User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Sep 2004, 10:53   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
On the weekend of the 15th

Im going parachute jumping! hurrah!

i kind of went along to the meeting for a laugh, but they had a powerpoint presentation so i was recruited like a sheep

anyway, im actually really looking forward to it, anyone else done something like this? if so, whats it like etc, also, whats the generally accepted fatality rate?
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 11:07   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: On the weekend of the 15th

If you were easlly swayed into this by a power point presentation, do yourself a favour and never listen to those cult type people.

If you'll jump out of a plane after one presentation, imagine what you might do after a year of mental "conditioning".

Hehe. But sounds like fun, it's a tandem jump I take it?
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 11:53   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you are so cool
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:04   #4
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

afaik, powerpoint presentations are the most influential tool yet devised by society. It really is unfair.

and no, its not a tandem jump, its a solo one, but the rules are that you get virtually no freefall on the first 5 you do, im going to do a lot more though, hopefully. And will eventually be able to do big freefall jumps within the year

and yes, i AM so cool
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:11   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I hate you now. Bastard.

Does it cost much?
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:17   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
you are so cool
He's jumping...
From a plane...
One that flies very high...
And is in perfect condition...
Nothing wrong with it whatsoever...
And he's jumping out of it...
I'd call it stupid.
I'd also shit my pants...
probably.
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:23   #7
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

its 165 quid for the training and first jump, but accomadation and transport are included

for every subsequent jump, its 26 quid with everything included.

its a uni society, so we get big discounts a lot
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:31   #8
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Dear god. That's cheap. Screw you! Bastard!
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:52   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

if youre at uni, theres a good chance you have a skydive club as well who would be able to offer similar offers. so check it out, fo real.
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:57   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Erm no. Since I've just finished university I'm now a civilan. And our clubs and societys were never that adventurous. Damn bastards. With their inner-cliqué's, arrogance infested adminstrators, glory hogging and their bogarting of the women. Oh I'm not bitter. Oh noes.
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:58   #11
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

henry when are you 'back' i miss you and robbie
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 12:59   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

i guess the skydiving club (rather a minority interest really) is probably only there because of the huge amount of students in manchester, the one im in takes members from all 3 of the main unis there. So that could be why yours didnt have one

sux 2 b u i guess, but just get a real job earn money and do it anyway though.
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 14:58   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

They have flying lessons here at €20 per lesson in a light aircraft. Within 3 lessons your taking off and landing. Might be something to look into.

What I'd do is go parachuting, learn to jump solo etc. Then take pilot lessons, go solo, take out massive life insurance, place bets on a light aircraft crash interrupting the next Ireland World Cup qualifier, fly the plane, aim it at the stadium, hop out with a parachute and rake in the cash.

Either that or sit at home and do nothing. Whichever is more likely.
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 15:00   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

but you might wipe out the talented irish football team!!!!!

(lol)
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 15:06   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

If I manage to kill Ian Heart then I don't particularly care who else gets a face full of plane. Damn wanker single handedly ruined our last world cup with his world class shitness
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 15:38   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: On the weekend of the 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Im going parachute jumping! hurrah!
Let's hope you don't die.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 15:51   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well, its certainly not part of the plan...

surely you dont WANT me to die?

((((
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 17:03   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping for a wil.e.Coyote style plummet with cloud of dust when you impact.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2004, 23:32   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You bounce (11 feet?) if the parachute fails
Unread 1 Oct 2004, 01:41   #20
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

no u don't cos that big rubber band ball that they droped from a plane didn't bounce and that way more bouncey then a person

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2004, 13:38   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I'm hoping for a wil.e.Coyote style plummet with cloud of dust when you impact.
thats just cos youre such a great bloke though.
Unread 1 Oct 2004, 14:34   #22
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I don`t understand parachutists; jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2004, 15:10   #23
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
You bounce (11 feet?) if the parachute fails
I would have thought you just kind of squashed.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2004, 15:42   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I would have thought you just kind of squashed.
I remember seeing a video clip of a guy jumping from a 5 story building, he bounced about a foot when he hit the ground. Suppose it would also depend on the surface. If its hard then you'll bounce higher (or bits of you will) and if its soft it'll absord some of the impact and you wouldnt bounce as high.