User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Jul 2004, 19:35   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
So, PS2.

Got a bit of spare money lying around at the moment, and I'm thinking of getting my greasy mits on a Playstation 2. Naturally, I'd want a chipped one, so I could play backups of games, as DVD's and CD's are not very durable.

Now, I'd just enquire, is it possible to buy pre-chipped PS2's over this here internet, and if it is, has anybody bought one before and can recommend a supplier?
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 19:46   #2
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
Re: So, PS2.

good place to buy from and they have chips in them too

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 20:08   #3
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

insert standard PS2 is crap i hate sony consoles comment here.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 20:16   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
You prick
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:31   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

incidentally, get a network adapter. they are nice and they make the PS2 startup sound cool.

ps chipping makes baby jesus cry
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:36   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Get a gamecube!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:41   #7
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Just out of interest, why a psx and not an Xbox or like Jakiri suggested a Gamecube.

I would go for the x-box myself, basicly for Ninja Gaiden and Fable.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:42   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rids is a DDR/FFX kinda guy.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 21:50   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Unread 17 Jul 2004, 22:10   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain
FFX
WWE Smackdown vs Raw
GTA:SA
Ability to play old PS games
etc etc

If you can explain some benefits why I'd choose a Gamecube or Shitebox over a PS2, I'm all ears.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 22:15   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Well it's all about a matter of taste I guess. As I already said, for me Ninja Gaiden and Fable would be enough reason to go for the box. I am not really that much into the console scene anymore but as far I noticed the Xbox is gaining more and more terrain over the said other two, which will result in a bigger diversity of games available eventually.
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 23:49   #12
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

to answer the original question, yes you can buy pre-chipped consoles over the 'net

eg. http://www.kanection.co.uk/

that's the result of a search, not a recommendation from a buyer
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 00:33   #13
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Get a gamecube!
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 02:54   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Well it's all about a matter of taste I guess. As I already said, for me Ninja Gaiden and Fable would be enough reason to go for the box. I am not really that much into the console scene anymore but as far I noticed the Xbox is gaining more and more terrain over the said other two, which will result in a bigger diversity of games available eventually.
bollocks to that. the reason to get an Xbox can be explained in full with four words:

Jet
Set
Radio
Future
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées

Last edited by Phang; 18 Jul 2004 at 03:03.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 12:28   #15
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I used to buy my chipped PSX/PS2 from Hackney Sunday Market.

But now they're closed to make way for the Olympic Stadium & Village.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 12:30   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
If you can explain some benefits why I'd choose a Gamecube or Shitebox over a PS2, I'm all ears.
Because they have better games that are more fun to play.
Unread 18 Jul 2004, 14:15   #17
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

mario kart and zelda are the only things you need to know
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 13:22   #18
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain
WWE Smackdown vs Raw
do you also play them multiplayer..?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 15:08   #19
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

better than a chipped PS2 might be one with a hard drive. From the limited amount I know* , you get a sony network adapter for about £20, plug any regular HDD into it, and buy a disk for another £20 with the copy/boot software on it (so a similar price in total to having it chipped)

Then you borrow/rent games, copy them all across and just choose which you want from a menu with much faster loading speeds, no original disk required.

*http://www.hdloader.com/site.php?page=home
http://www.darkplanets.com/product_i...ype=5&prod=272
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 15:19   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

It doesn't matter, they all have Soul Calibur 2.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 23:12   #21
1-X
overtired

UK bans PlayStation 'chipping'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3915179.stm

This is because of the EU Copyright directive but the article says when Sony tried the same argument in Italy and Spain, it was thrown out of court because their judges ruled it's up to owners of a console what they did with it.

Shouldn't they be either legal or illegal for the whole of the EU?
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 17:28   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yes it should, but it isnt
apparently, if you take a chipped ps2 into a gamestation, they have to inform the police now

in theory, you cant buy chipped ps2's in the UK now, and it is always better to buy the ps2's pre-chipped, as a lot more can go wrong than with the original ps chipping.
you can almost certainly still get hold of one, you just have to know what you are doin and are probably better off asking any shady ppl you know in RL rather than on here
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 17:52   #23
1-X
overtired

it's like with a cable tv box, it remains the property of the company so clearly chipping it is a crime, but when you actually own the hardware (ps2), it's ludicrous that you can't modify it. Voiding the guarantee should be the extent of sony's power.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 17:56   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

personally, i agree, and couldnt believe that they could actually get away with it, but apparently they can, don't know of anyone who has been taken to court over it like...
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 20:46   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And who says our personal freedoms are being eroded? Bunch of paranoid nutjobs, that's who!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 20:55   #26
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

I loved the PS1 and the games you could get but there are few PS2 games that make me wanna wet my pants (to put it bluntley).

* > PS2 and the DVD player is sh1t.

I got a PS2 when i should have gotten an Xbox but ProEvo3, & the silent hill's makes up for it a bit.

Stick to PC games if i was you or spend that cash on upgrading.

HL2 and Doom3 are just around the corner!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 00:26   #27
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

GameCube and a PC and you're set.

And get a wavebird too. Thats a sexual peice of technology.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 08:58   #28
roadrunner_0
cynic

do what we are doing anyway, get them all
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:19   #29
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
it's like with a cable tv box, it remains the property of the company so clearly chipping it is a crime, but when you actually own the hardware (ps2), it's ludicrous that you can't modify it. Voiding the guarantee should be the extent of sony's power.
No less ludicrous than someone putting a tap on a phone that they own.... if you are talking about how modding should be illegal.

Or modding the chips in sports cars to allow you to exceed speeds that were already illegal anyway.....

or...
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:30   #30
roadrunner_0
cynic

but surely its not actually illegal?
the phone tap yes because you would be contravening the data protection act, so you would actually be directly breaking a law, but you can mod the chip in your car cant you?
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:37   #31
Sunday8pm
Banned

I dunno but I believe doing so is illegal, it'd certainly void your car insurance and stuff and you aren't allowed to drive without car insurance etc.

Modding your ps2 allows you to play pirate material, it serves no other purpose imo and hence why it was easy to rule in sony's favour.

If you are careless enough with your current copy claim off the home insurance.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:48   #32
roadrunner_0
cynic

from what i remember (someone correct me if im wrong, going off what a friend did to his car) you are allowed to do it so long as the insurance company is informed, as it is distinctly likely to put you into a higher insurance bracket
and i thought that there was a legit use for chipping a ps2 as well, but cant remember it offhand, cos im feeling useless this morrning
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 09:59   #33
Sunday8pm
Banned

Something to do with backing up your roms etc.

Tbh I'd be surprised if 1% of the PS2 Owning population had roms back up facilities.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:30   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Chipping also allows you to bypass region protection on real games, although that is probably illegal too.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 12:47   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

i thought that you could buy import games so long as they werent ever given a release over here? i have a mate who buys various american football games
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 13:22   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Chipping also allows you to bypass region protection on real games, although that is probably illegal too.
Although it shouldn't be, like most of the things in this thread.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 20:43   #37
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We arent allowed to discuss chipping or anything of the sort with customers, regardless of what knowledge we possess regarding it. To do so is grounds for an EPR and disciplinary action.

Naturally, when a customer tells us they're PS2 is chipped we diplomatically state we have no idea about such a thing. There is no "informing" of police since if a customer is stupid enough to brag about it in a shop, they are bound to get caught sooner rather than later.

Thats at GAME btw.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote