User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Oct 2003, 22:17   #1
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Chicken Ring

Bring your chickens here! Buy them, sell them, get eggs from them, battle them! A partner of random cheese enterprises, the chicken ring is the arena of tomorrow (unless the health and safety inspector comes along).

Everybody starts with one chicken. You may decorate and groom it however you like. A battle goes like this: Two chickens are put in the ring. Whichever looks most scarily at the other in a three minute period wins. Squawking may or may not be allowed, depending on the competition.

You win 100 BoC (Bits of Cheese) for every round you win, and 10 BoC if you take part for the entire round but do not win. A draw/tie is 30 BoC each.

You begin with: One chicken. 50 Bits of Cheese. Whatever else you might happen to have on you at the time.

Price List: (BoC)
Chicken - 500
Egg - 150
Yoghurt pot - 10
Pen - 20
Sticky Tape - 25 per roll
Glitter - 10
Filter/Tracing Paper - 5 per A4 piece
Paper - 10 per A4 piece
Card - 15 per A4 piece
Cardboard - 25 per A4 piece
Plastic of any colour - 30 per A4-sized piece
Chicken feed - 5 per handful
Paper Scissors - 30
Paint and Paintbrushes - 30
Rubber gloves (capable of being blown up like a balloon) - 50 (pair)
Glue stick - 20
Rubber bands - 20 (per pack of 10)
Balloons/Water-bombs - 30 for two
Aluminium Foil - 10 per sheet or 75 per roll (a roll is much more than seven sheets)
Other items...please ask

Last edited by David91; 18 Oct 2003 at 10:33. Reason: Update
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 15:59   #2
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chicken Ring

Im going to give very few warnings on this matter but due to your abusive use of terms, as well as the fact this is a multiage forum I have herby deleted the replies. If one has no like for a theread then simple leave it be in this case, since I see no reason to delete the thread that as of yet has broken no rules in itself.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:12   #3
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

besides, it's an original idea. We should welcome it.

might not be exactly the thing we're used too, but it sounds like insane fun too me. insanity is a bonus, fun is also nice, so what the heck?

gimme paper scissors, a paper and a pot of yogurth

*fiercly starts cutting the paper, making a round hole in the middle of it, just big enough for the chicken's neck, then makes a few more cuts at the sides, folding pikes, giving the chicken a piked collar.*

*proceeds to eat the yogurth*

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 17:59   #4
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: Where's the paint eh? You can't decorate fluffie animals without paint...

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:11   #5
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack jumps in and looks menacingly at his chicken, which promptly turns and runs*

*flapjack goes to find his chicken*

who got me this coward ?

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:05   #6
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

I thought we were trying to strive for more good RP promoting threads not another pointless thread. Don't we have enough of these already.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:11   #7
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

We don't have enough threads or threadmakers at the moment for elitism to work. But then rampantly encouraging crap threads isn't the answer either.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:23   #8
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
dragonsjem: we were striving for different things. each has his own goals. you prefer good RP promoting threads, well, if you go about like you do now, not giving threads a chance just because at first they appear silly, then your goal will never be met. I strive for fun. to me, fun can come from many sides, hence I join anything that at seems slightly interesting, be it good clean fun and insanity, or a serious and deep roleplay. insanity can however be combined with good roleplay. it doesn't always have to be a Dungeons and Dragons clone, or a spacewar thread, or whateeeeveuuur!

what I'm trying to say is, if you don't like this thread, ignore it, like so many do with so many threads, but if it doesn't break forum rules, it can be classified as Roleplay, and there are people enjoying it, let it be, plz

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 20:02   #9
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

*Looks at thread, hates thread, leaves thread.*
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 20:37   #10
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack catches his chicken and starts trying to teach it to be brave, with little success at first*

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 06:54   #11
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*sigh*

not enjoying it yet tough... just giving it a chance

Unread 17 Oct 2003, 01:03   #12
Verric
Idiot

Verric is an unknown quantity at this point

(Im in this because im a silly little boy, i like chickens and i eat chicken and corn rolls at reccess because they're only a $1. Btw, is the money edible, ho ho?)

Verric's chicken starts off as brown and fat. He decides not to decorate it just yet, until he finds a way to purchase a chicken-sized "horns-n-pitchfork" set.
Verric likes his chicken, in many senses, but because he doeasn't want to offend his chicken (named Ethel), he cuddles it and tells it to lay fertiliser for his cacti. If it does, he'll make it doesn't become somebody's chicken-tonite. It sounds like a pretty good deal.
Verric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 16:24   #13
David91

Anybody who has finished decorating their chicken or hasn't but has run out of money anyway please enter your chicken. (You can name it and you get a free nametag, which you don't necessarily have to hang around your/your chicken's neck, or write your/its name on.)

Whenever you spend/earn money, please post your amount of money remaining at the end of your post.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 16:51   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack names his chicken courage, in reference to a certain cowardly dog on tv*

go, into that ring, look menacing at other chickens and don't get scared, if you do that i won't eat you tonight

*flapjack readies the table*

Unread 18 Oct 2003, 01:42   #15
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

*Wo2 wanders up to Item stand*

Do you have any tin foil? i'f you do i'll take a roll.
Along with some glitter, a water ballon and 1 hand full of feed.
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 10:36   #16
David91

Foil is now on the list.

flapjack: You are faced with a particularly evil looking chicken named Fred, who has angry eyebrows penned above his eyes. He also has a blown up red rubber glove on his head. It doesn't actually look scarily at you. It just looks around, its eyebrows giving an illusion of scariness.
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 19:38   #17
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

*Wo2 looks at theprice and decieds to buy 2 sheets and some sparkles. He then wraps the foil around his chicken and puts sparkles on foil. When the foil and sparkles don't stick wo2 also buys some glue and pastes them on. When he finishs he has a very reflective chicken. When the sun gets just right it focus's the light right into other chickens eyes.*

Yes... Perfect. I'll call you Solaris.
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 02:50   #18
Verric
Idiot

Verric is an unknown quantity at this point

Verric would like to purchase glue (20 ho ho ho gone ho ho). With it, he would also like to attach cacti spikes to his chicken. Verric deperately hopes the glue will not fail him, as it is an integral part of his Grand Plan for Chicken Ring Domination, also called GPCRD, for short. Of course, anything with that kind of silly name is bound to fail, but Verric prefers to learn all of life's lessons the hard way/.
Verric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 10:24   #19
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack yells at his chicken to looks scary, upon which it charges towards its opponent and starts making loud noises right in front of it while staring the opponent in the eye*

Unread 29 Oct 2003, 20:38   #20
Wo2
The Janitor!

*Wo2 wanders about, with a very shiny chiken under his wing, looking for a arena*

Come on Solaris, you can look more intemidating then that...