User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Feb 2007, 19:45   #1
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
War heroics

After taking part in a battle there is a chance that your fleet commander could be given a temporary "Hero" status. For the next launch it will increase armor or damage by anywhere between 3 and 6% (numbers are of course debatable.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 20:57   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: War heroics

Would it be compoundable, or simply last for one launch?

What if you recalled the fleet, would it apply then to the next attack?

It's an interesting idea, and I think something like this has been discussed before...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 22:16   #3
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it, I'd say it counts for the next battle that fleet is in. Not sure what you mean by compoundable, though.

Notable abuse: Keeping 3 ships home, one in each fleet. Perhaps the value of the fleet can be a factor used to calculate the bonus, or the chance of the bonus occuring after battle - possibly:

Chance to gain hero status = value in fleet / total value of ships

Biggest pro: It may lead to more battles which can only be good.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 03:37   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Heroes last forever, what you describe looks more like a boost in moral. But the idea is good
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 12:41   #5
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Would make bcalcs a nightmare.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 13:18   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Is it a bad thing for bcalcing to get harder and combats to become less predictable?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 13:21   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I'd have to bring back my former alliance from the dead to play off the name, and we don't really want that do we.
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 13:43   #8
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Heroes last forever, what you describe looks more like a boost in moral. But the idea is good
Fleet commanders retire didn't you know

Unread 25 Feb 2007, 13:44   #9
The Real Arfy

Oh and as with all my suggestions, can a member of PaTeam please respond with the feasibility of implementing this as soon as possible?

Unread 25 Feb 2007, 14:08   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Whilst i'm not PA team, i can say that this kind of idea has been brought up before. It would be good if it could happen, but as to its feasbility, that depends entirely on how you intend to implement it, what kinds of bonuses and etc.

At this stage, i would say that your proposal is just at the initial stage, and as such to comment on its feasability would be a bit difficult. Whilst i might be wrong, as it is up to PA team, its unsual to get a definative yes in less than a day.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 15:23   #11
The Real Arfy

Obviously alot more ideas have to go into this before its final. That's a given. The reason I'm asking for some kind of "Yes this is a nice idea, I will now open a proper discussion for it so we can begin right away" or a "Sorry, this will not be happening" is because I don't want 20 posts of how to improve the initial idea and for Kal to come along with "I like this idea" and nothing else happens.