User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Aug 2004, 20:47   #1
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
Seriously though

has LCH, mistu and vision given up on taking down 1up? Please get your fingers out of my ass, and start blocking fs.

(blablabla)

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 09:31   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Seriously though

yes they have, that's why ND keep getting hit by them

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 11:03   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

lol Xy
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 12:19   #4
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

But... but.... They all signed Sid's proposal not to block
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 13:25   #5
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Yes, 1up have proved their the best etc etc, NO BLOCKING Blah Blah, now someone get moving and take them out. Its simple logistics... 100 versus 700+ means big battles, lots of people going into Vac mode, lots of suiciding and a hell of a lot of fun.

START ATTACKING 1UP fs!
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 13:50   #6
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Yes, 1up have proved their the best etc etc, NO BLOCKING Blah Blah, now someone get moving and take them out. Its simple logistics... 100 versus 700+ means big battles, lots of people going into Vac mode, lots of suiciding and a hell of a lot of fun.

START ATTACKING 1UP fs!
Well done, I think you managed to uncover a tactic no-one else has thought of. I'll get the calc and the defence channel notices ready shall I?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 16:30   #7
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fleets grounded !

It's quite funny how you guys sell Mistu/Vision/LCH so short, they aren't retards they started cooperating ages ago, although they seem to have given up now.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 16:31   #8
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Fleets grounded !

It's quite funny how you guys sell Mistu/Vision/LCH so short, they aren't retards they started cooperating ages ago, although they seem to have given up now.
co operated against whom tho?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 16:51   #9
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Yea 1up ask for no blocking but it seems they have the most Naps in the universe. Yes i know its not blocking but just as bad. I'm sure most Naps will be broken just as soon as they run out of other targets tho.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 16:54   #10
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad
Yea 1up ask for no blocking but it seems they have the most Naps in the universe. Yes i know its not blocking but just as bad. I'm sure most Naps will be broken just as soon as they run out of other targets tho.
Which alliances do you think we have Naps with?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 17:01   #11
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Which alliances do you think we have Naps with?
Did I say alliances?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 19:35   #12
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Fleets grounded !

I dont believe that is true :[

4S

Illuminati
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 21:27   #13
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad
I'm sure most Naps will be broken just as soon as they run out of other targets tho.
Its getting that way - I belive they've altered their policy to killing anyone who launches on a 1up gal, even if they recall immediately, believing its a regular target

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 08:07   #14
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Its getting that way - I belive they've altered their policy to killing anyone who launches on a 1up gal, even if they recall immediately, believing its a regular target
We extended a policy of no incoming until hostile for planets from other alliances in 1up galaxies. I personally do not call this a NAP. I see it as a means to keep ridiculous galaxy politics, which often upset more than one apple cart, on the back burner and remove some of the pressure of galaxy politics which we all know exist in top galaxies.

With the glut of intel about we know it is both simple and quick to find out if these planets are attacking a 1up planet, thus we believe that any planet that now launches on a 1up planet, given the information available to them, is now performing a hostile act and shall be treated accordingly.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:02   #15
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
We extended a policy of no incoming until hostile for planets from other alliances in 1up galaxies. I personally do not call this a NAP.
Why is a policy of no incomming not a NAP?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:16   #16
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
Why is a policy of no incomming not a NAP?
The opinion was my personal one. I see a NAP as something whereby both parties cooperate to for a common good and by both parties I mean alliance. In this instance 1up are calling the shots simply to save hassle for ourselves and to ease politics for our members in mixed galaxies where friction between the galaxy members would do us more harm than good. However, if the agreement is broken, then there is no bargaining, retals or discussion at any sort of level. It's over, plain and simple.

Like I say, it's my own personal view on the situation. People will call a spade a spade but because of the one sided nature of the agreement I don't think it's quite as simple as just calling it a NAP, as this insinuates other things.

Quote:
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:42   #17
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

well, NAP stands for Non aggression pact. That is what you have. No two ways about it, they wont hit 1up, you wont hit them.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:53   #18
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
well, NAP stands for Non aggression pact. That is what you have. No two ways about it, they wont hit 1up, you wont hit them.
I'm not going to insult your intelligence and try to explain why we have the policy we do any further than what Rob has posted in a different thread.

Got nothing better to do while the games down?

Quote:
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:42   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

That smells like a NAP
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:47   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Frankly I'm appalled 1up haven't been hitting every planet from 1:1:1 down to 51:2:10 in rotating order.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:55   #21
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

I've tried, most are too small tho
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 17:09   #22
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Or in vacation

When have alliances ever not given other planets in their own galaxies NAPs ? I'm quite glad we do it, saves a lot of nasty internal galaxy arguements. It's hardly our fault that certain alliances seem unable to force their members to hit us or their BCs and HCs to hit us for that matter.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 19:08   #23
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

its a well known fact as soon as you start to break up galaxy naps you will take side against your own members.
Ppl will not report incomings on them, ppl will make fake calls or try other nasty stuff and your members will be upset because you "ruin" their galaxyranking or hit ppl they got to know quiet well by then.
The more active the galaxy is and the more active the ppl in it are. the more damage will you do to your OWN alliance, because you will see ppl leaving and ppl choosing their galaxy over their alliance.
Since the pa community shrinked and the rounds went on and on, every member has a history and his natural "team" of guys he gets along with. If you hit the #1 galaxy for easy roids, your own members will be upset because you take part for the #2 gal etc etc. Same can be applied for personal galranks. "look you bashed this xy bc now he says i sold him out and will ruin MY round".

However i do agree that galaxy nap policiy is something which has been done since r3 by every alliance in the game to protect its own members. Be it in blocksplits, or mixed random galaxys.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:50   #24
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Yes, in casual conversation, I call them Galaxy NAPs.

In so much as any planet in a 1up galaxy wants to make themselves more useful wtih asteroids than without (by defending our planets, reporting their incoming, etc) then we'll let them keep them. If they want to attack us for whatever reason, then thats fine too, they get added to our target list.

I'd be surprised if any of the top 4 alliances didn't have a similar policy.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 11:04   #25
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

vision doesn't. They let their biggest members fk over everything they want.

4S

Illuminati
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 11:32   #26
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

Visions biggest members that sit in 1up gals also nap them. Bunch of cowards imo
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:50   #27
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Seriously though

Taken from Sid's Proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
For such an agreement to work, a few issues would need to be addressed - starting off with a definition of what constitutes a block. My understanding is that the limit of members per alliance next round is most likely going to be 75. With that in mind, I'd tend to view any pair of alliances working together as a partnership - and any group of 3 or more alliances with a combined membership of more than 100 as a block. What constitutes working together? As soon as your members are forbidden to attack members of another alliance then I'd consider you as part of the same block. If your alliances all share target lists and insist on members only attacking those targets then that would make you part of a block.
So all those planets who have had a "policy of no incoming" are effectvely, by Sid's standards, in a block. There are already 97 members in 1up and I'm fairly sure more than three planets have been given Planetary Nap Status, and as those single planets who have been offered these NAPs span further than 1up and 2 other alliances then again, that constitutes as a block.

Nice one Sid. Wait long enough for people to actually stop reading the proposal and go back on the fundemental values of what it stands for. Now THATS clever.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 13:27   #28
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Stop looking for loopholes in Sid's arguments and accept the fact that 1up were the best alliance in this round

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 13:38   #29
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

donkie, did u even read what he wrote? Thats talking about an alliance ordering their members to not attack a certain alliance.

Believe me, that has not happened in 1up.

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 17:41   #30
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Stop looking for loopholes in Sid's arguments and accept the fact that 1up were the best alliance in this round
I don't deny that their performance this round has been fantastic, and I certainly accept the argument that they've done the best this round. And I'm a student of philosophy and politics - I read statements, find loopholes and provide counter arguments. Its what I do. When I find a problem with an argument I'll present it - whether it is against the #1 alliance or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupster
did u even read what he wrote?
Yes, thoroughly, but your argument is also flawed. A NAP is still a NAP, whether ordered alliance-wide or planet wide, and it is still stopping people from attacking each other though they're not in the same alliance. And I take it that 1up members do not attack those planets which 1up has a NAP with? So it would appear that members of an alliance[1up] are being told not to attack certain others dispite the fact they are not allied.

And yupster, only last night your ships were heading for a LCH planet[one of only six to be napped with 1up] and you were given orders to recall.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 19:02   #31
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

We're told not to attack galaxies with 1up in unless they've been actively hostile, is this so hard for you retards to grasp ? All 1up galaxies start on planet NAPs, this I'm pretty sure is standard practice unless they’re useless, the reason for this is two fold. If 1up begin hitting member's galaxies when they've done nothing wrong it creates tension in galaxies, galaxy mates are unlikely to report incoming and generally make things difficult for our members, secondly it helps create divisions in other alliances, early out we ripped apart several huge 1up galaxies who had planets who were being hostile to us, after this the rest of their alliances were less likely to act up preferring to betray their friends and alliances in return for little numbers in the asteroid field. It's hardly our fault that your members refuse to attack us, perhaps you guys need to get your own houses in order and kick members for cowardice.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 22:55   #32
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
That smells like a NAP
it is one

and where there is a NAP there also is a block in creation, and considering how many NAPs there are imo one could well call it blocking

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 00:05   #33
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

As things are quiet and well.... boring this afternoon, I'll indulge you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *donkie*
And I'm a student of philosophy and politics - I read statements, find loopholes and provide counter arguments. Its what I do.
Does that pay well?

Quote:
Yes, thoroughly, but your argument is also flawed. A NAP is still a NAP, whether ordered alliance-wide or planet wide, and it is still stopping people from attacking each other though they're not in the same alliance. And I take it that 1up members do not attack those planets which 1up has a NAP with? So it would appear that members of an alliance[1up] are being told not to attack certain others dispite the fact they are not allied.
I've already said its a NAP, a galaxy NAP. Who cares what you call it? I won't argue the semantics of what word you use.

