User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Which galaxy banner is best?
Banner 1 11 5.12%
Banner 2 17 7.91%
Banner 3 18 8.37%
Banner 4 2 0.93%
Banner 5 19 8.84%
Banner 6 18 8.37%
Banner 7 4 1.86%
Banner 8 34 15.81%
Banner 9 65 30.23%
Banner 10 27 12.56%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25 Aug 2004, 16:20   #1
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Exclamation [ #PA ] Banner galaxies competition vote final - vote now!

Greeting Planetarion Players

After 3 weeks and few days, we are glad to announce at #PA Staff that the banner competition is at its final stage
The judge (biffy, Creature, blixxard and myself) selected the top10 galaxies banner and like we said we are running a poll above in order to let the community to influence on our judgment and let you select the winner of the Galaxies banner competition Round11.

We allready selected the top3 galaxies banner who had the highest comedic values, but we will not publish them until we end the voting.
The voting will take approximately 1 week.

How do you vote?
Simple. you click on this link, where the top10 Galaxies banner are displayed in order from 1 to 10. - http://www.newnations.co.uk/blixxard...rion/top10.php
Check the number of the banner you wish to vote for then go to the poll itself and select it and click "vote"
You can vote only once.

WE also provided you a gallery of all the banners submitted to the Galaxies banner competition.
http://www.newnations.co.uk/blixxard/img/gallery.php

Note that all decision regarding the judges and banners are final and will not be discussed again.
In case you wish to contact me or discuss something regarding the banner competition, i can be found at #PA on netgamers or can be contacted via [email protected]

thanks you and good luck for the top10.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 18:21   #2
CrazyMike

CrazyMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [ #PA ] Banner galaxies competition vote final - vote now!

2 things,

1, my banner is called "Gimp Fish" and not "Final" :P

2, thought the rules were 500 by 250? half the top 10 arnt that size :P

oh and 3, gimp fish is king O_o lol

Mike
CrazyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 18:35   #3
cnc

Exclamation Re: [ #PA ] Banner galaxies competition vote final - vote now!

oh and 3, gimp fish is king O_o lol

---------------------------------------------------------

Agreed.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 18:37   #4
Homer-Jay

Homer-Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm this Crazy guy called Mike is RIGHT!

They did not fit the rules! Why are some of them in Top10? Thats an unfair competition!
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 18:38   #5
YoeY
WoW addict

YoeY is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, there are a lot of wrong sized banners in there.

May the best banner win
YoeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 20:42   #6
JFK-NL
Why me

JFK-NL is an unknown quantity at this point

9 is da bomb
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 20:53   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

heh 8 isn't even the right size.... pfff
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 21:00   #8
Evil_Viper

hey, #9 is not bad, funny with THE ROCK
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 22:36   #9
CrazyMike

3 of em aint the right size :P yet all the ones turned down were the correct size :P

me thinks the #pa guys didnt like the subject matter of some. and chose to break their own rules
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 23:13   #10
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

1. not enough entries were sent to the competition, due to lack of banners, I decided to ignore this specific rule, taking in mind that asking the creators of theses banners to resize it would take only 2 minutes and that not a matter. however other banners who were sent to us with copyright problem were disqualified instantly.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 09:59   #11
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Which is annoying, because the banners with copyright problems are invariably the best looking ones.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 10:05   #12
alch
Retired

the banner with copyright problem are not going to be inserted into the galaxy banner competition as there is no fame in stealing a banner and putting it into a banner competition.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 10:16   #13
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't say you should have, I said it was annoying to see so many shitty banners in the top10. I have seen well very done banners with copyright infringing material (Empress' winning banner from round 3 comes to mind), though.

The good banners are the funny ones. Like the Action Jesus hauling away asteroid banner. There are no sleek, good looking, awe inspiring banners, except number 7.

And don't take this personally, I'm not complaining about the competition or the rules, I'm complaining about the state of the entries.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 10:18   #14
alch
Retired

i am not taking it personally, i just understand your views, if i were going to elmiminate all the invalid entries, i would have to close the voting and give the prizes to all the banners, as half of the banner could have been subject to elmination tbh.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 11:28   #15
syrek

syrek is an unknown quantity at this point

pfff, I vote for my own banner, but "protected species" isn't with the finals

Proud to be TFD in hart, mind and soul
syrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 11:46   #16
CrazyMike

wonder what was wrong with my banner :P surley my little gimp fish had no copyright material on it O_o
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 11:54   #17
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I couldve made a really pretty one.. but Complexity Comedic value and originality was like 75% of the score stuff according to the rules so.. a moving one it is and he doesn't look really bad either so.. I hope I win *cough* 9 *cough
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 12:18   #18
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

#5 #7 & #8 aren`t too bad, i suppose.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:26   #19
Eothain

Eothain is an unknown quantity at this point

Pic 5 isn't too bad indeed
Eothain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 13:53   #20
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMike
wonder what was wrong with my banner :P surley my little gimp fish had no copyright material on it O_o
I concur.
The Gimp Fish belongs to the finals.

What is the use of finals anyway, as there are so few entries?
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 14:48   #21
JFK-NL
Why me

JFK-NL is an unknown quantity at this point

i say 9 is gonna win thats because its just the best
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 15:15   #22
Relisys

Relisys is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally The Rock has come back to Plllllllllaaaaaaneetttttttarion...if ya smelllllllllllll what the terrans are cookin'

BUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

SWARM RULEZ

PSSH...LOL ToF who are they..we could put them out with a cup of water hehe :gollum:
Relisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 16:10   #23
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

To be honest, PA has seen a lot higher quality banners in past rounds - any of Empress's or Hobbierogue4's come to mind....

But congratulations to those that made it thus far, and put in the effort, and to the people that are organising the competition wd etc etc
________
Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:16.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 17:25   #24
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

They all look pretty crap to me. :\
Not that I could have done anything better, but compared to the old days this is just depressing.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 18:49   #25
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

go banner #2 \o/
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:09   #26
CrazyMike

think i still have the odd Empress banner about, used to host em, see if i can dig em out, now they were good O_o
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:53   #27
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I just entered one I did as a quick job, as I saw the competition not getting in (m)any entries
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 22:27   #28
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Is this it?

Of all of these, #7, #6 and #8 are the only ones that would even have a shot against the banners of the early rounds. Even my own alliance banner is pretty bismal... too much of a lego look (if you know what I mean )

Where did all the gfx people go?
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n
Epcylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 22:58   #29
syrek

... ment to edit this one

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 23:02   #30
syrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMike
I feel the same way, I draw that turtle, from shit. And yes I hold grudges. Oh and I want to see the motivation behind the pics.

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 23:22   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Grendel/Dirtball's ones are far better.

I voted for MISTU's.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 02:06   #32
Metis

Metis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say the CrAzYbob banner deserves at least honorable mention, because it reflects the spirit of the game.
Metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 02:45   #33
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis
I'd say the CrAzYbob banner deserves at least honorable mention, because it reflects the spirit of the game.

My work here is done
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 02:53   #34
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Any chance we could get a full-size version of http://www.newnations.co.uk/blixxard...ner_resize.JPG to read the text?
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 04:54   #35
ChaozFear

Aawwww, nobody likes my funny banner? :O) (nr 10)

I must admit I'm shocked myself, that it went through to top 10, guess my comedic value scored some :O)
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 20:19   #36
Frosti

Frosti is an unknown quantity at this point

me: just a pro a$$ (11 years in this $hit)

N8 = safe (i like the copy below, but theres no connection between image and copy)
N5 = cool= must be a winner, not here ofc(why not?)
all others = some ideas, lack of skills
(its my order in the first 10)

Frosti

N1 is very nice, but is invi(n)sible.
Very strong copy with shadet vision = not bad but whole ppl will mis it (just like me)

Last edited by Frosti; 27 Aug 2004 at 20:29.
Frosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 20:26   #37
Alessio
deserves a medal

EDIT: nr 1 is nice but only ppl who make banners themselfs like that kinda banners I think...

Last edited by Alessio; 27 Aug 2004 at 20:34.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 20:41   #38
Frosti

Frosti is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, your right

the creative made for self is nothing but selfish, i like it (i dont insist that is rightly)

even then the good ideas get out to the pub, its realy dont matter will they be liked

its diferent question "wath client pay for"

Last edited by Frosti; 27 Aug 2004 at 23:40.
Frosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 17:01   #39
Fimu
The Stampede

Fimu can only hope to improve

10 is the leetest, congrats...

they are all good banners, congrats #pa team for the initiative _o/
Fimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2004, 22:51   #40
petey85

petey85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
To be honest, PA has seen a lot higher quality banners in past rounds - any of Empress's or Hobbierogue4's come to mind....

But congratulations to those that made it thus far, and put in the effort, and to the people that are organising the competition wd etc etc
~*Fury*~

R3: Dr.KM of Kile's Heal 14:16:20
R4: Kileman of Sifnt not 177:4:2
R5: Teh Fox of Vulpecula 21:7:16
R6: The Abuser of Unconventional Smileys 10:16:4
WC: Axe Murderer of One Tree Hill 1:13:15
R7: La tranquilité of Lac Léman 23:23:11
R8: Ses of Starry Eyed Surprise 7:4:10
There are words for people like this...geek being one of them...many more existing. They're all good, and no-one cares what you did last time (why on earth would they)!

3 rocks! very funny.
petey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 13:32   #41
Crash

Crash is infamous around these parts

I got like... no skills at all, how am I supposed to competite against a dozen of other people who r excellent in making banners? Isnt it a bit unfair?
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 14:04   #42
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't run very fast, and now I can't participate in the Olympics! It's not fair!
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 17:10   #43
Alessio
deserves a medal

haha very sharp.. very good..
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 19:44   #44
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
I got like... no skills at all, how am I supposed to competite against a dozen of other people who r excellent in making banners? Isnt it a bit unfair?
Have you even seen my entry?
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 15:18   #45
Eothain

I believe there should not have been any voting, just a jury selecting the winners, it's more like getting your friends to vote for you in alot of cases I'm afraid
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 15:49   #46
alch
Retired

the competition banner has been designed in a way that both jury and people are voting for the banners, we said that in the first place, we are aware of the consequences, But we thought it would be better, if you wish to discuss the subject, fine, but it wont change anything in this current banner competition.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 15:57   #47
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eothain
I believe there should not have been any voting, just a jury selecting the winners, it's more like getting your friends to vote for you in alot of cases I'm afraid
If you think getting your friends to vote is the way to win then you aren't doing a very good job at it...

Last edited by Alessio; 30 Aug 2004 at 16:09.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 17:41   #48
Eothain

I'm not doing it, but I think it is very likely it has happened, as imho the votes do not reflect the quality of the banners, either graphical or comical. My point was that voting isn't fair, as ppl can just let their alliance vote for them, for example.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 17:51   #49
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for your's Eoth, simply cos it was the best

hooray!

But yeah, the one that won was possibly the worst and did not deserve 3 credits

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 18:07   #50
Alessio
deserves a medal

My banner = funny.. especially for rock members.. and maybe for 1up members 2 ...