User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Aug 2004, 20:15   #1
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough
Planetarion Leaflet Competition

Hi all

As part of Jolt's efforts to further advertise Planetarion we're wanting to put together a leaflet for the game that will be distributed through a number of different ways to people who might not have heard about the game before in an effort to encourage them to check it out. The sort of thing as you would find handed out at stands when you visit game events (such as ECTS or E3) or find in game boxes advertising future releases from the same company. You can view an example of something that we put in every box of Painkiller that was sold in the UK below:
http://www.painkiller.jolt.co.uk/images/leaflet.jpg

What I'm after from the PA community are some suggestions for a leaflet like the one above, as in what kind of thing / text should be there or, if you have the time, some rough mock-ups of how you think the leaflet should look, including your own graphics if you so wish.

Those of you who would like to have your suggestions considered for the leaflet should mail me - [email protected] - with your efforts. Please note that by submitting any such entries you agree to transfer the copyright of any images or text to us. In return the best 3, as picked by a panel of PA Team, will receive the following prizes:

1st - 10 free credits & selection of games
2nd - 5 free credits
3rd - 2 free credits

Good luck to all who enter, the closing date for entries is Noon on Sunday 15th August.

Last edited by biffy; 10 Aug 2004 at 21:32.
biffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 20:23   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Planetarion Leaflet

So we give you the ideas and do the work and it belongs to you lot right ?

If this is the case, can I suggest that the paper is soft and absorbant ? and if you can put a picture of the PA 'Celeb' of our choice on it that would be sweet, ta.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 20:39   #3
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

galpic competition fair enough.

leaflet competition? we're not girl scouts ffs

but sure ill give it a bash

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 20:45   #4
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
galpic competition fair enough.

leaflet competition? we're not girl scouts ffs

but sure ill give it a bash
In the spirit of this post I suggest we sell Planetarion-brand cookies. I'd like 2 boxes of Terran Coconut and 1 of Zikonian Crisp please.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:09   #5
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

People complain about Jolt not doing anything for the community, they do something, and what do people do? complain.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:21   #6
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Great idea, i am working on photoshop right now to win theses 10 credits to be able to put them in the next event
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:34   #7
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Re: Planetarion Leaflet Competition

Well I think it's a good idea. Another way (and a pretty cheap way at that) for Jolt to get the word out about Planetarion. I think the leaflet should have a "Credit Coupon", something like "1 Free Credit" or "Buy 1 Credit, get a credit for your friend Free" That would hopefully help

And instead of girlscout cookies, we could have a BBQ at these events :P We could have Broadsword Burgers, Dragon Dogs, Pulsar Potato Salad, Clipper Chips, Black Widow Baked beans, and to drink, we could have Beetle Beer and Pegasus Punch. Ok now I'm hungry :/
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:39   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Being a student i have done lots of shitty jobs. One of the things i have occasionally done is flyering. Its great money for the flyerer, but from what i've seen its a complete waste of money for the company that pays for the flyers. Most of them get thrown onto the floor or into a bin within seconds of them being handed out. Admittedly handing them out to a target audience at some kind of geek fest would improve the number of people that take an interest in the flyer but i still think it would be a bit of a waste of resources. An ad campaign in gaming mags (ones that people actually read) would be more expensive but also more fruitful imo.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 21:39   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2k
And instead of girlscout cookies, we could have a BBQ at these events :P We could have Broadsword Burgers, Dragon Dogs, Pulsar Potato Salad, Clipper Chips, Black Widow Baked beans, and to drink, we could have Beetle Beer and Pegasus Punch. Ok now I'm hungry :/
You should go over to RP and see if you can get an invite to their annual BBQ.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 22:30   #10
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

heh too far to go for a bbq :P I would go many miles, but across a whole ocean is a bit much
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 22:44   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

heh, well im not complaining - just mocking the idea - although i am very pleased to see another good step in the right direction

sorry biffy, i was just playing around

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 00:28   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vaio's post made me giggle.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 02:18   #13
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I think it should add a challenge.

basically challenge ppl from another game to come across and win the game, prove ur the best etc.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 09:23   #14
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Its an interesting idea, but i have to say in the except to Xbox games with leaflets for Xbox live, i have never paid attention to a leaflet in the box, unless its obscuring the CD

On the idea of leaflet giving at events of some sort, they are better than shoving them through peoples door, or handing them out to random ppl in the street. Thats about all i can say good about it.

Though i applaud Jolt for trying, i believe we'll need something a little bigger/better than something i wouldn't make a group of Scouts do. Girl Guides maybe....

PS, JC, where is the RP bbq? Which country/area of country?
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 09:28   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

well i think its a great idea, especially as you could like with the pain killer example give a free credit or something to anyone who sends off a voucher.

I try to avoid being given leaflets, but once I have them I tend to skim em, especially if they are about games

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 11:03   #16
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
PS, JC, where is the RP bbq? Which country/area of country?
If you like this sort of thing, give this thread a read. I'm assuming it is held somewhere in England.

