User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:12   #1
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough
Galaxy size

Was it such a good idea to swop from a limited gal size to the present system of unlimited?
I remember well the arguments for a floating limit, and i think the main reason was so that new playas had a chance of "joining" the game with out being religated to a gal of no hopers before ne1 gave em a chance.

IMO it has had the opposit effect, with a limited gal size ppl tried a lot harder to get a new person in thier gal to be active and take part in the game.

What happens now is far toooooooo many support and free planets are happy to surf the univ getting kicked from gal to gal and passing intel or calling in strikes.

The ballance between ally and gal is hard to keep, but both help a good player, unfortunatly i think gal play atm does not encourage new players because tooo few ppl are prepared to give a guy a chance or even trust he's not a spy/support and im sure 70% of exiles still happen as soon as ppl are able

Can we PLZ have a gal limit of 10 - 12 back plz
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:17   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Galaxy size

i think galaxy size needs to be redused dramatically. A starting galaxy with 6 planets and maybe a maximum in around 15 people or even less. So yes, galaxy size really needs to be done something with.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 01:03   #3
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
i think galaxy size needs to be redused dramatically. A starting galaxy with 6 planets and maybe a maximum in around 15 people or even less. So yes, galaxy size really needs to be done something with.

10 would be best
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 00:50   #4
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I agree. Now you keep getting utter crap getting rexiled into your galaxy and the bad galaxies are still around aswell, I exiled into multiple of those, I'm even stuck in one myself now. Which ended my round
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 01:56   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Fixed size galaxies should go back in the game, I'd say a maximum of 10 players.

The round could start off with 9 planets in a galaxy, once all galaxies are filled up to 95% average then a new one can be created. Considering that exiles as well as new accounts will go into the new galaxies, there should be a decent mix of self exilers, exiled planets and new accounts.

The galaxy won't have a buddypack, but at least it won't be full of new planets.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 01:19   #6
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

new gals half way through are never any good because the quality players will in 99.9% of cases start at the beginning of the round. I would prefer lowering the initial gal size to reduce the final size. Based on this round where we started with around 10 members and gained up to our current 17/18 I would think an initial size of 6 would be best. This with buddy packs of 4 and 2 randoms or 3 and 3 randoms would then create interesting and balanced gals with less pesky ingal defence, more attacking, more fun, and more attention to improving the new players which hopefully would mean an increasing player base.

Any thoughts?
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 01:22   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Not really, cept for that I agree with everyone in this thread.

Reducing galaxyies really needs to happen.
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 01:28   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
new gals half way through are never any good because the quality players will in 99.9% of cases start at the beginning of the round. I would prefer lowering the initial gal size to reduce the final size. Based on this round where we started with around 10 members and gained up to our current 17/18 I would think an initial size of 6 would be best. This with buddy packs of 4 and 2 randoms or 3 and 3 randoms would then create interesting and balanced gals with less pesky ingal defence, more attacking, more fun, and more attention to improving the new players which hopefully would mean an increasing player base.

Any thoughts?
You can't control the number of randoms, nor the number of galaxies (unless you change the size or # of BPs in a galaxy), thus you can't control the initial galaxy size.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote