User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:15   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
World Cup Teams

Currently, we have the following:
6 UK teams
2 US teams
2 Scandanivan teams (1 more team should be submitted soon though)
1 rest of europe team
1 rest of world team (should be another submitted soon).

Basically, the issue is that all but the UK groups are a bit lacking. I don't know if a second rest of europe team is coming, but there's only one real competition at the moment for the final. Unless a few more teams get together by Friday/Saturday (I'm willing to take teams right up until tick start, as long as they're willing to wait 10 minutes while I add them to the database) it's going to be pretty awful - hence my encouraging in CH to get some friends together. It's worth attempting it purely to get to the final. The only other thing I could think of was say doing UK, rest of europe, rest of world - only 3 clusters. This would give 6/4/4 teams (potentially), and then we could let the top 3 go through and have a bit more competition. We might get another one or two sign ups, but no one's really told me if they're submitting late.
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 22:36   #2
SilverAce
Fitty You Hot

SilverAce is on a distinguished road
Re: World Cup Teams

im all for the 3 region idea .... for those of us that have taken time out of our schedules/gotten together with friends ... itd be very lame if we had to sit there and cruise thru a 2 team region to the finals .... barring some mass last minute sign ups lets switch it up a bit and get some more competition

"Taking A Bit Of A Break"

Proud To Have Been - Fury - Coalition - NoS - []LCH[] - Omen - CT - VGN
Always []LCH[] At Heart
Esthar Forever

Last edited by SilverAce; 21 Jun 2006 at 22:41.
SilverAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 00:06   #3
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Only 3 teams in the final would really not be much fun to me personally. It might be competative but once one of the teams fell behind it would be over pretty quickly and a winner would pull ahead too easy. Unless ofc its really 6 gals competing which would be fun.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 02:12   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

3 region sounds good and maybe top 2 from two small regions and top 3 from uk or summet?
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 02:27   #5
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
3 region sounds good and maybe top 2 from two small regions and top 3 from uk or summet?
Or the top 2 in all regions so the UK doesnt automatically win the finals...
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 02:37   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well its a bit unfair to be honest germ

I mean theres 4 teams in region b and c, they get 2 places

6 teams in region a and we get 2 places.

Going on the logic of the first two places It would be one place for every two galaxies that competes.

I see where you are coming from completly though. Although I fail to see why the UK would automatically win the finals considering we have 3 teams compared to 4 teams from outside the uk...
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 02:49   #7
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
well its a bit unfair to be honest germ

I mean theres 4 teams in region b and c, they get 2 places

6 teams in region a and we get 2 places.

Going on the logic of the first two places It would be one place for every two galaxies that competes.

I see where you are coming from completly though. Although I fail to see why the UK would automatically win the finals considering we have 3 teams compared to 4 teams from outside the uk...
No, what would be unfair is handing the World Cup to the UK because they have more players than the other regions. This isnt a game to see who can sign up the most planets and I cant comprehend why you think you should get an advantage for that.

The UK will be a more competitive region, thats how it shakes out. There isnt proportional representation in the real world cup either, btw.

Yes, the UK would have less players than the other two teams COMBINED. But it isnt UK versus the World, the other regions would also be competing with each other, meaning the UK would have a massive advantage.
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 02:53   #8
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
No, what would be unfair is handing the World Cup to the UK because they have more players than the other regions. This isnt a game to see who can sign up the most planets and I cant comprehend why you think you should get an advantage for that.

The UK will be a more competitive region, thats how it shakes out. There isnt proportional representation in the real world cup either, btw.

Yes, the UK would have less players than the other two teams COMBINED. But it isnt UK versus the World, the other regions would also be competing with each other, meaning the UK would have a massive advantage.
I agree the UK is a competitive region but so is the rest of Europe especially scandinavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
There isnt proportional representation in the real world cup either, btw.
For the qualifying there is.
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 04:11   #9
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Maybe Appocomaster will have to come up with a few ideas and let us vote on them.

Unread 23 Jun 2006, 14:27   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

skip the qualifying and play finals only on july 15/16.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 14:52   #11
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Its not the best region that wins, it is the best galaxy.

If galaxies want to be silly enough to turn this into a three way region fight we may as well just play the first 6 hours, it will be over by then.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 15:29   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

we have 14 teams submitted. We were going to go for about 10 in the final, but I guess anything over 8 is good enough.

breakdown is 6/2/3/1/2, basically the 2 teams i thought were going to be submitted are.

At the moment, the 6 UK teams go down to 2, and the scandinavian teams have to fight out to get down from 3 to 2, and 1 person can apply to be in the final for a rest of europe team.

Though it'd mean more UK teams in the final, i'd prefer to group UK/Rest of Europe/Rest of world, giving galaxies of 6/4/4, with the top 3/3/3 or 4/3/3 qualifiying, giving 9-10 galaxies in the final. This would still mean only a few teams get dropped, so won't be so hardcore as the final.
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 15:34   #13
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Its not the best region that wins, it is the best galaxy.

If galaxies want to be silly enough to turn this into a three way region fight we may as well just play the first 6 hours, it will be over by then.
You are delluding yourself if you dont think people from the same country would support each other in the Planetarion World Cup. Perhaps in the regions that are more than one country this wouldnt happen as much, but that only gives the UK a greater advantage. The entire point of the WC is to have people compete based on the regions they live in. If it were strictly a galaxy competition we wouldnt be devided by location at all.
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 15:36   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

I think friendships will be more important than regions, actually
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 15:40   #15
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I think friendships will be more important than regions, actually
Im wondering why this event is called a world cup and why it is devided into regions if everyone thinks the regions dont matter.
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 15:54   #16
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Thats a good ideia, shame half of the players of my gal said me they could have something else to do and I answer "go for it, we won't need to play the qualifying anyway"
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 21:46   #17
K-W
Bored

Quote:
NOTE: we've merged the world cup groups. The top 4 galaxies from the UK group qualify (from 6), and the top 3 from the 4 Rest of Europe / Rest of World galaxies qualify.
Well, hopefully I am proven wrong.

Last edited by K-W; 23 Jun 2006 at 21:54.
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 22:12   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

sorry
Unread 24 Jun 2006, 00:41   #19
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

While I agree with Germ, its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, and neither decision was going to be accepted by all.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2006, 03:03   #20
Wizard of Aus

Wizard of Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Jerome said, why not just skip straight to finals and have us all in 1 cluster?
Wizard of Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2006, 03:26   #21
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

10 teams in the final is good. I felt that we needed at least 6 so this is the only set up that seems somewhat fair.