(That video clip never gets old )
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 11:13   #17
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

I thought the idea was that we're trying to get MORE people to buy credits etc... not give them away for free cos they got given a leaflet, cut it into pieces and mailed it back to you? Unless some of the revenue from said boxed game/ venue/ event is coming to us in its replacement.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:01   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
I thought the idea was that we're trying to get MORE people to buy credits etc... not give them away for free cos they got given a leaflet, cut it into pieces and mailed it back to you? Unless some of the revenue from said boxed game/ venue/ event is coming to us in its replacement.

i was more thinking that u send them proof that u bought 3 credits and the voucher, and they then added u an extra 1 - so people do sitll have to pay - we just reward them for trying the game. The primary concern at the moment is to get more players with the current number of paid planets we can look to build for the future rather than just scraping by.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:37   #19
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy

Please note that by submitting any such entries you agree to transfer the copyright of any images or text to us.
I have to say I always think thios clause puts people off entrering.

Your asking people to put in alot of hard work to produce something like this yet you demand the copyright ro anything submitted. Why do you need state that anything submitted becomes owned by Jolt, why is it not just the winning entries that your going to use that this is the case. And if you do really need to take the copyright ownership for all entries WHY is there no clause here stating the acceptable use of anything submitted, after all is it right that as things stand now Jolt can use any aspect of anything people submit in other areas of their business thus makinga profit off other peoples work when they submitted it soley to help PA.

Anyway what i'm basiclaly trying to suggest is if you want more people to submit entries, especially the more professional ones perhaps you should losen up the rules a bit. Something like

1) Complete Peices will be property of Jolt
2) All aspects fo winning designs (graphics, text) will become property of Jolt
3) Losing entries may retin copyright ownership to the indivual aspects of their submission (just they may not be used as a whole)
4) All submitted entries will be used soley for the purpose of adevrtising Planetarion. They will not be used ifor any other aspect of Jolts business

I know when I was working on the portal coding back in around round 4 this was the kind of agreement we had with FS. It allowed us to help PA while not signing our sole to the devil and it ensured our work could only be used for specific purposes. It made people alot mor eeager to help
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:48   #20
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course they will need copyright to the material if they are gonna have any commercial use for it.

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:58   #21
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And you will notice I gave them copyright ownership to winning designs, but theres simply no need for Jolt to have ownership of every single graphic submitted especially when theres no rules set down on HOW jolt can use them
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:58   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

/me ponders if he is allowed to enter

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 13:25   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
(That video clip never gets old )
<3
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 13:41   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
And you will notice I gave them copyright ownership to winning designs, but theres simply no need for Jolt to have ownership of every single graphic submitted especially when theres no rules set down on HOW jolt can use them
i'd actually thing theese are pretty normal rules for a marketing related competition - the marketting business is all about getting slave labour out of people - u need to get loads of experiance in rder to get a good job, and the experiance is likely to be unpaid - winning a competition like this and then being able to point out how your work was used would look good on a CV regardless of what product the material is used to market.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 14:12   #25
wakey
Hamster

Yes but lets look at this for a mo

1) Community feels Jolt is already exploiting them
2) Theres not a massive pool of people to draw entries from

So while many are willing to help PA out they arent going to be willing to allow Jolt to potentially 'exploit' their work for other things. And with the limited poor already they need every single entry they can get
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 14:17   #26
SwornEnemy
l33t h4x0r

SwornEnemy is an unknown quantity at this point

How about the redbull approach: Planetarion Promo babes!!?
..and maybe for the girls (and some of the guys ), PA promo dudes?
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 14:31   #27
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Yes but lets look at this for a mo

1) Community feels Jolt is already exploiting them
2) Theres not a massive pool of people to draw entries from

So while many are willing to help PA out they arent going to be willing to allow Jolt to potentially 'exploit' their work for other things. And with the limited poor already they need every single entry they can get

thing is jolt isn't exploiting them as jolt could just do this itself, this is asking the community for input and rewarding them if they want to help. I believe its the same terms as for the deisgn a game advert competition before round 10.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 14:32   #28
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwornEnemy
How about the redbull approach: Planetarion Promo babes!!?
..and maybe for the girls (and some of the guys ), PA promo dudes?
genious - we could even use phots of them to make the skins \o/

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 15:01   #29
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Right... find a couple of really hot chicks and guys who doesnt mind going nude and being painted to look like a Broadsword, Pirate, Defender and Drake, and get them to hand out the leaflets... Then watch all the geeky pervy guys (maybe a few gals too!) run to get the leaflets... and as long as the leaflets promise more of them, they'll sign up!
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 15:05   #30
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Right... find a couple of really hot chicks and guys who doesnt mind going nude and being painted to look like a Broadsword, Pirate, Defender and Drake, and get them to hand out the leaflets... Then watch all the geeky pervy guys (maybe a few gals too!) run to get the leaflets... and as long as the leaflets promise more of them, they'll sign up!
lol, i'm sold, where can i find this sexy game

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 15:22   #31
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

*considers a career in marketing
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 16:17   #32
SwornEnemy
l33t h4x0r

I got a few slogans to go with them too

guys:
"Wanna see my battleship, baby?"

girls:
"You wanna grab my roids, don't u, big boy?"
"I wanna see your ****, next tick"

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 16:21   #33
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwornEnemy
I got a few slogans to go with them too

guys:
"Wanna see my battleship, baby?"

girls:
"You wanna grab my roids, don't u, big boy?"
"I wanna see your ****, next tick"

/me points out that the game is also for young people

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 11 Aug 2004, 16:23   #34
SwornEnemy
l33t h4x0r

Crap, you're right.
One tends to forget that when thinking of hot chicks

ps: damned Kal, are you constantly refreshing this or what?
pss: too bad, I got a few new good ones
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 18:38   #35
zenster

Being a person who is running my own buisness, I have found that leaflet's(flyer's) only work if you are giving something away for free. I have found the advertising in mag's which are relavent to the buisness you are trying to attract.

So putting the winner in a mag will help.

I will try to meet your challange.

Zenster
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 01:01   #36
Dory

Dory is an unknown quantity at this point

i think this competition is a really good idea

ofc jolt have to have copyright.....but its not really important to us is it?> its the credits that count...the competition is just a bit of fun

flyers are a good idea if they are being distributed in a games thingy - ppl are more likely to take notice. i take it they wud also be sent to game shops such as game etc for them to distribute to their interested customers?

however putting a copy of the flyer as an ad in magazines is also a good idea....it will reach a larger audience of people interested in things such as pa than just the ones who go to the conventions.

now...about the competition itself.....do u lose marks if u dont submit a copy of ur flyer complete with graphics and everything? coz i aint too sure how to use programs such as photoshop :s

however if sum kind soul wud like to explain to me who to use them i wud be more than greatful to accept their advice be it via pm in this or irc

*smiles sweetly*

anyhoo good luck to all competitors :P
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 01:52   #37
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

If you don't want to use graphics just put a shape somewhere saying "ship here" or something. It's more the general layout and text we are after.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 22:24   #38
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
So we give you the ideas and do the work and it belongs to you lot right ?

If this is the case, can I suggest that the paper is soft and absorbant ? and if you can put a picture of the PA 'Celeb' of our choice on it that would be sweet, ta.

~Vaio~

Sigh i missed Pa

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 08:46   #39
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

great idea, any way to get the word out about planetarion helps. And yes, most of the time people dont pay any attention to flyers, spam, commercials, billboards, banner ads, and the whole lot of advertising. The whole point of advertising is to get it out to a large enough audience so that the 1% who do take an interest will actually try the game. And then if your product is good enough it will start to sell based on word of mouth. Whether planetarion is still good enough to get to the stage where it travels on word of mouth I have yet to decide. For those in the game, it is definitely worth the money, with the sharp learning curve and inability to do well without a top notch alliance it is up for grabs.

But we will never know until we get our feet wet and start getting a larger number of new players into the game.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 09:14   #40
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

he front page has to be "What will you conquer today?" and then follow that up with some hot babes at a i event and lots of beer guzzling nympho men.

I would sign up for that
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 10:15   #41
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
he front page has to be "What will you conquer today?" and then follow that up with some hot babes at a i event and lots of beer guzzling nympho men.

I would sign up for that

doesn't it need some thongs to attract u rummeh?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:34   #42
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
doesn't it need some thongs to attract u rummeh?
Nah

I provide the th0ngs as one of the beer guzzling nympho's
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 01:15   #43
impkilla
SU's PR officer

impkilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sigh i missed Pa
Missed ? I still mis PA The old Pa The T-shirt selling to get around PA
The Free PA The LAggy PA ow wait i love the non laggyness of the new one
impkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 18:09   #44
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

How about hot chicks with nice skirts and black and tight T-shirts with PA ads written in them handing out these flyers in events related to gaming etc.?

we all know 14-year-old boys with big eyeglasses are going wild about hot girls.

also, i think having ads in gaming and PC magazines is a REALLY good idea. maybe in some mags that are related to music, fashion, trends, extreme sports too?

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 18:15   #45
Hesekiel
No more, No less.

Hesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura aboutHesekiel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
/me points out that the game is also for young people

how young exactly? i dont think any 9-year-old kid can really play this game, at least if he's not from an english-speaking country.

i dunno about the rest of the countries, but in finland i couldnt imagine a kid who did not like dirty jokes. :P dirty jokes is the thing! they really dont think anything apart from tits and women. :P

Genesis-2
Hesekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 22:49   #46
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

not only in finland hesek

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 06:42   #47
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here Chimpie