User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 22:32   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down pulsar

Its a bit unfair for the lil pulsar to have all the pressure of destroyers on there hands specially when they got a powerful peg coming at them from some noobie bashing terran.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 23:23   #2
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: pulsar

Eh? What you on about?

You mean they're the only xan ships that target de? Well cats only have roach, ziks only have cutter and ter only pho. Pho are less 'killy' than pulsars, cutters are quite pathetic in terms of defence, roaches are cool but don't kill...

Also bear in mind that a terran has to take insane losses to roid you by landing pegs on you, whilst you can roid that terran straight back with the bomber/lancer combo and they can't do anything about it!
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 23:31   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

ok if you are sure.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 23:42   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

he is sure

tbh id like to see either the phoenix or gryphon have a lower initiative, or give the lancer a higher one

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:24   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

The terran doesn't need to be improved. He's already overpowering ziks and caths. It's the ziks and caths that need help either by improving their defence ships or by making it easier for them to roid a xan. I'd give the sub and emp ships a tad more power. Not too much though.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:42   #6
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

cath are powerful enough as it is, they have some of the most cost-effective ships available. Zik need some damage upgrades to a few ships, but i think if you do much more to cath it will just unbalance it that way. only thing with cath is they dont really kill anything.

I've said it elsewhere already, but i dont think you should have really weak and strong ships, that ships should be closer matched and more emphasis put on tactics instead of who has the most of the strongest ship.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:46   #7
Gerbie
pe0n

Cost effectiveness can be measured in many ways. If you look at the effect as #ships killed then all emp ships have a cost effectiveness of 0. If I attack a xan and have 50% of my ships killed I pull. If I attack a cath and have 99% of my ships stunned I land.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:54   #8
Phant
Meep meep vs. 3.89

Phant is an unknown quantity at this point

Cath ships are powerful yes, but atm it doesnt balance enough for the fact that its almost impossible for a normal cath to keep any roids atm and that he/she needs almost all of his fleet to attack a xan which they are designed to do.
I think having a ship that kills either cruisers or destroyers would help caths a lot. Cause if not they have to be improved. Much of the same problem with ziks, but I dont know enough about how things work for them.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:57   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

ive said it before and people seemed to ignore it

I would like cath/zik to kill all 6 classes, and freeze or subvert just 3.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 21:48   #10
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i rarely have huge trouble roiding xands so long as i dont go for the insanely big ones... (i'm cathaar of course)

there's no huge problem with the stats this round except that the xands are overpowered, and there's too many terran planets for their fr roiding fleets to feed on.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:01   #11
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
cath are powerful enough as it is, they have some of the most cost-effective ships available. Zik need some damage upgrades to a few ships, but i think if you do much more to cath it will just unbalance it that way. only thing with cath is they dont really kill anything.
I disagree with the part about having the most cost effective ships. The Xan have three more cost effective ships if I recall correctly.

That seems a little silly to me. Not only do they kill the best of the killing races, they kill better then the supposedly high firepower Cath? And fire Init 3? Wow, I'm surprised we all didn't pick Xan.

The Cath need, at the very least, a firepower boost to any ship classes that are not the most efficient. As someone else in this thread said, half the ships dead, pulling. 99% frozen, landing. It's not good enough for a Cath to be equal, or maybe just a little better. At least Zik have a chance to kill via subverting, although in defense that chance is slim to none, unless you're being attacked by an idiot. Cath's need to have significanty stronger weapons. Maybe even reduce the firepower of the killing ships a bit, to balance it out.

Melesse
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 01:06   #12
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

actually one of the cathaar killships is pretty good. the spider is better than it's terran equivalent the harpy.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 23:01   #13
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

All the Cath Kill ships are better then the terran ships. Only three terran ships kill better then the Cath kill ships. I dunno how I feel about that. I understand that Terrans are supposed to be heavily armored, not so hot at killing, but it should at least be equal. Maybe a reduction in the firepower of the Cath kill ships, or an increase in price?

Melesse
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 07:24   #14
Gerbie
pe0n

Cath only have 3 killing ships. But you are right that the killing ships they have are not bad, while the emp ships simply don't seem to do the job. When looking at the killing power of their ships, bare in mind that they have weak armor and fire very late (except spider). They may not survive to fire a shot.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 10:10   #15
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel cath killships are balanced in general... You will not hit a xan with your defenders, and if you get hit by a xan, they will calc it so they got through anyway, shooting your defenders before they can hit with their arrowheads. I find them useful as defships against hte bomber/sabre/lancer combo (People starting to send fewer arrowheads due to the clipper problem). Tarantulas as they are are great, I'm happy facing them as a zik, without them I'd have completely free reign against caths, just being able to own them with CR is enough
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 10:14   #16
The Seal
*idle*

The Seal is on a distinguished road

/me hopes the cath emp-ships will be up-powered for next round
then I might change to cath