User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:46   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
My ribs hurt...

Whenever I have to laugh, or take a very deep breath, my right ribcase hurts.
Am I going to die?
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:51   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: My ribs hurt...

I imagine your lung is punctured and you will die from drowning or some such thing.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:54   #3
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My ribs hurt...

if you smoke a lot , stop immediately...

if its something else see a doctor?
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:55   #4
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Prolly just wind or a stitch
If it continues for more than a day, or the pain gets worse, see a doctor.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:55   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: My ribs hurt...

Did you work in an asbestos factory in the 70's?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:57   #6
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

mmmmmmmmm... asbestos
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 13:06   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

INTERCOSTAL MUSCLE CRAMP

It's most unamusing. Breathing in after a point feels like your lung's being punctured by a rib. Or so I imagine.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 13:09   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I remember I had the same thing not too long ago, although mine was caused by a big 30 kilo heavier Iraqi who works at my department.

Went away after a couple of days.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 13:14   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
INTERCOSTAL MUSCLE CRAMP

It's most unamusing. Breathing in after a point feels like your lung's being punctured by a rib. Or so I imagine.
Sounds familiar...
And no, I don't smoke or have any iraqis near me.

BTW, is it possible that if you live with the same pain for a long time you don't feel it at some point? Think about it... perhaps we're all in pain, but we don't quite notice it.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 13:26   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

maybe youve bruised or cracked your ribs.

DIAL 999 FOR ASSISTANCE
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 13:42   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

have you pulled a muscle down that side of your body? stretched for anything lately? cos thats probably what it is!
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 13:48   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sounds like aids to me.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 12:52   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

I slept quite bad last night. It hurt like hell.
It hurts less now, but breathing very deep still gives that lung piercing sensation that pab mentioned.
Oh well... it'll pass soon I hope. This is very unfunny.
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 11:29   #14
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

CANCER!! It`s got to be cancer.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 14:50   #15
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

When I was 10 I had something similar to this. I went to the doctors and was told I could have a punctured lung so I had all stuff that I can't remember done to me to determine if this was in fact the case. It wasn't. Turns out I have something called Tetsi Syndrome. One person in every million has this. When stressed or so the intercostal muscles actually contract, forcing your ribs into your lungs and heart and stuff and making it basically rediculously painful (feels like I am being stabbed in the heart).

9 years on and I still suffer from this. However, far away from when I first got this and I had to spend 6 weeks off of school, I now just accept the pain. It still hurts but I can tolerate it. It's just as painful as it was, but when you get used to something I guess you just tend to ignore it, as I do this. It goes away after 20 minutes or so.

I doubt you have the same thing as mine is not dependant on laughing or breathing in deeply - it is not the lungs pushing into the ribs but the other way around. Try breathing through your diaphram only and seeing if you still get the pain. Try breathing normally without breathing deeply. If you don't get the pain then it is unlikely to be a punctured lung. What is likely is that your intercostal muscles have contracted slightly for some reason. Perhaps you are feeling stressed right now, or maybe you got hurt on your ribs (someone kicking the shit out of you would do this nicely) and your muscles have contracted slightly as a result of this, or perhaps they have even become inflamed and enlargened and forced the ribs down, as opposed to pulling the ribs down.

The fact is that you only get pain when you make your lungs big. I know very nicely what it feels like to have the ribs and the lungs in contact with each other. Luckily for you, you have never felt your heart be attacked by your ribs. Believe me you would cry.

I wouldn't worry. I certainly wouldn't bother seeing a doctor over it. They are ****ers and will make a mountain out of a molehill. Give it a week. If it still hurts then go and see someone but I would bet my last penny that it'll clear up by itself. Try relaxing. Listen to Enya - Orinoco Flow with your eyes closed picturing a waterfall or something equally relaxing. The waterfall thing helps me at least. Like I say - don't worry yourself over it because if it is stress related this will only make it worse!
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 15:17   #16
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/SelfHelp.../nnny.asp#lnnn
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 23:54   #17
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

broken ribs hurt

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:01   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When you die, can I have your webspace?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 00:24   #19
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Am I going to die?
yes.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:30   #20
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-9000
When I was 10 I had something similar to this. I went to the doctors and was told I could have a punctured lung so I had all stuff that I can't remember done to me to determine if this was in fact the case. It wasn't. Turns out I have something called Tetsi Syndrome. One person in every million has this. When stressed or so the intercostal muscles actually contract, forcing your ribs into your lungs and heart and stuff and making it basically rediculously painful (feels like I am being stabbed in the heart).

9 years on and I still suffer from this. However, far away from when I first got this and I had to spend 6 weeks off of school, I now just accept the pain. It still hurts but I can tolerate it. It's just as painful as it was, but when you get used to something I guess you just tend to ignore it, as I do this. It goes away after 20 minutes or so.

I doubt you have the same thing as mine is not dependant on laughing or breathing in deeply - it is not the lungs pushing into the ribs but the other way around. Try breathing through your diaphram only and seeing if you still get the pain. Try breathing normally without breathing deeply. If you don't get the pain then it is unlikely to be a punctured lung. What is likely is that your intercostal muscles have contracted slightly for some reason. Perhaps you are feeling stressed right now, or maybe you got hurt on your ribs (someone kicking the shit out of you would do this nicely) and your muscles have contracted slightly as a result of this, or perhaps they have even become inflamed and enlargened and forced the ribs down, as opposed to pulling the ribs down.

The fact is that you only get pain when you make your lungs big. I know very nicely what it feels like to have the ribs and the lungs in contact with each other. Luckily for you, you have never felt your heart be attacked by your ribs. Believe me you would cry.

I wouldn't worry. I certainly wouldn't bother seeing a doctor over it. They are ****ers and will make a mountain out of a molehill. Give it a week. If it still hurts then go and see someone but I would bet my last penny that it'll clear up by itself. Try relaxing. Listen to Enya - Orinoco Flow with your eyes closed picturing a waterfall or something equally relaxing. The waterfall thing helps me at least. Like I say - don't worry yourself over it because if it is stress related this will only make it worse!
OK, thanks, that explains a lot. It's getting less. I slept reasonably well last night.
It could be that I'm stresses a bit. Doing ones graduation assignment in a big company now does bring some tension with it.

And incidentally I have my Enya CD righ here
Plus I remembered to bring my headphones today
Woohoo \o/
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:33   #21
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
When you die, can I have your webspace?
Only if you put my obituary on the front page.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:40   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sure I can squeeze it in somewhere. Do you object your the story of your life and your legacy to the world being <marquee>'d?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:44   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

As long as it flashes with pretty colours, no.