest of their alliance.

5 Howling Rain 104923 94 3.834.599 360.452.391

Maybe the only alliance other than 1upo who can call this round a "win". They set their own objectives and largely seem to have achieved them. They managed to avoid beinggg dragged into fights which weren't in their own interest.

6 NewDawn 112608 99 3.604.365 356.832.167

Until a few weeks ago, similar comments to those I made about HR would have applied. But somehow ND seem to have lost their way in the last few weeks and turned what was a decent round for them into a pretty bad one. Overtaking a crippled MISTU in the rankings wouldn't really demonstrate any improvement.

7 ROCK 97796 89 3.162.646 281.475.507

Tried to play in the big league - and failed. Assasin himself tried with 2 different planets (successfully avoiding deletion for taking over the 2nd) but they failed to impress. Less time making excuses about being atacked and more time doing something about it would be my advice. They're on the borderline of being relevant to a round's outcome but seem unable to cross the line to actual competence.

8 WolfPack 71702 96 2.604.105 249.994.103

They played this round?

9 Tides of Fire 67388 91 2.505.432 227.994.394

A mixed result for ToF. I'm sure many of their command staf would publically claime this as a good result, while privately being very disappointed. They desperately need to step up a gear to actuall impact a round - otherwise they'll end up like Rock: they're there in the t10 alliances but noone notices any impact from them all round. Considering they had a major change in leadership halfway through the round this isn't too bad a result all-in-all.

10 FAnG 54910 61 3.415.007 208.315.461

Not as bad a result as it may seem. FaNG went into self-destuct mode early on in the round: that they've managed to stop the disintegration sufficiently early to finish a t10 alliance is actually fairly impressive. Criticise them for fallin apart by all means, but any fair critique of them should also recognise that they managed to halt the collapse at a certain stage. They won't be happt if they finish 10th: but far worse alternatives were open to them.

Last edited by Synthetic_Sid; 29 Aug 2004 at 23:50.
Synthetic_Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 00:04   #15
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

If only he'd analysed one rank further down

... or if this was a 'top 11 alliance' thread

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 00:28   #16
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

What's Veneratio =/
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 09:14   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
If only he'd analysed one rank further down

... or if this was a 'top 11 alliance' thread
He probably would have said something like: I had expected more of the joined forces of our two main competitors. After they merged they were expected to be our main competitor for the 1st place this round.

Such a comment would be in line with the other comments.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 12:36   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

HR is clearly the alliance that have impressed me most this round and I truly hope they end #3. I also think they will..
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 12:53   #19
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

well I hope HR ends 4th but atm 4/5/6 is very close so we will just see in the next few days

even if we end 6th I'm proud to have been HR scanner this round
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 13:52   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I did mean to say #4
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 21:26   #21
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
9 Tides of Fire 67388 91 2.505.432 227.994.394

A mixed result for ToF. I'm sure many of their command staf would publically claime this as a good result, while privately being very disappointed. They desperately need to step up a gear to actuall impact a round - otherwise they'll end up like Rock: they're there in the t10 alliances but noone notices any impact from them all round. Considering they had a major change in leadership halfway through the round this isn't too bad a result all-in-all.
Indeed. It depends what they want to be, if they want to just be another top10 alliance that has is semi-active but doesn't make much difference then it's been a great round. I think the leadership has been evolving throughout the round, and I expect it'll still change somewhat next round aswel. Hopefully now they've had a round and got sorted and the command have got some experience of how to run an alliance, they could be ready to turn into something good.

So it was a good round for them and they had their moments, but they shouldn't be content at just that, and should keep pushing upwards. Maybe they won't be top 5 in the next few rounds, but i'm sure they will gain some ranks on their position this round.

I think the attitude is along the lines of 'we did well, but we can do so much better'
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 23:41   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

10 FAnG 54910 61 3.415.007 208.315.461

Not as bad a result as it may seem. FaNG went into self-destuct mode early on in the round: that they've managed to stop the disintegration sufficiently early to finish a t10 alliance is actually fairly impressive. Criticise them for fallin apart by all means, but any fair critique of them should also recognise that they managed to halt the collapse at a certain stage. They won't be happt if they finish 10th: but far worse alternatives were open to them.
ending #10th is a very bad round. The only positive I can see in this round is our fairly decent avg score considering the extremely low amount of members we have compared to all alliances ranked above us and some below us.

Other then that, I'd say this round was 1 round too much both for me as for FAnG. Aside from proving 1up wrong, there was no real motivation for FAnG to play this round. We failed early on against 1up and from that moment the rest of the round became irrelevant to FAnG.

LCH, you guys played a good round and proved you aren't just ToT's little brother. A well played round and deserved #2 spot.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 08:03   #23
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
6 NewDawn 112608 99 3.604.365 356.832.167

Until a few weeks ago, similar comments to those I made about HR would have applied. But somehow ND seem to have lost their way in the last few weeks and turned what was a decent round for them into a pretty bad one. Overtaking a crippled MISTU in the rankings wouldn't really demonstrate any improvement
HR overtook us fair and square, but due to us taking on quite a comparitively large number of new recruits (many of whom we took on with very small planets half way through the round for various reasons such as being ex-ND etc), I am very hopeful that ND will achieve a better comparitive position next round when we have a solid memberbase from the start. I for instance missed out the first few weeks, and have just recently lost the T160 position I'd slowly crawled into as I missed another 5 days

As for WP; they did play this round. 17 waves told me they did (bullies)
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 08:30   #24
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

17 waves on a T160 planet ?
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 08:36   #25
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

It was wp after all.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 09:03   #26
hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
17 waves on a T160 planet ?
Stop acting like you're suprised jerome
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 09:44   #27
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Indeed, I had 28 waves in 36 hours within 2 weeks of round start, and miraculously none of the alliances attacking piggied each other.

Wasnt that lucky!

(Lo LCH/Vsn/Mistu)
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 11:53   #28
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

My statement was implicatous of something it wasn't... There were 17 waves split over a 7 wave and two 5 wave attacks from WP co-ords (VsN have waved me as well, hmmm). Luckily ND defence is awesome, and though I have been roided several times (Hardly surprising, considering the incs), I did lose 400 or so roids because I sent def to my PaX co-ords by mistake :/

At that time, I was something like rank 400-500, but I was a zik with over 2k roids in a gal that was hovering between rank 90 and 110. One galmate and me made up half of the gal's roids and score (We're only just below half score now), though new galmates have pushed us up to T75; and the incs have dried up a bit
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:46   #29
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Indeed, I had 28 waves in 36 hours within 2 weeks of round start, and miraculously none of the alliances attacking piggied each other.

Wasnt that lucky!

(Lo LCH/Vsn/Mistu)
Pple sometimes call that a "planned attack". Nice how they learned the art of "avoiding to piggy" while organizing a mass raid on your planet. They MUST have the best attack agreement ever seen in PA because of that 1337 skill

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:49   #30
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

And talking about waves, 1up sent 5 waves to my 300 roids (and this midround while bad planets had about 600 or more roids) planet aswell (so did Vision and WP but ...). It just happens, get over it or don't play PA.

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:52   #31
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Pple sometimes call that a "planned attack". Nice how they learned the art of "avoiding to piggy" while organizing a mass raid on your planet. They MUST have the best attack agreement ever seen in PA because of that 1337 skill
???

I had that on my whole gal. And fang hit in with that lot too.

Though i was being a little naughty and insinuating something more, planning an attack with 3 alliances whilst denying here any links with each other
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 12:54   #32
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
And talking about waves, 1up sent 5 waves to my 300 roids (and this midround while bad planets had about 600 or more roids) planet aswell (so did Vision and WP but ...). It just happens, get over it or don't play PA.

I do hope that wasnt aimed at me.

Because I certainly am not complaining about being attacked.

I am damn proud of the way my gal has survived some damn ferocious incoming (and how I survived 1up members taking the piss over all the incoming ive had, cheers guys).
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 14:27   #33
jerome

Quote:
(and how I survived 1up members taking the piss over all the incoming ive had, cheers guys).
np nubmax.

ps. pack was so much cooler when some of us, kool kats, were there (aka r3-4)

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 31 Aug 2004 at 14:51.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 16:34   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
???

