User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Aug 2004, 14:06   #51
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Hows PA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
good point, but then u never did do as u were told.
It's my style not do to what I'm told
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 14:41   #52
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
its IMPOSSIBLE for a paid planet to be unused - unused means never logged into - u have to login to upgrade it.

Read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote please, ta

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 14:46   #53
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote please, ta

~Vaio~
u spoke of 96 hours, which i assume refered to forests 96 hours deletion time for unused accounts.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 15:38   #54
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

it was total crap to limit the free planets like they did.. they have No motivation at all to log in and play

they would need alot more options, also more roids should also mean more resources (they can be less effective than the paid ones or whatever, but simply limiting them to 200 is a joke)

it's definately not the way to get new players..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 15:57   #55
Gunn3r

Gunn3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal
it was total crap to limit the free planets like they did.. they have No motivation at all to log in and play

they would need alot more options, also more roids should also mean more resources (they can be less effective than the paid ones or whatever, but simply limiting them to 200 is a joke)

it's definately not the way to get new players..

hmm, not sure if i understood u correctly but are u saying free planets are limited to 200 roids? because i have over 600 right now..
Gunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 16:01   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think he means you can only mine 200 roids when you're a free planet.
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 16:04   #57
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

That limiting mining thing is a joke btw, i mean, free planets can then have x amount of roids to be nice farms heh. Limit to a certain amount of mines, and make that eod.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2004, 23:23   #58
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
If the previous idea was adopted, such as limit free planets per galaxy to 2 planets, then there would be no shortage of ppl stepping up to play, and they would be more worried about keeping the account.
imagine this:
Old players will use up all the free accounts, even if they have an ability to pay, cause thay say "i dont wanna pay for this paX shit" but they still want to play. Dont think that will bring many new players tbh. As the new players that are actual newbies looking for a game, usually start midround....when no free planets would be left. That would be my fear with such a system.

However if the admins can let in a few freebies every week after tickstart, like a group every week. That would make it more likely to get new players instead of old ones. But then we'd have comments like you just stated, what about those who wants a good gal? and win? and bah whatever else? they'll prolly say something like:
i want 10 ppl in my galaxy, not 8, you all ruined my round, if my freebies comes mid round all will be lost....etc etc
point is, you cant find a perfect way of using the free accounts. But keep in mind, those free accounts are not there so you can win, but to gain the game new players and potential payers for their next round. So i wouldnt use your model of kicking on the freebies, then removing all their rights, then step on them some more, before you kick them out of the game.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:28   #59
Gunn3r

Gunn3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think he means you can only mine 200 roids when you're a free planet.
mhm i might seem like an ignorant, but are you telling me having more then 200 roids is actually pointless for a noob?

and if i got it wrong again, care to explain me the freebies system for the roids? :P
Gunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:47   #60
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

the things that will keep new players here after a week is roiding someone. if they have nobody to attack, then why would they stay?

The freebies actully play a larger part in the game than you may think - these are the source of roids for noobs, who are the source of roids for the average player, who are the source of roids for the larger players.

Without freebies to roid, the universe will simply stagnate further than we have seen

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:48   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunn3r
mhm i might seem like an ignorant, but are you telling me having more then 200 roids is actually pointless for a noob?

and if i got it wrong again, care to explain me the freebies system for the roids? :P
It's not my point. However limiting the mining capabilities of free planets to 200 roids certainly puts a definite ceiling on how fast they can grow in terms of building ships etc.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 00:49   #62
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

you can have as many roids as you want, you can only mine from up to 200 while free. Free accounts are limited by research, and they can only access the research branch permitting up to 200 roids.
the rest of the tech tree is similarly limited ( except the ship-type one )
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 07:57   #63
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
But keep in mind, those free accounts are not there so you can win, but to gain the game new players and potential payers for their next round.

Interesting point.

I put it to you, that free accounts arent there either to MAKE US LOSE. And that is exactly what is happening,
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 08:47   #64
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Interesting point.

I put it to you, that free accounts arent there either to MAKE US LOSE. And that is exactly what is happening,
So 1up is losing?
Or did you fail to help your free account galmates prosper and get them involved and active into the game? Or filter out the inactive from the completely inactive players? I have a galaxy with 5 of the original planets intact. All 5 other planets have been on IRC at least once. Ofc I had some practice on this. But if you put some effort in it, you could make the free accounts do better as well. Or maybe you can even make them paid (I picked out the most active player this round and paid for him).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 09:20   #65
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Interesting point.

With that attitude you'll sit aslone in galaxy 1:2 in a couple rounds looking for n00bs to bash.....good luck. Btw, my gal is ranked #90'is, great guys even tho only 2 of them are irc active, and a couple is freebies. And Forest, do you even remember r1.2.3 and all the other free and random rounds and how it used to be? or have you been completely spoiled by the numerous private rounds?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 10:08   #66
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
the things that will keep new players here after a week is roiding someone. if they have nobody to attack, then why would they stay?

The freebies actully play a larger part in the game than you may think - these are the source of roids for noobs, who are the source of roids for the average player, who are the source of roids for the larger players.

Without freebies to roid, the universe will simply stagnate further than we have seen
The freebies are nearly all teh n00bs

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 10:10   #67
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
With that attitude you'll sit aslone in galaxy 1:2 in a couple rounds looking for n00bs to bash.....good luck. Btw, my gal is ranked #90'is, great guys even tho only 2 of them are irc active, and a couple is freebies. And Forest, do you even remember r1.2.3 and all the other free and random rounds and how it used to be? or have you been completely spoiled by the numerous private rounds?
You were lucky, not everyone else is

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 19:31   #68
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

I ahve worked very hard, with repeated newbies, in this round, and i have a decent gal.

I do howvere know many ppl that dont ahve that luxury, or the contacts i do to get them into half decent alliances.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 19:32   #69
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
So 1up is losing?
Or did you fail to help your free account galmates prosper and get them involved and active into the game? Or filter out the inactive from the completely inactive players? I have a galaxy with 5 of the original planets intact. All 5 other planets have been on IRC at least once. Ofc I had some practice on this. But if you put some effort in it, you could make the free accounts do better as well. Or maybe you can even make them paid (I picked out the most active player this round and paid for him).

Ive worked damn hard on newbies this round, yet again.

And i didnt mean 1up, im talking galaxies.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 15:27   #70
Untouchable

Untouchable is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I really did open up a can of worms here. I suppose it shows that theres is much mixed feeling not only about how PA is run, but on how PA should be run.

Thanx for all your replies, never thought Id get that many.
Untouchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 18:51   #71
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Bet you wished you hadn't asked now

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !