User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 19:44   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Some ideas - Extra objectives to the game

There are a couple of ideas i have been thinking about, or saw on other games which could add more depth to the game, and give other alliances something to fight other than the top galaxy, top planet or top alliance spot.

1. Flags/Points: Each day (24 ticks) the alliances get flags (points) for highest roids growth (let's top 5 get 7/5/3/2/1). Same with highest score growth, you could split into highest XP / value growth. Notice it should be based on percentage, not on actual growth. Alliances size should have a minimum member count to qualify for each days rewards.
2. Points could be redeemed. Let's say, an alliance could redeem 10 points for 1m resources which can be awarded to any member of the alliance below avg score.

Got one or two more ideas which i haven't given much thought, but i will try to make a newer post later, once i get home.

Anyways, let's see what you guys think of it, and perhaps you can give more ideas, let's do a brainstorming session :P
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 20:46   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some ideas - Extra objectives to the game

As soon as a 'war' mode is implemented, we could have sooo much more depth into the game. I do like your ideas but quite honestly - why would anyone care? In the current state it seems there's only one alliance bothered about winning right now.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 21:15   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to have some extra bonuses like that.

A proper "war" mode would also be interesting, as has been discussed here several times over the rounds.

Arfy makes a good point though...there's too much apathy in the alliance community atm :/

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 02:37   #4
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

What exactly do you mean by "war" mode?

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 02:40   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Alliance A can declare a block with alliance C who will go to war with alliance B who are napped with alliance D - and the game could give bonuses for say, roiding an alliance you're at war with etc.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:01   #6
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Something like this?

When I posted it, I was convinced it was a good idea. But now, I came to the conclusion that PA should only offer features to alliances. Not restrict them through limits and regulations.

Of course, if you mean that an alliance can also attack any other alliance WITHOUT going to war mode, the thing is completely different. Then war mode would equal a bonus in score, and would therefore be used, not as regulation, but as feature.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote