User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:21   #1
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
[Approved] Speedgame Suggestion

While reading some threads about cheaters I remembered Yeh_of_Arcanum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeh_of_Arcanum
Politics > Numbers > Skill
This seems to be true in real rounds. I was wondering if we could have a speedgame with no alliances? this would certainly make the game more skill - based and not based on who you know like it is atm.

Discuss
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:39   #2
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Speedgame Suggestion

what's that you say a gal / cluster based speed round?

aces!

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:23   #3
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Nobody going to reply?
I also thought of this cos I was doing pretty well in a speedgame (ranked 2nd) and then got raped pretty badly. I couldn't get any def as ally only had 17 members playing . When I tried to retal the attacker he got a lot of def meaning that I couldnt retal.

If this happened in real round I would leave my ally but it was only a speedgame so no point in leaving.

Rinoa
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:42   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

you mean a galaxy based round like what I posted here:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=185009 ?
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:48   #5
_Kila_
break it down!

not really with ther golden roid. Make it a normal speedgame but without alliances as they kinda mess the speedgames up seeing as some alliances have very few people playing and others have over 50 people playing
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:54   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

tbh some alliances/ friends merge under 1 alliance for the duration of the speedgame, and other alliances are far more active in the speedgame than at other times.

If you set it out to be galaxy vs galaxy (i.e. no alliances), there'll still be politics (including alliance politics), and you'll have to disable exile or people will exile until they're in galaxies with their friends. Private galaxies would be even worse, as they'd block together.
This is why you need something that *has* to set galaxies against each other as much as possible.
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:56   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

Random galaxies and something to stop exile abuse would be good. Kal was talking about changing the exiling system anyway
Unread 19 May 2005, 19:06   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

I don't think the number of people who would play a galaxy based speedround with random galaxies and limited ways of exiling others is going to be testing the server limits, really.
Unread 19 May 2005, 19:11   #9
_Kila_
break it down!

Well all speedgames have been random galaxies. I don't think it would be too bad with private galaxies and same exiling thing. buddy pack of 3 may mean alliances buddy pack but who cares? they end up in a gal with another buddy pack and some randoms... gals may try to block together but that would be too much hassle to sort in a speedgame
Unread 19 May 2005, 19:40   #10
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Kila i see you still havent forgiven me for the trouncing i gave u yet
its only been what like 4 MONTHS
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 19 May 2005, 19:49   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

it was the 1st time I actually did well... I will get my revenge.... Grrrrr
Unread 19 May 2005, 19:57   #12
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Oh and on a side not it was probably Apoccomaster defending me
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 19 May 2005, 21:18   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

LOL oh that speedround? that was cool we did ok.
Unread 20 May 2005, 23:59   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

It was cool for you as you were actually defended by your gal. I was alone in my gal with a bunch of inactives and had nobody to defend me when Rinoa sent 5 or so waves at me.

/me will have his revenge!
Unread 23 May 2005, 14:31   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

disabling alliances is certainly something we could do easily enough for a speedgame if we wanted to and it might make for a fun round at some point.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread