User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 May 2004, 15:24   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Im in trouble at uni

OK, i am way way way overdue on a piece of work at uni. I just sent a letter to my tutor basically asking what it is I can do to sort this out. Its here:

Stephen

I want to say first that this is Henry from your Year 1 Persecuting Society seminar.

I am writing to you basically because i have got myself into a fairly bad situation regarding Persecuting Society and I need your help! I also know that I am writing this rather late and everything is completely my own fault. Despite this, I don't want to ruin a years work and waste money by being kicked off the course or having to start again and would be grateful for any way out you could possibly offer. I am still confident I can pass the course, and pass well.

The problem is this, due to my own disorganisation and procrastination I have still not handed in the spreadsheet exercise that I forgot about in the first place. Believe it or not, I forgot about it again, and I still have not handed it in to you as you may have noticed. Further to that, I lost the documentation for the coursework and though I have been in a number of times to see you, you were never in your office when I happened to be there (don't think for a moment I'm trying to blame any of this on you though!).

Anyway, I would be SO grateful for any help or advice you could give me on rectifying this situation as soon as possible. If that is in fact possible. I still very much want to finish the course and would appreciate a quick reply, whether negative or positive. You now have this email address as well as my hotmail one, if you want to speak to me, my phone number is *************.

Thankyou in advance

Henry Bamford

P.S I have been diagnosed as having ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) since I was an infant and received support throughout school and college for it. Again, I'm not trying to make excuses, but if that were to help my case at all, it would be foolish of me not to mention it.

end of message

OK, how much of an utter twat do i sound like? and what chance do i actually have of getting out of this. Bear in mind that i go to a 'low tier' university anyway and they arent the strictest, but still, i cant help being nervous
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:27   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Im in trouble at uni

How many times have you done something like this before? You don't sound too bad, you do own up to it being your fault, but you don't actually give any reason while you'll be better in future.

One of the things I noticed in Uni was my apathy increased the longer I was there. My final coursework I simply didn't do (which kind of explained why I failed) while in the first year I did well.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:28   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
though I have been in a number of times to see you, you were never in your office when I happened to be there (don't think for a moment I'm trying to blame any of this on you though!).
lose this, you sound like a complete faggot.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:28   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

You should have just gone with "I was stoned lol peace dude "
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:31   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well, there is no explanation (apart from i was getting stoned far too much and most of the outside world seemed to 'not matter'). I also unashamedly played the ADHD card, i think it was about time.

the first time i missed the deadline was a genuine mistake, i only realised 2 weeks after that i had, and i had to give it in late and get 40%. The problem is, im not certain if the deadline he gave me then was artificial or real, and i missed that anyway. I can get 40% without this piece of work, and 1st year doesnt go towards my final mark. But im not sure if they let you pass without all the work done.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:32   #6
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
lose this, you sound like a complete faggot.
I cant just say that i sat at home rocking in worry all the time. or the truth, which is i took drugs and didnt care.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:36   #7
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Do NOT play the ADHD card in an email, it smacks of deperation. Further, you already stated you forgot about the assignment twice, so whats the point in now providing a medical excuse if you have already accepted responsbility for another reason? lastly, don't tell people 'I am not making excuses' when you are clearly making excuses.

If you really want to get out of this, do the damn assignment NOW, then hand in a similar letter (though more professional) WITH the assignment apologising for the tardiness and stating your reasons.

You are asking for a 'way out', what do you expect him to say? His answer will be 'hand in the assignment'. Rather than do that, just get it done (I mean tonight, all nighter if you have to) and hand it in.

If your letter accompanies the completed work, you have a LOT more credibility than "I forgot twice, and now dont know what to do".

