User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Aug 2004, 17:47   #1
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
hello i'm a socially inept retard!

so anyway!

i was going out with this girl (we were living together etc.) and we broke up (on very good terms i might add-- it was a mutual decision). anyway, while we were together we (read: i) purchased tickets to go see a band tomorow night, after breaking up we decided to still go and see this band together (we're as good mates now as we have ever been, btw!).

so anyway, i went to leeds for a bit and came back a few days ago to:
1) congratulate my friends (read: shit excuses for friends) on their exam results
2) go see this band with afforementioned girl

right, so she called at 6 this morning (i was supposed to be going round and it was meant to be "just us two") so i have a wank and wash and i get there and she's invited three mates over, who i didn't know but they all knew me, which was a bit annoying. so they're all blabbing on about people they know (who i don't) so i'm just sat there feeling like a twat when one of her friends mentions the band they're going to see tomorow night, i didn't say anything at the time, but my ex just gave me the "sorry, i ****ed up... not that i really care" look, which was more annoying. so i left shortly there after (politely!).

anyway, i'm velly annoyed at this, but should i be? i mean, can you blame someone for rather being with their friend then their ex boyfriend?
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 17:51   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: hello i'm a socially inept retard!

You two aren't dating anymore.

Things change to be more like that.

You're now just a friend and must fit into the same time slots as her other friends, your priority rating has dropped.

Get over it, or beat her friends in an alley and leave them for dead.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 17:56   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kill them all.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 17:57   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can be as annoyed as you want to be, but it's not really constructive.

Next time just try and make sure that it is just you two, and if it's not, say you're not keen to meet up (or whatever).

As Skiddy says, you're just a friend to her, although her behaviour does seem a little off - I'd always ask the other person if it was OK before adding other people into the plan. But it's nothing woth getting bitter over.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:01   #5
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'd always ask the other person if it was OK before adding other people into the plan.
it's less adding one person as it is replacing one (moi) with another (her mate)

if it was just someone else coming along i'd be pleased really
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:07   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
it's less adding one person as it is replacing one (moi) with another (her mate)
Oh, OK. That's totally out of order then. Why did she have both tickets if you bought them? I presume she didn't even offer to recompensate you?

I don't really get emotionally angry anymore, but if that happened to me I'd offer the person an opportunity to apologise or I'd cut them out of my life permanently.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 18:12   #7
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Why did she have both tickets if you bought them? I presume she didn't even offer to recompensate you?

I don't really get emotionally angry anymore, but if that happened to me I'd offer the person an opportunity to apologise or I'd cut them out of my life permanently.
half my stuff is still at her's. even if she did offer to recompensate i know she couldn't really afford to be giving away money like that so there's no point in taking any from her.

as for cutting people out of my life, i just sort of did that with 6 people and am cut off from alot of other people because i don't currently have a way of contacting them so i don't really like cutting people out like that.

i'm not like fuming or anything, it's just on my tits
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:19   #8
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
so anyway!

i was going out with this girl (we were living together etc.) and we broke up (on very good terms i might add-- it was a mutual decision). anyway, while we were together we (read: i) purchased tickets to go see a band tomorow night, after breaking up we decided to still go and see this band together (we're as good mates now as we have ever been, btw!).

so anyway, i went to leeds for a bit and came back a few days ago to:
1) congratulate my friends (read: shit excuses for friends) on their exam results
2) go see this band with afforementioned girl

right, so she called at 6 this morning (i was supposed to be going round and it was meant to be "just us two") so i have a wank and wash and i get there and she's invited three mates over, who i didn't know but they all knew me, which was a bit annoying. so they're all blabbing on about people they know (who i don't) so i'm just sat there feeling like a twat when one of her friends mentions the band they're going to see tomorow night, i didn't say anything at the time, but my ex just gave me the "sorry, i ****ed up... not that i really care" look, which was more annoying. so i left shortly there after (politely!).

anyway, i'm velly annoyed at this, but should i be? i mean, can you blame someone for rather being with their friend then their ex boyfriend?

for some reason i always thought u was female

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:25   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
for some reason i always thought u was female
that's funny, because I never thought you were a good poster
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:28   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

kill her and hide the body

no, seriously, thats a completely shitty thing to do. especially seeing as you PAID for the tickets, you should just DEMAND that you go.

for something like this to even happen to you you must be viewed as a very 'soft touch' by your mates in the first place, which sucks
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 19:48   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

You sound gullible.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 20:03   #12
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
You two aren't dating anymore.

Things change to be more like that.

You're now just a friend and must fit into the same time slots as her other friends, your priority rating has dropped.

Another fine example of someone you dont go to for relationship advice
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 20:05   #13
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Another fine example of someone you dont go to for relationship advice
I do pretty well in relationships.

Much like dictatorships, they never go wrong until other people interfere!
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 20:12   #14
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

You paid for the tickets... what the hell are you letting her give YOUR tickets to her friends?

Ask her in private WTF she thinks she's doing, and then promptly reclaim the tickets. A "friend" who gives YOUR stuff to HER other "friends" is no friend at all.

Get your tickets back and go to the band with one of your mates, ffs
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 20:34   #15
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Why didnt she just tell you straight that she wasnt going with you, instead of engineering a situation where you would find out by proxy?
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 21:09   #16
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

I agree with Klavo. There is no "oops sorry" when it comes to something YOU paid for. If you bought the tickets, they are YOURS to give away, not hers.

This really does sound like a situation where you have "sucker" tattooed on your forehead. I mean, just how stupid do you have to be to give away something you don't even own?

You really should say something to her and ask her what she's thinking, giving away a ticket that you paid for. It's a very serious issue, even if you're still apparently in that "maybe if I'm nice to her, we'll get back together!" stage. (only thing I can think of that could possibly explain you not being angry about someone giving away something you put up the cash for)
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:16   #17
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlavoHunter
Get your tickets back and go to the band with one of your mates, ffs
she's pretty much my only mate in this area now, so if i was going there's noone else i'd actually want to go with, i can't imagine demanding to go with someone who'd rather be with someone else would be too fun for either of us, or demanding to have one of the tickets and us going to the same place seperatly. (i'm not sure forcing a 16 year old to go manchester city centre alone at night is such a great idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
You really should say something to her and ask her what she's thinking, giving away a ticket that you paid for. It's a very serious issue, even if you're still apparently in that "maybe if I'm nice to her, we'll get back together!" stage. (only thing I can think of that could possibly explain you not being angry about someone giving away something you put up the cash for)
i should say something, you're right. i definatly wouldn't be thinking along the lines of "maybe if I'm nice to her, we'll get back together!" as it wouldn't be good for either of us and i intend on moving away from here soon anyway. i'm not angry because i have more important things to be angry about.. it's just annoyed me as coming back to manchester has so far been a waste of time.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:35   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would seriously kick her arse (and i suggest you do).
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:38   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually what would probably be the best option is going round to hers, getting the tickets and then ripping them to shreds infront of her.

Then screaming "MINE NOT YOURS!" in her face.

It would probably be a nice touch if you managed to spray saliva on her face as you were screaming.

P.S. Make sure the rest of your stuff (that you plan on taking with you from "your" place is packed before you do this)
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:39   #20
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy

then tell me where the body(/ies) is(/are) so i can go and do some hardcore molesting
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:43   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Beat the shit out of her, feed the tickets to her. Wait until she shits them out, and give them to her shitty friends that have stolen your tickets.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:44   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I know, why dont you find out what other concerts her and her friends want to go to and buy them tickets for those aswell, you mug. There is a fine line between trying to play the good friend, and getting taken for an absolute ****ing ride.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 09:26   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

to be fair, it does sound pretty shitty what she has done there embroglio, its not something that i would ever think that anyone i consider to be a friend would do to me.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 12:08   #24
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i would say 'excuse me but it wasnt your place to give my ticket away'
i will have it back please

then stuff it in your back pocket and go to the pub
serves her right for being a sneaky backstabbing bint if her night out is spoiled
cant imagine she will go alone, but perhaps mention it to her parents on the way out of hte door just in case
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 12:38   #25
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Jesus, take the tickets back. Tell her if she want's them, to pay for them. If she won't/can't pay for them then just either sell them on or don't go.

You can't let her and her shit m8 off with this. Don't be made a fool of.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 18:40   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

tell her you want the ****ing cash, and you dont give a shit what she thinks. Her mates are going, and they should ****ing well pay for their tickets.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote