User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 1 Sep 2006, 12:00   #1
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Resolution Woes

Recently, i've been having trouble with my desktop appearing black after exiting (two specific) games that i run at a lower resolution (1024x768) than my desktop (1152x854).

I played Rome:TW for the last few weeks without any problems whatsoever, then i installed Morrowind and it's expansions and had no problems with that. The first time i played Rome after the installation of Morrowind it loads up fine and plays fine, then i quit and the monitor changes resolution back, the cursor appears but the screen stays black. I can move the cursor, and (apparently) can click everything on the desktop and open the start menu etc. i just can't see any of that, and have to shutdown or hit stand-by/wake up to get my desktop back on screen.

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem may be and how i can go about fixing it?

Ta in advance.

(FX5500, XPProSP2, DX9.0c.)
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 12:40   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Resolution Woes

Sounds like there is a problem in the graphics system somewhere. I'm going to go with the standard "have you got the latest Forceware drivers" before anything else.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 21:22   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Resolution Woes

91.47 came out today, so i'll give them a blast. :)

edit: updated the drivers, seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited by Apothos; 1 Sep 2006 at 23:52.
Apothos is offline   Reply With Quote