User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2005, 13:47   #51
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How would you catch this? (attn: xontas)

You know what I think its taking the piss a bit actually the amount of shit we go through to catch cheats and that and make others lose out on things coz of the mental restrictions they are applied to a game that no one actually Wins anything half decent :/ yes we win a credit wahoo I just spent a credit trying to get to number 1.
Its like going to a betting shop and betting a £1 to win a £1.
You would think we where battling for the winning lottery ticket ffs.

Edit: sorry PA team this aint aimed at you but it winds me up when ppl cheat to win a free credit etc... from a credit and then things have to happen to stop us from all playing fairly.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 16:03   #52
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Anyone with half a brain who wants to cheat will always get round you. The only thing that this and similar systems do is alienate casual players who happen to play from the same connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
well, the 400 accounts we closed last round disagree with you!

those where proven cheats that we did catch, and not all by ip
You only proved 'beyond reasonable doubt' 400 people that did not matter much broke rules. Two of which ive known and played with/talked to at the same time for a long time.

The point Hicks was making is that is it EASY to get round you to cheat and its impossible for you to prove it. Only amazingly lazy/stupid people actually get caught as they cannot be bothered to or dont know how to do it properly. You are making a big deal about those 400, as thats all you can find, the people that do not matter.

Your attention should be on those you cannot ever prove and finding a way to stop them, not hastling/making systems for the families/work/school mates that play together. Which is more damaging to the game than its benefit.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 16:36   #53
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

noah, last round you didn't dare do anything (I was thinking of you with this example). I remember when you brought nutkins into 1up, (think I had a vouch in there somewhere myself), and you were like "i can't send there if she is". Now you can *could* have, and not be feared of being reprimanded for it.

but then people didn't understand the system and set the restrictions WAY too tight and it's your own god damned fault etc (not your's personally )

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2005, 17:58   #54
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
noah, last round you didn't dare do anything (I was thinking of you with this example). I remember when you brought nutkins into 1up, (think I had a vouch in there somewhere myself), and you were like "i can't send there if she is". Now you can *could* have, and not be feared of being reprimanded for it.

but then people didn't understand the system and set the restrictions WAY too tight and it's your own god damned fault etc (not your's personally )
I know but at least when she was out the galaxy and was home etc... I could attack that galaxy then but under the new rules from all these ramblings i am reading i wont be able to attack it for a week without getting warnings etc...

Unread 22 Jul 2005, 21:13   #55
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

trying to stop cheats basically levels the playing field. since a cheater could beat the system if he tried hard enough, why not just save PA's time and resources and not MH. Of course im living in a dreamworld here, but there are many similar things where letting people have the choice is best (p2p etc for example).
Unread 24 Jul 2005, 12:53   #56
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I know but at least when she was out the galaxy and was home etc... I could attack that galaxy then but under the new rules from all these ramblings i am reading i wont be able to attack it for a week without getting warnings etc...
no that's the good bit.

you just won't be able to do it. By having the exception your account physically won't let you interact. you will never be deleted as multis because the game won't let you.

which is why i don't understand all the fuss. this is a good thing, if people only understood it properly. All it is doing is removing certain obvious false positives from the system and allowing people to play together from the same connection without fear of reprisals. Or it would have if you people hadn't got it so backwards and put the settings at utlra anul.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 10:37   #57
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well I can happily say that I read everyone arguments and it has been interesting.

However I must agree with the majority that the restrictions limit players playing from the same location. As to only legit players get closed, that is poo Xontas, I am sorry. The round before you became a MH (R11ish) I was closed for helping my flatmate learn how to play the game. We obviosuly shared a net connection through a router etc as we were students, before long we got some others involved. We were all shut down for being multi's. We obviously appealed and asked why? The response was, you are a cheater and we have the proof? I asked for this proof and was told something along the lines of "just admit you are a cheater".

Point is these ineractions eventually pissed my housemates off to the point they didn't come back, and quite right too! I would hope that a few rounds on, customer service has improved and the judge dredd "I am the law! attitude is gone.

BUT... these new exceptions despite perhaps intended to help players will achieve there purpose of allowing players to play from the same ip etc (so ppl like my housemates won't be deleted). However the detrimental effects of this are a lot worse as explained before. By limiting the players ability to help friends and family and introduce new players to the game will only harm the potential of gaining new players.

I personally feel that as cheats will always beat the system (the same way that armour is developed to prevent the new type of gun) multi-ing should be allowed.

The game needs more planets regardless of how many players and I hope that Xontas (and others) can return to playing and remove the entire multi hunter position completely.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:24   #58
PrinceLoneStar

PrinceLoneStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: How would you catch this? (attn: xontas)

Am I missing something here...

why would anyone want to go to such a length to cheat.

I assume to become the eventual number 1 planet?

So you are going to have multiple registered accounts? To win the end prize of 1 credit???!
Is this some kind of backward retarded lottery system?

Just my view point. Its just a game. A damn good game; though If you can't do well by just "playing" it for fun, why are you bothering. It seems it is becoming less about enjoyment and more about must win and taking over alot of someones spare time to do such things as cheating.

PrinceLoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:28   #59
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Coz they are 14 and have a very small penis?

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:38   #60
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceLoneStar
Am I missing something here...

why would anyone want to go to such a length to cheat.

I assume to become the eventual number 1 planet?

So you are going to have multiple registered accounts? To win the end prize of 1 credit???!
Is this some kind of backward retarded lottery system?

Just my view point. Its just a game. A damn good game; though If you can't do well by just "playing" it for fun, why are you bothering. It seems it is becoming less about enjoyment and more about must win and taking over alot of someones spare time to do such things as cheating.

Trust us there are stupid idiots out there who cheat for that 1 free credit just because they can do it and to get away with doing it gives them a good sense of winning something.
Its like saying murder achives nothing, no it doesnt but the person who does it thinks it does.

so all in all humans are fooked up.

Unread 25 Jul 2005, 13:32   #61
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
Well I can happily say that I read everyone arguments and it has been interesting.

However I must agree with the majority that the restrictions limit players playing from the same location. As to only legit players get closed, that is poo Xontas, I am sorry. The round before you became a MH (R11ish) I was closed for helping my flatmate learn how to play the game. We obviosuly shared a net connection through a router etc as we were students, before long we got some others involved. We were all shut down for being multi's. We obviously appealed and asked why? The response was, you are a cheater and we have the proof? I asked for this proof and was told something along the lines of "just admit you are a cheater".

Point is these ineractions eventually pissed my housemates off to the point they didn't come back, and quite right too! I would hope that a few rounds on, customer service has improved and the judge dredd "I am the law! attitude is gone.

BUT... these new exceptions despite perhaps intended to help players will achieve there purpose of allowing players to play from the same ip etc (so ppl like my housemates won't be deleted). However the detrimental effects of this are a lot worse as explained before. By limiting the players ability to help friends and family and introduce new players to the game will only harm the potential of gaining new players.

I personally feel that as cheats will always beat the system (the same way that armour is developed to prevent the new type of gun) multi-ing should be allowed.

The game needs more planets regardless of how many players and I hope that Xontas (and others) can return to playing and remove the entire multi hunter position completely.
small question on that

why do you need to attack with him to learn him the game?
thats multi behavour and reson for closure

closing someone just because they log in from the same location but dont interact is not done!

yes the rules are harsh and we do have a police/judge/jury situation when it comes to MH
they do act as police/jude/jury but if you dont agree you can always mail me for a second opinion

the system you dont like is there to make it possible to interact in a limited way from the same location and simply prefents you lauching is the behavour is not alowed
it doesnt close
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 14:57   #62
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Quote:
why do you need to attack with him to learn him the game?
I didnt attack with him, interact etc we just shared a connection. So don't just make assumptions.

We never did find out why we were closed and no evidence was given either. It was a long time ago now and no doubt you got some tools and someone with half a brain cell to use them now rather htan the arrogant brick wall I was dealing with. Approximately 3 days later I had my account returned without even an apology. My friends all understandably quit as they didn't see the point of a game that didnt allow friends to help eachother.

The new system is in danger of that. Yes its great you no longer get closed, but by reducing a players ability to be able to truly babysit his noob mate is perhaps not the way to go.