I had that on my whole gal. And fang hit in with that lot too.

Though i was being a little naughty and insinuating something more, planning an attack with 3 alliances whilst denying here any links with each other
like I said 500 times to everyone, FanG has NO DEALS with any alliance throughout the round apart from the first 2 weeks were there were 2-3 joint attacks in which we participated. I was on holiday at that time but when I returned I made sure there are no naps or anything.

Go sprout those accusations to the alliances that did nap and did have allies (or napped planets)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 16:38   #35
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I do hope that wasnt aimed at me.

Because I certainly am not complaining about being attacked.

I am damn proud of the way my gal has survived some damn ferocious incoming (and how I survived 1up members taking the piss over all the incoming ive had, cheers guys).
It was meant at everyone in general. Maybe your inc is abit higher then the avg incs, but you're not the first "known" player whose planet got raped because of revenge or bad feelings or anything ...

My alliance for instance was a perfect example of it, as we got ganked by every top alliance the first week.

It's just how PA is and nothing will change about that.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 16:41   #36
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

I would have to agree with Sid's accessment of ND to a point, however, there were obviously factors that filtered into our performance in R11.

We went through a change in command during the round, not formally ofcoarse, but nonetheless...always trying for any alliance, when long time members in command positions have to leave or have their activity slowed due to real life. This had an obvious impact on ND. Due to personality conflicts we had issues with certain top level players/Command members, and this also had a negative impact. We recruited a lot of new faces this round, and for the most part, the new members impressed, allthough I look for bigger things from them in the rounds to come. and last but not least, ND's defense team saw a lot of change this round, and as a result, DC's got overworked, and their were a lot of gaps from time to time where better DC coverage was needed. Considering the difference from r 10.5 to r 11 defense wise, I think our guys did a decent job, they picked things up quick and really put forth a lot of effort, and I think defense wise we did ok, but we did ware out some DC's in the process. This I think had the biggest impact on ND's round mid round. We had some new players step up and fill some pretty big shoes score/value wise this round, and I've been impressed with the effort of the members as a whole. I do believe our activity level dropped about a month ago, and it seems the HR push effected us where the members motivation was concerned. HR, well played, very impressed with your performance. In the last 3 days I would like to see my alliance make a valid push to regain the #5 spot, either way though, I have faith that the membership will do their best to end strong. Any time long time high scoring members leave due to just needing a break, or real life responsability, it can be trying, sure every alliance has dealt with it. This happened to ND in R11 as well. All in all, as I personally had hopes of a #3 finish in r 11, I'd say ND atleast held their ground overall, considering what we were faced with, allthough I'm sure opinions will vary in the PA community, this is how I see it.......

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 31 Aug 2004 at 16:47. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 22:45   #37
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
7 ROCK 97796 89 3.162.646 281.475.507

Tried to play in the big league - and failed. Assasin himself tried with 2 different planets (successfully avoiding deletion for taking over the 2nd) but they failed to impress. Less time making excuses about being atacked and more time doing something about it would be my advice. They're on the borderline of being relevant to a round's outcome but seem unable to cross the line to actual competence.
Uhm sid, I think we never stated that rock wanted to play with the 'big boys' If only 15/20 out of 100 are alive when people tend to attack in pa the officers/hc you have can't do shit about it. The problem is the huge amount of dutch and other european players and a total lack of aussies and americans.
The first idea of rock is to have fun. We have had the nr1 planet during the start of the round, but because the alliance ain't active enough we lost it.
The excuses about being attacked is in fact true. When I normally got online 4.45 game time, I checked up the logs and current def calls and we had several nights with idiotic amounts of incoming on or planets. 25 attacks on rock planets at that point was a usual thing for most of the round. After 5.00 we had another 10-15 planets under attack on regular base also. I think I can state that we have had more incoming then most other alliances at most point in the game.
As I stated before rock is an alliance where people come to have fun. people with ambition for a top100 spot shoudn't be in rock.
Those people tend to have 2 or 3 def fleets out all the time, so they can't grow + when they get incoming they are hardly never covered.
They only way why the bigger rock planets kept there roids was because of gal m8s.

