User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 27 May 2006, 12:50   #1
Audacious

Audacious is an unknown quantity at this point
Complete Overhaul of Pa

Ok this is my 1st post on the forum, and I bet it gets shot down by everyone here. But in my mind it would be a good way forward. Its simple really. For what 7 or 8 rounds this game has been alliance based. The same old people up the top, the same old people trying to get up there. But does it change? No

We get new players in (sometimes) and what happens to them? If they are good, they get picked up by the top 5 alliances and they stay strong. If they are bad, then they get bashed and they leave. Whats the main problem with Pa at the moment? People leaving, everyone says we want more players, we want more targets, we want more roids before it stagnates.

Ok my idea is very simple, get rid of alliances. Yup i am a HC of one, yeah its good fun to organise attacks/defence etc but this can be done at a galaxy level. My suggestion is this, remove alliances from the game, completely full stop, they do no exist anymore. No alliance def bonus, no ally fund, no HC, no BC, no DC. no alliances.

I hear you saying but but but the alliances are the heart and soul of the game, yes they WERE, look at the diminishing player base, ask yourself why that is, its because new people cannot get involved.

You saying but the biggest gals will just become strongholds, and they will run away with it. Fine, put restrictions on how many players they can have, Everyone started with 10 planets (I think) in each galaxy. Lets work with that, lets say the top 25 planets cannot get any bigger than that, if you drop out of the top 25 then an exiler "might" be able to land in the top galaxy.

So let everyone have their private galaxies, 10 men/women to it. People will say but 1up/Insomnia/Angels will still have the biggest galaxies. Urgh see my point above, Alliances don't exist. that doesnt matter, its all about the galaxy. If you were in the #2 Galaxy and 10 of your old "Alliance" mates were in #1 would you say nah we will leave them alone. would you b*llocks, you would be saying lets hit them and get to the top. Instead of playing with your friends, you would be playing against them as well. Look at football on the schoolfields, which is more enjoyable, nutmegging someone you dont know, or your mate who you can take the mickey out of for the rest of the week.

Any argument you can come up with, just remember, there is no Alliance, and see how much more fun this game could be
Audacious is offline   Reply With Quote