User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Aug 2006, 23:02   #1
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
Plz Reactive Score Bashlimit

No clue why it was disabled - if it was a bug, happened accidently or intentionally.
So far 3 ppl from our alliance have lost roids to attacks that never should have happened if the limit was as it is supposed to be.
Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to fix as it is basically the same as Value Bashlimit that is still intact.
I am still wondering why there hasn't been any anouncement about it - Support was notified more than 12h ago and promised to look into it.

No need to make it even easier for the top planets as it is this round anyway

Regards
Marka
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 23:20   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Plz Reactive Score Bashlimit

We have not been able to reproduce this bug in testing and we cannot see any potential issues in the code. If anyone does encounter it please get in touch as fast as possible with full details.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 23:25   #3
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

well the round is over pretty much anyway, and you won't end much higher or lower. People are probably doing the resource spend thing.
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 00:01   #4
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
We have not been able to reproduce this bug in testing and we cannot see any potential issues in the code. If anyone does encounter it please get in touch as fast as possible with full details.
Err - what evidence you need exactly?
I have had half a dozen ppl try attacking planets that are above 40% their value but less than 60% (50%, 40%) of their score.
I have the impression that everyone can do that atm - noone I asked could see planets with orange score.
If you need JGP or anything to proof that leave me a Forum Message or contact me on IRC.
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 02:49   #5
Vikman
F-crew HC

Vikman is on a distinguished road

I see the orange values on planets just fine.
[email protected]
Vikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 07:17   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka
Err - what evidence you need exactly?
I have had half a dozen ppl try attacking planets that are above 40% their value but less than 60% (50%, 40%) of their score.
I have the impression that everyone can do that atm - noone I asked could see planets with orange score.
If you need JGP or anything to proof that leave me a Forum Message or contact me on IRC.
A JPG is not relevant - only tyhe score/value when the order is given matters. So you would need a screen shot or something showing the score and value of the target a the approxmate mission order time.

And again if we can't reproduce the bug or see any issues in the code then clearly we cannot fix it.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Aug 2006, 09:11   #7
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I think possibly the confusion is that this bash limit allows you to hit someone if value is within the limit, OR score is within the limit, OR value and score is within the limit?
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 10:37   #8
Marka
xVx

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
I think possibly the confusion is that this bash limit allows you to hit someone if value is within the limit, OR score is within the limit, OR value and score is within the limit?
According to pre-round infos, manual and #support it should be value AND score.
I left Kal some examples where ppl been able to set attacks on planets as low as 13% of their score or 72% of score but 18% of value.
Check for yourself if you can attack planets that are above 40% of your value but below 60% of your score or attacking planets above 60% of you score but below 40% of your value.
To me it appears as if the AND check has been replaced by OR check.
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 10:53   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka
According to pre-round infos, manual and #support it should be value AND score.
I left Kal some examples where ppl been able to set attacks on planets as low as 13% of their score or 72% of score but 18% of value.
Check for yourself if you can attack planets that are above 40% of your value but below 60% of your score or attacking planets above 60% of you score but below 40% of your value.
To me it appears as if the AND check has been replaced by OR check.
No. The whole point of implementing it was so that XP-whores with value under a planets bash, but with a high score could be hit. Thats why its obviously an "OR check" as you put it.

P.S. I definately read that in the manual, it was no mistake.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 11:11   #10
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual - Missions
Please note, you cannot attack planets which are less then 40% of your value AND score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round 18 Announcement
The "bash" limit (i.e. smallest planet you can attack out of protection and so forth) is 40% of your own value and 60% of your own score.
As far as i can see it is meant to have both above the %-tage before being able to attack that target (stated by the 'AND'). Not that i agree to have it that way (i much rather have it the 'OR' way), but i can't find any place in the manual which states otherwise. And ofcourse the question is what is right, the manual, or the announcement (i suppose it's the announcement).
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 20:29   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

In order for a planet to be below the bash limit its value has to be less than 40% AND its score less than 60% of the attacker. This is what is intended, this is what is in the manual, and this is what the code does. The examples Marka has shown me all comply with this logic.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Aug 2006, 23:04   #12
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

I'm afraid the manual is inaccurate, check the missions page.

Quote:
Please note, you cannot attack planets which are less then 40% of your value AND score.
Which confused me quite a bit when my own galaxy browser and sandmans were giving different results for planets I couldn't hit.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 23:17   #13
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Marka, I promised I would look into it and I did. The reason for there being a lack of an announcement is because there is nothing wrong with the code. Not only have I come to this conclusion but others who have looked at it, also have.

The code perfectly reiterates what was previously posted in the Round 18 Announcement at the beginning of the round and that is:

The "bash" limit (i.e. smallest planet you can attack out of protection and so forth) is 40% of your own value and 60% of your own score.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:54   #14
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
well the round is over pretty much anyway, and you won't end much higher or lower. People are probably doing the resource spend thing.
The resource spending thing was disabled...
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 16:21   #15
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

nope.. can still do it, jus can't get all of your res back. Have to actually prod out real ships now
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 16:50   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
I'm afraid the manual is inaccurate, check the missions page.

Which confused me quite a bit when my own galaxy browser and sandmans were giving different results for planets I couldn't hit.
Yes, it is sorry. It was 40 and 40 last round, it was changed back to 40 and 60. I've corrected it.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 17:19   #17
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Yes, it is sorry. It was 40 and 40 last round, it was changed back to 40 and 60. I've corrected it.
I dont see anywhere in the manual where its been "corrected".

Also the game is coded for 40% value OR 60% score.

Atm my value bash limit is ~900k but i can happily attack 600/700k planets with high xp.
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 20:09   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

No.
In the manual it says

"Please note, you cannot attack planets which are both less then 40% of your value AND 60% of your score."
that means you can attack planets that are only one of them, logically?
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:13   #19
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

actually, score is irrelevant as to bashing.. as someone with 5 million of score but 1million in value would still bash a planet of 400k value..

the key is value.. something must be done to dissuade or penalise basher.
i have suggest to put in a negative score penalty , leveled from 60% of value down to 40%, so if someone try to bash a planet , he lose score according to the level of bashing he d do.

i propose 1k score loss for each 1k of roid/ship value stolen. down to 2k per roid/ship stolen at 40%. so if a million value guy attack a 40% vale target , he get max penalty. top player looking to win the game would not be so quick to attack weak target.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote