User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:45   #1
Zahrim
PA Night Shifts Suck :(

Zahrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I miss ship choices :(

Remember the good old days when you had to choose which research paths to pursue for ships. Sure races add variety, but the game really has far less choices to make now shipwise

It would be far more interesting if you had to research a path for each ship factory class.

eg: I want a light factory that produces EMP units, a medium factory that produces cloaked vessels and a heavy factory that produces subversion ships.

Balance would be a little tougher to conceive, but I'm confident Spinner's 1337 accounting abilities could do it.

This would create a massive number of permutations of ships across the galaxy, especially considering there could be one of 4 ship "themes" to choose for each of your 3 factory classes.
Zahrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 19:57   #2
Redleer
Bored

Redleer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I miss ship choices :(

and then comes some ships what your ships doesn't target if you don't really well look what you do. and all new players doesn't look that far forward when they research etc...
Redleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 20:26   #3
Zahrim
PA Night Shifts Suck :(

Zahrim is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I am also a supporter of all ships firing on the enemy fleet when they don't have any remaining target classes to shoot at

Besides, I didn't say leave the ship stats as they are now so eevryting is totally screwed up, obviously things would need to be rebalanced to prevent major ship battle holes (not like there aren't any of those now anyways )
Zahrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 21:35   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

that seems like a thouroughly good idea IMO.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 00:05   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

gets my vote, although as long as we can get the old fleet scans back

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 01:02   #6
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahrim
Remember the good old days when you had to choose which research paths to pursue for ships. Sure races add variety, but the game really has far less choices to make now shipwise
mmmmmm the classic

would be fun :P

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 09:22   #7
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Interesting idea.

Shame it would be abused in the current game.
eg, build your fleet up of 1 ship type (cloak, subv emp, normal etc), then get your mate to attack with structure killers, and sure as hell likely to loose the factories first. Then get a different set of factories. Means you could have a full fleet type compliment, with 50-ish ship types. sounds messy to me.

Unless you mean to restrict it using a restricted tech tree.