User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:13   #1
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point
American Football StartsTonight.

As if you European fags care .....

Tonight starts the American football season with a college game between the University of Southern California and Virginia Tech. Its on ESPN....

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:20   #2
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: American Football StartsTonight.

College game?

Pffft.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:21   #3
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i picked my nose tonight.

sadly its not on ESPN, it was rather a big bogey

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:27   #4
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
i picked my nose tonight.

sadly its not on ESPN, it was rather a big bogey
Well hopefully I will see it on Sports Center in the morning.... perhaps it will be a web gem.....

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:28   #5
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
College game?

Pffft.
I actually prefer college football to pro-football these days. I find that the play is alot less structured and more entertaining. Each team has there unique strategies, ie Nebraska with the option and Florida with their passing game.

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:39   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'football' is one of the most boring sports ive ever watched. apart from baseball which is even worse.

im not basing this on 'oh its american it must be crap'. I genuinely wanted to enjoy watching it. It wouldve made staying in the states for long periods of time more enjoyable and also given me something to talk about with american friends.

However no matter how much i watch or how interested i try and get it still eludes me as to what is so damn intersting

if there wasnt the hype.
if there wernt the pretty cheerleaders and hosts on espn etc etc then american football would infact be a very slow and very boring game to watch.

It doesnt flow at all. Its all stop and start.

Basketball is good and so is ice hockey but those are the only two 'american' sports that seem to be decent tbh.

Football sucks monkey balls :-(
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:46   #7
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
'football' is one of the most boring sports ive ever watched. apart from baseball which is even worse.

im not basing this on 'oh its american it must be crap'. I genuinely wanted to enjoy watching it. It wouldve made staying in the states for long periods of time more enjoyable and also given me something to talk about with american friends.

However no matter how much i watch or how interested i try and get it still eludes me as to what is so damn intersting

if there wasnt the hype.
if there wernt the pretty cheerleaders and hosts on espn etc etc then american football would infact be a very slow and very boring game to watch.

It doesnt flow at all. Its all stop and start.

Basketball is good and so is ice hockey but those are the only two 'american' sports that seem to be decent tbh.

Football sucks monkey balls :-(
Well to each his own and while I know I can't change your mind here are just a few of the reasons why I like it.

It is the very essence of a team sport with every player having to contribute on every set play.
It is a very physical game with monstrous hits.
I actually like the start and stop nature of it as it hightens the suspense on important plays.
The strategies employed are more important than in other continuous playing sports.

I do agree that baseball is boring... although at times baseball can be entertaining as well....

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:52   #8
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when a sport has to put 'CHEER' and 'CLAP' on a giant 100ft screen to get the audience to do said things its a sad day for that sport.

Ive watched baseball live. an orioles game in baltimore. 44,000 people showed up not realyl filling the stadium. Most went just to talk with their mates. Few paid attention to the most boring sport ive ever watched. Cant really blame them tho.

Rugby is alot like football except theres :

No stop and go.
No Pads
Everyone counts like in football.
Bonecrunching tackles.
Big sweaty men all huddled and slapping eachother on the buttocks.

Its like american football but faster and more fluid.
Its also great to watch.

(especially the slapping of the buttocks part PHWOAR)
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:53   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like American Football a lot, but College gridiron? Not even remotely interested.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:57   #10
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Agree with Jammy Jim, American Football is rugby with too much padding.
Baseball is basically rounders and is stop-start like American footy. Ive tried getting into these sports but I cant. They just bore me.
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:58   #11
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
when a sport has to put 'CHEER' and 'CLAP' on a giant 100ft screen to get the audience to do said things its a sad day for that sport.

Ive watched baseball live. an orioles game in baltimore. 44,000 people showed up not realyl filling the stadium. Most went just to talk with their mates. Few paid attention to the most boring sport ive ever watched. Cant really blame them tho.

Rugby is alot like football except theres :

No stop and go.
No Pads
Everyone counts like in football.
Bonecrunching tackles.
Big sweaty men all huddled and slapping eachother on the buttocks.

Its like american football but faster and more fluid.
Its also great to watch.

(especially the slapping of the buttocks part PHWOAR)
CLAP and CHEER? At a football game?
I've never seen that if that is what you are refering too....

But yes I agree baseball is boring and if you are at teh game there is not much to do but drink and check out girls...

I suppose I would enjoy rugby as well, but since i am from America and have grown up watching American football I suppose I am just used to it. The stop and start factor doesn't really even phase me as it is all i have ever known. Football that is not start and stop (rugby) would just seem odd.

Now, I met a couple of Irish girls in Las Vegas a couple of months ago and they said that they play gaelic (sp?) football over there. Is that like rugby?

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:59   #12
JammyJim
Godfather

it was at a baseball game. (the clap and cheering.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:01   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

gaelic football is weird.

ive watched it and after 30minutes still not understood fully what in the hell is going on
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:01   #14
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
Agree with Jammy Jim, American Football is rugby with too much padding.
Baseball is basically rounders and is stop-start like American footy. Ive tried getting into these sports but I cant. They just bore me.
Well the reason for the padding is that the ppl playing football are much bigger and stronger than those that play rugby. Even in college football it is not uncmmon for your offensive line to average about 6'5" weigh about 325 lbs. and easily be able to bench over 450 lbs. If somebody like that hits you and you dont have any pads YOU WILL DIE.

My university has a rugby team, i should go and watch some of there games, I think I would like it.

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:03   #15
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
If somebody like that hits you and you dont have any pads YOU WILL DIE.
Ah well thats life
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:14   #16
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i just watch that european league occasionaly when its on TV.

amsterdam admirals etc :/
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:33   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...up/default.stm
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:34   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
Well the reason for the padding is that the ppl playing football are much bigger and stronger than those that play rugby. Even in college football it is not uncmmon for your offensive line to average about 6'5" weigh about 325 lbs. and easily be able to bench over 450 lbs. If somebody like that hits you and you dont have any pads YOU WILL DIE.

My university has a rugby team, i should go and watch some of there games, I think I would like it.
Yes well when your beef has over the reccomended level of Growth Hormones that most country's draw the line at and the fact that you HAVE to bulk up etc etc to actually make an impact on the padded people well.

You can just see how it all got silly, I'm sure back in the 70's/80's is was a much prettier game to watch, the players woudl fo been much more realistic in a limited naturally way which would of encouraged much different play. Now it's all about athleticism and it's as boring as watching a track meet tbh.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 02:49   #19
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Yes well when your beef has over the reccomended level of Growth Hormones that most country's draw the line at and the fact that you HAVE to bulk up etc etc to actually make an impact on the padded people well.

You can just see how it all got silly, I'm sure back in the 70's/80's is was a much prettier game to watch, the players woudl fo been much more realistic in a limited naturally way which would of encouraged much different play. Now it's all about athleticism and it's as boring as watching a track meet tbh.
But thats what makes it entertaining is the sheer athleticism of the individuals in it. And not only are the players huge but they are quick as lightning.Since most teams have about the same amount of athleticism on them the play is not limited at all. On the contrary, since there is more athleticism mroe things can be done and more/different play is open.

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 03:31   #20
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

It's narcisstic, statistical and athletic.

It is no longer truely beautiful or skillful.

Points are won by the fitter, cheesier side (by cheese I mean using the cheapest tactics to expose their fitness), rather than the side that has the man with the plays anymore, at least imo.

running and kicking it's all it's degraded too, and tbh Rugby is headed that way itself as it is with most sports, when you start forcing the professionals of your sport to exceed natural physical expectations you are going to end up with an unnatural unattractive product.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:33   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

American Football is okay to watch on the highlights, as you don't have to wait for everything to happen every time the ball stops.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:38   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

American Football is utterly boring. As is basketball.

I like baseball, though.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:44   #23
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Will become vastly interested when th ePatriots play, until then college football is just a scouts match.

Not like camping and fieldcraft....
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 18:19   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not interested in any sport which requires the competitors to be physical freaks of some kind (e.g. basketball, American Football, etc).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:22   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not interested in any sport which requires the competitors to be physical freaks of some kind (e.g. basketball, American Football, etc).
This was a shit post. It was deleted because it was written by someone with no comedic ability whatsoever, who was boring the shit out of the community. This message will be repeated whenever this individual posts something shit from now on.

Last edited by Kurashima; 29 Aug 2004 at 23:39.
Deepflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 23:29   #26
ben0013

ben0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

American here and thinks american football sucks!

ARSENAL FC
ben0013 is offline   Reply With Quote