Hope I cleared a bit up.

A retired player for the rest of the round
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:54   #38
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
The problem is the huge amount of dutch and other european players and a total lack of aussies and americans.
Few americans play those games really activly, they stick to pro games. As for EU people depends again on how dedicated they are. I ve seen people waking up at 4-5 AM for attacking/defending - going to work/school in the morning with no problem etc.

Quote:
The first idea of rock is to have fun. We have had the nr1 planet during the start of the round, but because the alliance ain't active enough we lost it. I think I can state that we have had more incoming then most other alliances at most point in the game.
This round for Rock was a risky combination of having fun and playing for a high spot. Things looked good in the beginning but after the massive incs appeared everything went wrong. Sad thing to watch was some officers/members hopping to alliances which were in the winning side at that point (shame really those people are true losers).
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 06:12   #39
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Here's my views on the various alliances' performances. I've gone on curent rankings but any changes now will be largely superficial.

4 MISTU 94126 92 3.929.411 361.505.881

A disappointing result for Mistu - and not a fair reflection of their ability. I'd rate Mistu as the best of the alliances who opposed us: they suffered from being the first to do so (I suspect for reasons related to persnal hubris rather than from a proper tactical analysis of the situation). After RJ quit PA they lost focus. They alos suffered from the merger with Phraktos: which generated bad PR and gained them little (I'd guess half of the PH members they recruited subsequently got deleted for cheating). A better alliance than their ranking suggests - let down by misguided leadership who pursued grudges rather than acted in an objective fashion in the interest of their alliance.
I have to agree with you Sid, things just didn't go well this round.
I personally have been an inactive cnut the last month, due to boredum of PA ... I plan on returning to MISTU in round 12 (if they'll keep me, DO's going inactive = bad)

Ah well, I managed to make top 200 while playing like utter crap, though I guess that's due to my gal, which should have easily been top 10 if everyone kept playing

Ah well, next round, new story should unfold
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 04:11   #40
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Well from the agressors point of view .. ND and MISTU have had an excellent round, getting through their defence this round has been no end of fun.. respect to your members and your defence and attack teams !
Atm we look like we have cleared 4th position for ourselves ... but it was fun and hard work getting it and keeping it, even up to 4 days b4 the end it was not looking like a forgone conclusion, we had our fair share of problems, and effectively sids right and we couldnt be more proud of the members and officers efforts this round.
Wether u two guys are dissapointed in your performance is entirely your decision but from my point of view you were not a dissapointment, you were tough nuts to crack, the round for me has been alot more fun than previous ones, 4th, 5th and 6th places were by no means secure for most of the round, its been a battle i've enjoyed watching and being a participant in...
Congrats guys!
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 19:44   #41
koaff
[HR] f0e life

koaff is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm proud to be a part of the most fantastic bunch of people and leaders I've encountered in online gaming (and that noone can take away from me).

Proud to be [Howling Rain] for life !

w00f

Exodus 20:1-3

w00f
koaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 19:58   #42
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

/me wipes away a tear from his eye.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 12:49   #43
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. 1up(New of the round, but not new of the game. Theese guys are dedicated and I honestly think they will win unless they get smackered by several other alliances at the same time. They also seem to be feared. cypher will lower their average score tho :P)
2. Mistu(Having gotten som great players, I think they will manage to come in second once more. Im not sure what membercount they have, but they have atleast recruited quite some since last round(and got rid of n00bs like myself apparently ))
3. FAnG(FAnG can win. But only if they manage to take down 1up. I dont think they can do this 1on1, but 1up will have many enemies, and might find it hard to win if FAnG turn their force against them. I do not think they will manage to win this round tho.)
4. Vision(They have collected some good names since last round. And they have also got a decent memberbase. What will stop them from getting higher is the little bit they lack on attacking, and maybe their less dedicated players, which afaik they have some of. However the big names will make them much much better this round, hopefully also offensive.)
5. Phraktos(Back from last rounds failure. They showed themselves great until the finnish. Having talked to the HCs, im sure Phraktos will be back, stronger than ever, but with far better competition than last round. If they manage 5th, they should have a better chance in r12.)
6. Wolfpack(Wolfpack seem to always be around. They got a lower average score than most other top 10 alliances, but seem to have more members and therefor stay around. They also have some people who can make them better.)
7. []CH[](Havent really got much info on theese guys last round(s). However as I remember them, they are a quite dedicated gang of players, who always put up a fight. Very skilled, but not too many in numbers. I think they will have quite some big players, but unfortunatley Quantity owns Quality now adays.)
8. NewDawn(The newdawn spirit will carry them, as it has always done. Loyalty is the key. ND have had many of the same members for a very long time. Theese people know the game, and know how to have fun. I belive they will be satisfied with 8th, as long as they roid some of the biggest gals/planets )
9. HowlingRain(An average alliance with a great community. Theese people like having fun, and they are having fun. They recruit players who r new, and help them grow in a great community.)
10. ToF(Tides of Fire might be the suprise of the round. I dont know much about them, but they had a decent attack @ my gal in beta :P Tho im not impressed that some of the guys landed and lost their fleet. Seem to me they got some decent potential, but need to work hard to stay alive during the real round. GL to them.)

Thats what I think, and its based on now blocking. Ignore my bad spelling. I just woke up.

-Jonas-

Thats what I guessed before the round started. Seems I was a bit off, but not totally making a fool of myself :P

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 13:20   #44
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

btw, other players guessed the top10 results before the round started. Can be found here: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...9&page=2&pp=50

Retired
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 13:49   #45
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well Jonas you was wrong for a few of them.. and what anoys me is the fact people to this day wont give ROCK any recognisition.. and here was your first guess:

1. 1up(New of the round, but not new of the game. Theese guys are dedicated and I honestly think they will win unless they get smackered by several other alliances at the same time. They also seem to be feared. cypher will lower their average score tho :P)
2. Mistu(Having gotten som great players, I think they will manage to come in second once more. Im not sure what membercount they have, but they have atleast recruited quite some since last round(and got rid of n00bs like myself apparently ))
3. FAnG(FAnG can win. But only if they manage to take down 1up. I dont think they can do this 1on1, but 1up will have many enemies, and might find it hard to win if FAnG turn their force against them. I do not think they will manage to win this round tho.)
4. Vision(They have collected some good names since last round. And they have also got a decent memberbase. What will stop them from getting higher is the little bit they lack on attacking, and maybe their less dedicated players, which afaik they have some of. However the big names will make them much much better this round, hopefully also offensive.)
5. Phraktos(Back from last rounds failure. They showed themselves great until the finnish. Having talked to the HCs, im sure Phraktos will be back, stronger than ever, but with far better competition than last round. If they manage 5th, they should have a better chance in r12.)
6. Wolfpack(Wolfpack seem to always be around. They got a lower average score than most other top 10 alliances, but seem to have more members and therefor stay around. They also have some people who can make them better.)
7. []CH[](Havent really got much info on theese guys last round(s). However as I remember them, they are a quite dedicated gang of players, who always put up a fight. Very skilled, but not too many in numbers. I think they will have quite some big players, but unfortunatley Quantity owns Quality now adays.)
8. NewDawn(The newdawn spirit will carry them, as it has always done. Loyalty is the key. ND have had many of the same members for a very long time. Theese people know the game, and know how to have fun. I belive they will be satisfied with 8th, as long as they roid some of the biggest gals/planets )
9. HowlingRain(An average alliance with a great community. Theese people like having fun, and they are having fun. They recruit players who r new, and help them grow in a great community.)
10. ToF(Tides of Fire might be the suprise of the round. I dont know much about them, but they had a decent attack @ my gal in beta :P Tho im not impressed that some of the guys landed and lost their fleet. Seem to me they got some decent potential, but need to work hard to stay alive during the real round. GL to them.)

Thats what I think, and its based on now blocking. Ignore my bad spelling. I just woke up.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 18:58   #46
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Yeah, well alot went on on alliance side. ROck had VgN this round, didnt they? Also Phraktos never became anything.

Looking forward to guess for next round :P

Retired