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:37   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

yes

the problem is, i dont have the documentation to DO the assignment, didnt i say that in the letter?
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:40   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Surely there're other people on your course that do?
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:41   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seriously, you should rewrite that letter and make an attempt to come across less like a whiny baby. He'd probably respect you more if you at least made an effort to show that youre willing to work now to correct your mistakes before - apologies are utterly worthless, only the genuine desire to change is likely to make someone give a shit about how sorry you are. Even my "please please let me into imperial i am not a complete academic failure dropout' shit sounded more dignified than what youve got just now.

edit: actually no, it probably didnt.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:43   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I just sent
Think it's a bit late for that Nod
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:43   #12
Nodrog

oh

lol
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:45   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Hey you could do a Road Trip esque styled adventure to recover the letter before your girlfr... the tutor sees it
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:46   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Have a wank and go for a sleep. I find it incredible how many vital things get sorted out in my life while I'm asleep. Unfortunately the ones that don't build up over time but who the **** cares right?
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:46   #15
Nodrog

Yeah he could break into the office and access his computer, and while there he could also steal the documentation problem solved.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:46   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

bah humbug.

nm.

i sent another one which said i would do the work as soon as i had the documentation anyway. 2 emails smacks of desperation too i guess. well thats OK when I actually am desperate.

incidentally, this guy likes me.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:47   #17
Nodrog

Also why did you start the letter with "Stephen", geez louise.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:48   #18
Nodrog

lol I was actually going to post "whatever you do dont end up sending him multiple letters" but I didnt think you actually would. Its like girls man, you have to play it cool okay.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:48   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

I was attempting to build an atmosphere of informality.

whut?
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:48   #20
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Also why did you start the letter with "Stephen", geez louise.
Because thats the guys name dude.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:48   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

I dont see how desperation is a bad thing in this particular situation.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:49   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
incidentally, this guy likes me.
Offer to give him head then. It'll probably be a lot quicker than this bollocks.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:49   #23
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Because thats the guys name dude.
DEAR DOCTOR/PROFESSOR X
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:49   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

why the hell would i call him that? i have never called him that, no one calls any of their tutors that.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:50   #25
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Christ man; basic problem solving 101.

Need documentation: Go GET documentation.
-from TA, from fellow students, from Prof, to show you are serious about getting the work done.

Once documentation is obtained, Do work, hand in assignment.

Students the world over seem deal with assignments that are late or they misplaced the instructions for, yet not all seem to end up scurrying in circles like a hamster in a hole. You already know what to do, did you really need to come on to GD to have people you don't know reinforce this for you?

Unread 17 May 2004, 15:50   #26
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
DEAR DOCTOR/PROFESSOR X
When i sent emails to my supervisor i called him Simon rather than Dr. Dawson seeing as we both got on and had an informal relationship. I dont see any problem with it.

I call my tutor Dr in emails to him though cos he is a tawt.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:51   #27
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I call my tutor, my Director of Studies and my lecturers by their first name in emails since they sign off their emails with their first name. Way I see it, if they wanted to be called Professor X (lol) then they'd be signing off emails with Professor X
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:52   #28
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

i diagnosed myself with add a long time ago.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:52   #29
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

of course i did.

i cant get it, ive been in (as i said), i dont know anyone actually on that course socially. And even if i did, they may not have what i need.

And i will do the assignment as soon as i get it.

yes, i let the situation get worse than it should have. There is no point denying that now, i wouldnt even be writing to him if i thought i could get the stuff some other way.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:53   #30
Nodrog

Quote:
I dont see how desperation is a bad thing in this particular situation.
Its to do with cultivating attitudes towards yourself. Put yourself in his position: would you be more inclinded to help a confident strong person who realised he had made a mistake and was acting in a dignified way to make amends, or someone who was on his knees hugging your leg and begging you to help him? I doubt it'll matter here since you'll probably be ok, but next time it could be a mafioso don wanting to kill you for screwing up or something.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:54   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

id be more inclined to help the person on his knees tbh.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:58   #32
Nodrog