Note the italics I added. Galaxy mates of our members are by very strong Planetarion tradition, and encouraged by the game mechanics of PA, considered to be allied until they prove otherwise. When they defend our members, report their incoming, and generally are on our side, they deserve a little consideration.

Ultimately, we are playing the game to our own higher standards. To win by the rules we set for ourselves is the motivating factor. And at the end of the round, when we reflect on the results, it will be only to ourselves that we have to answer.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 02:44   #34
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

1up has NAPs? Where do I sign up for that list? I mean if they had NAPs don't ya think they'd be shortening their list of targets. In galaxy NAPs make perfect sense. It helps the galaxy grow stronger and it also helps protect the alliances of those in the galaxy. Now some of us only have one alliance in our galaxy so its kinda useless but I still think its a good idea.

As for the 1up NAPs, like I said, if they did I'd be the first to sign up along with a lot of other people but they don't. Maybe if you earn their respect they'd decide not to attack you or your gal, perhaps they'd even ask a member of your gal (or you) to join. They don't however. 1up is an alliance that has beaten us all at the game and that is that. It's the way things work folks. You got beat so stop trying to find some hole to try and ease your concious about.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:21   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only people to come out badly of the galaxy NAPs are the LCH/MISTU/VsN whoever who make a conscious decision to not do their alliances bidding - they might as well play for 1up if they feel that way.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:40   #36
The_Fish
ND

What I don't understand is why, after they've easily won and are now invincible, they don't cancel some of these galaxy naps for the roids and ranks. I mean, taking zo0f out of the top 10 wouldnt be too hard for them, moving another 1up into his place.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:46   #37
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I don't understand is why, after they've easily won and are now invincible, they don't cancel some of these galaxy naps for the roids and ranks. I mean, taking zo0f out of the top 10 wouldnt be too hard for them, moving another 1up into his place.
What's the point though? PA isn't just ranks and roids. Whoever's zo0f's 1up galmate(s) would probably take offense. 1up would be lambasted with claims that they're 'betraying' those galmembers who have undoubtedly helped them to their position.

It's already crystal clear that 1up has won, why should they add insult to injury?
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:50   #38
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

Its those galmates that betrayed their alliances first by taking the naps. Whats another betrayal or two.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 11:10   #39
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

The two 'betrayels' have little to do with eachother.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 13:59   #40
Crazeh
Jedi Mastah

Crazeh is an unknown quantity at this point

1up owned us all, get over it and start pondering how to avoid it next round

Round 3-4 Newbie
Round 6-10 NoS
Round 10.5-11 FAnG

[Mercenaries]
[Illuminati]
Crazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:05   #41
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

Any alliance that puts together 70-90 of the most active players will own hands down. The only way to counter it is to put together another 70-90 just as active people. Which would leave two very active alliances and 10+- very inactive to semi active alliances.

Outcome:
Less people playing or even careing.

They should have kept the 75 member or even less players per alliance. May have made things a bit more equal.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:41   #42
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Jester pretty much hit the nail on the head: there's no incentive for 1up (as an alliance) to break the deal it offered to members of other alliances who share galaxies with our members. All it would achieve is to demonstrate bad faith on our part and piss off our members in those galaxies who worked hard to gain cooperation from their galaxy members.

Having an all-1up top10 would be nice - yes. But I value keeping my word far higher.

Obviously we're taking a far tougher line on those who don't keep their half of the deal, but there will be no cancellations of agreements made by 1up against those who have fully kept their end of the deal.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:47   #43
Mr_Blonde
The Natural Blonde

Mr_Blonde is infamous around these partsMr_Blonde is infamous around these parts

lol sid @ trying to start a war
Mr_Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 15:03   #44
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Let me translate: Sid doesnt want to spoil chances for winning next round too.

(Hi salomo)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 04:41   #45
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Let me translate: Sid doesnt want to spoil chances for winning next round too.

(Hi salomo)
Round 2, 3 and 4 all over again? But where is Legion and who is RB these days?

:-)

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 06:45   #46
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

RB is 1up clearly.

Legion is fang

Fury is hirr
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 10:32   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
RB is 1up clearly.

Legion is fang

Fury is hirr
no legion ain't

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:23   #48
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomo
Round 2, 3 and 4 all over again? But where is Legion and who is RB these days?

:-)
Forest is still around..

Indeed, your correct. Its the old trick of galaxy-pacification again. PA politics evole around the same things, round after round.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 17:01   #49
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
PA politics evole around the same things, round after round.
and, after 13 rounds, you still havent the slightest idea what those things are...
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 17:31   #50
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
There isnt a top10 alliance in the game that doesnt have a highranking player being gal protected by 1up.

Nice of you to pick out a HR one tho fishy, especially with the hear-say thats been posted about ND on these boards recently:P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote