User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 01:19   #351
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Hurt + Heal Alliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The problem of making this thread HURT-ONLY is quite obvious. The 'winner' is the alliance that everyone hates the least, as opposed to the alliance that everyone likes the most. Given that most of the list was full of winning (and therefore controversial) alliances, the victory of Wolfpack and LCH is hardly suprising - since neither was able to win around.

Why were they on the list again? I forget
I thought only round winners were on the list?
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 01:26   #352
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I thought only round winners were on the list?
If only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Oh and i chose these 15 allies using my round 3-20 knowlede of those allies that have continually competeing at a high level.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 02:42   #353
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Weren't Angelols on there? cba to read it up.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 02:52   #354
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, they died first. FAnG followed soon after.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:05   #355
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Exilition 4
Wolfpack 4
[]LCH[] 6 (-2) Interesting "tactics"
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:14   #356
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Exilition 2 [lemmingrun]
Wolfpack 4
[]LCH[] 5
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:18   #357
Obi-Wan
Jedi Master

Obi-Wan is just really niceObi-Wan is just really niceObi-Wan is just really niceObi-Wan is just really nice

Exilition 2
Wolfpack 4
[]LCH[] 2 (-3)
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:22   #358
Vargon
Beer is Life!

Vargon is a jewel in the roughVargon is a jewel in the roughVargon is a jewel in the roughVargon is a jewel in the rough

Exilition 2
Wolfpack 4
[]LCH[] 0 (-2)

Was always Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]

"Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him." - Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower
Vargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:24   #359
furball

So it's down to eXilition (2) and Wolfpack (4). If we were dealing with objective players who truly thought about the alliances in question before voting, then the answer would be obvious. But this is AD.

Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:25   #360
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough

Exilition -1 (-3)= out(even though I enjoyed my stay with you ..)

Wolfpack 4

gg <3
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 03:26   #361
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough

What's stuck up your ass furball ?
You've sounded bitter all the way through this thread..
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 04:11   #362
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbagast
What's stuck up your ass furball ?
You've sounded bitter all the way through this thread..
And my point is proven with your vote, although I'd like to point out here how glad I am to see a new poster (in this thread) who's actually read through the thread.

Let's be honest with ourselves now that this thread is over. The concept is ridiculous because once the obvious non-contenders are gone (FAnG, Angels, NoS, Eclipse, NewDawn, Elysium), it was just a matter of finding out which remaining alliance everyone hated the least. It looks like that was Wolfpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Noticed this method of deciding a winner from a list on many forums but never in pa alliance discussions. Its quite a fun method cos each alliance is dropped until there is one winner.
I think the thread's mission statement speaks for itself. In a competition featuring alliances with the superb achievements of Legion, Fury, 1up and eXilition, why have two alliances that never won a round (LCH and Wolfpack) been in the top 3?

The answer is as I said above - the superpowers' ex-members (referring to another on-going thread) were so busy killing each other off that they totally ignored the also-rans of Planetarion history. I don't expect the ex-members of LCH or Wolfpack to accept this lying down, but I have little doubt that such complaints will be evidenced on my rep page and in my PM inbox by this time tomorrow.

I thought I'd better end this post on an upbeat note, and so I shall. Since I think this 'hurt and heal' process has been a sham, I've ranked the alliances involved in my own personal order, with reasons where I felt like it. Several other alliances deserve to be in these rankings, but I've used Rinoa's list instead.

Said rankings.

1) Ascendancy - because if I chose any other alliance as #1 this thread would just turn into a 1up/eXilition debate again, and no-one in their right mind wants that.

2) Fury - a formidably powerful force at its peak, but elevated even higher because Fury has, through shameless self-promotion (hurrah), managed to keep itself in the public consciousness despite having been gone since Round 8.

3) 1up - an alliance that completely changed the complexion of the PaX era of Planetarion. Would PA have survived without the elimination of pre-round blocks, as initiated by Sid's seminal thread pre-Round 11? Thankfully we'll never know. Their first rounds featured a superbly creative military run by some of the greatest political minds in the history of Planetarion; 1up won in style multiple times.

4) eXilition - although denigrated by some for its early strategy of choosing which rounds it played, eXilition IS the only alliance to have won every round in which it played. eX overcame 1up round after round via strong politics and a dedicated military staff unrivalled by that of any alliance post-Round 10.

5) Legion - Legion's record speaks for itself.

6) Xanadu - as does Xanadu's. According to some, the greatest alliance never to have fully won a round (does r4 count? I'm never sure)

7) Eclipse - despite having dominated Round 9, Eclipse's failure to last more than a couple of rounds must count against them.

8) Elysium - perhaps one of the forgotten PA communities. I always liked them, even if they did win Round 10 in dubious fashion.

9) NoS - apparently these guys were good in Round 4, even with a wanker as CEO. I'm personally blinded by Round 13, but NoS's members' dedication speaks for itself.

10) []LCH[] - great community and ability, shame about the politics when it came down to the crunch. I find it hard to forgive them for Round 12, but that subject's been gone over many many times without resolution. As per Elysium, LCH's community kept a lot of players in the game who would otherwise have left.

11) Wolfpack - Round 13 anyone? A lot of good players and HCs, but perhaps lacking in direction at times.

12) FAnG - strong during PA's weakest time, but that's about it. Dead by the end of Round 11. I may be coming off as harsh here, but oh well.

13) NewDawn - good community, politically astute play in coming #2 in multiple rounds - but always lacking on the military side. Shame really.

14) Angels - great military ability, but an alliance without any real political vision or self-control to direct this military. Shot themselves in the foot so many times that it's hardly worth mentioning anymore - perhaps with just one starring political HC we would have seen a completely different Angels.

fin.
Unread 15 Mar 2007, 18:13   #363
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Why were they on the list again? I forget
Because Rinoa made the list.