User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Sep 2004, 18:44   #1
Suggestionperso

Suggestionperso is an unknown quantity at this point
Building destroyers

In the course of the game, the most annoying thing was NOT the destruction of my ships or the robbing of my asteroids, but rather, the destruction of my buildings (personally, I don't mind if my attackers steal all my asteroids and destroy all my ships...it's just the demolition of my structures that aggreviates me). First of all, destroying the defender's buildings is very annoying to the defender, especially if all their light, medium, and heavy factories gets destroyed. Another thing, buildings take an extremely long time to construct and one simple alliance attack can wipe out over two weeks worth of building construction!!! To balance this, I recommend that either all building destroyers be removed from the game altogether OR building destroyers should have their HP and Attack reduced to half, their cost should be doubled, and/or they can be targeted by all ships. This will in turn, really discourage people from destroying people's buildings and encourage more people to destroy other people's buildings via covert ops.

Last edited by Suggestionperso; 3 Sep 2004 at 20:34. Reason: Forgot to Add Something
Suggestionperso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 19:12   #2
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Building destroyers

I disagree, I quite liked the idea of allowing battleships to destroy buildings...

Ziks are easily fked by people... If they get no def, there has been one way in which I've reliably been able to get a recall... That is by attacking people with clippers, defending with cutters, and getting a xan mate to defend with trebuchets. A common tactic towards the end of the round as alliances quickly picked up on it (Afaik?), and it saved my roids many, MANY times. Thousands of them. I lost 2k near end of round, but I'd kinda stopped playing due to rl commitments and PC problems...

Without that, I would just have been another zik trampled underfoot by the xans and terrans who have a hideously easy time roidnig them...

And in alliance wars, you need to be able to have some way of hurting someone's infrastructure. If you plan a huge attack, it's great for hte BC to have the satisfaction of knowing that you genuinely hurt someone's planet
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 20:24   #3
Suggestionperso

Well, it is later on in the rd(it takes a lot of time and resources to build this fleet)....However, what if you were attacking by Xans and Terrs with scores of 500,000 after 10 days of playing planetarion...You wouldn't be able to get reliable defense and your structures will easily be destroyed (ESPECIALLY if much more powerful players gang up on you).
P.S.: Most people have either school or work during the weekdays and can't defend themselves or call for defense, if that is the case, how can they prevent the demise of their buildings UNLESS? And it feels GOOD to genuinely hurt others by destroying their buildings but what about when their allies return the favor...with Rd. 12, there will be 5 war factories and if they get destroyed, it will take a long time for the person to recover because that personwill be incapacitated to build ships!

Last edited by Suggestionperso; 3 Sep 2004 at 22:52. Reason: Add more information
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 23:03   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=179598

please at least read the first page before you start a thread. ta

-mist
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 01:30   #5
Suggestionperso

Sorry, but I don't think most people with a busy life will spend hours looking at 9 pages + of threads.
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:11   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suggestionperso
Sorry, but I don't think most people with a busy life will spend hours looking at 9 pages + of threads.
Theres a search feature and us mods dont like reading the same ideas over and over again just cos people were too lazy to check
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 15:21   #7
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

for one the death of your buildings is limited based on how many u have (20%)

also, some people have stock piled some of ones that they know they need and can't have out of production. By adding more elements into the game, it will only make it better as a whole. there for it should stay

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 18:39   #8
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suggestionperso
It was on the first page.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 21:18   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

So hows about this... Building destroyers also target ships. (If there are no buildings to destroy)

For example, a Terran sends minotaur/sphinx at a target, and they get cutter defence. The subverted sphinx will target and destroy some of the minotaur (and ofc any other destroyers present in the attacking fleets).

Of course this will mean that only zikonians can defend in this way to make use of it, but perhaps someone more intelligent can elaborate

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 12:18   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Some buildings should be indestructible...

When 1up didnt have more roids to take from their enemies, they went back to take out the constructions. It only makes defenders loose even more than roids and ships...

I dunno if destroyed constructions are calculated with salvage, but they should.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 13:02   #11
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

immo easier would be to make some "second construction level", meaning you can "repair" destroyed buildings for like half the original cost and half the construction time or something like that (maybe also that it should be a option next to making a new construction). It would still hurt, but easier to undo again