Your soul is not noble.
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:59   #33
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

yes, but im still IN uni

(ish)
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:01   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It depends on the person and the circumstances. A "strong" letter generally reads better than weak one though. When I used to get letters from customers who hadn't paid their rent they either read like pathetic sob stories or (very rarely) a decent propisition to move forward. The latter gained more "respect" because it seemed credible they could actually pay it off and wouldn't mess it up again.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:03   #35
Nodrog

yeah exactly making yourself comes out weak will only appeal to his subconscious sadist and make him want to grind you into the dirt.
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:05   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well if this doesnt work ill go and see him in person and be all strong then.
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:18   #37
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well if this doesnt work ill go and see him in person and be all strong then.
Take a baseball bat
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:42   #38
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I call my tutor, my Director of Studies and my lecturers by their first name in emails since they sign off their emails with their first name. Way I see it, if they wanted to be called Professor X (lol) then they'd be signing off emails with Professor X
No one signs a letter or e-mail with a title in front of their name (except perhaps pretentious people and idiots). I only write "Dear Firstname" e-mails to people who have signed off a previous e-mail to me with only their first name. If they sign with their first name and surname I start it with "Dear Mr/Dr/Professor Surname". Anyway, people are unlikely to be offended by too much formality, but too little formality can make you look rude.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:46   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Was really meaning surname, just couldn't help making a Professor X joke =( There are some in our uni that'll sign off an email with Dr. or Prof. though, but it's generally an automated sig with contact information on it.
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:52   #40
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

update!

stephen just phoned me. And it now seems that it is out of his hands and the deadline for the work is gone and I just cant hand it in. The only way to pass now it would seem would be to just pass without that particular piece of work (which isnt difficult with all my other marks).

Anyway, I am going to have to email the head of the course (I cant phone him as the phones close at 4.45 (damn!)). Also, i missed the exam for this unit, but i have already sent a letter to the board of examiners explaining that and asking if i could take it in the summer with all the tards having to retake (though i didnt put it exactly like that). In any case, this man does seem fairly reasonable, and i have no problems in any other units. So im being hopeful.

and any help with composition of this email would be appreciated btw

P.S <3 GD
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:03   #41
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Dear Mr Z,

I think it's quite clear that I am not suited for university life. I thought it would be all about drugs, yet it turns out that I'm actually expected to do some work.
I have therefore decided that a job in Tesco's will be more suited to my life, and hence will be leaving university with immediate effect.
yours sincerely
Deepflow

Should do it...
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:06   #42
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

this is the ONE piece of coursework i havent done all year.

shut up.
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:11   #43
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

he has a point though.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:24   #44
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

not a very good one as far as i see it. especially considering i reach the required pass mark without this piece of work at all.
Unread 17 May 2004, 17:39   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I want to be called Professor X.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:34   #46
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i want to be called Dr. No

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 19:45   #47
Vermillion
Historian

Quote:
Also, i missed the exam for this unit,
You missed the exam? As in, not 'you failed the exam' but you missed writing the exam?

As I recall, was not the original problem that you forgot to do the assignment, then later on, when reminded, you once again forgot to do the assignment?

Have you considered either buying a day-planner, and/or letting up on the weed a little? When you are routinely forgetting little things like assignments and exam dates, perhaps you have a larger problem...

Unread 17 May 2004, 19:52   #48
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

i wrote down the exam day wrong!

i wasnt even stoned at the time.

and its not exactly routine, ive forgotten 2 things this year. they just happen to be in the same unit *sigh*
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:11   #49
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

right, just in case you now havent got bored of this with your miniscule attention spans. Here is my draft of the email to the course leader :

Sir,

I am writing to you as I have a problem with one of my BAHSS units (Rise of Persecuting Society) and after speaking to my tutor (Stephen Bowd) he advised that I contact you about it. I did try to phone you today but that was at 5 o clock just after I had finished speaking to Stephen and the switchboard was closed.

Basically, I have not completed one of my pieces of coursework for Persecuting Society. Stephen told me that there would be no point handing it in at this juncture anyway, as the deadline for coursework has passed. Further to this, I also missed the exam in Persecuting Society on the fifth of May. I addressed a letter to the board of examiners and handed it into the HSS office as I was advised to do by the man working there, and hope to be able to take the exam at some point in the future. Of course I will only be able to acheive 40% if I am allowed to do this.

I would complete the last piece of coursework now if it would still make a difference. However, I have over 40% in the unit despite the lack of this piece. That is assuming I am able to get 40% in the exam, which I am very confident of.

As far as I know, I have passed all of my other units (excluding Globalisation, which I still have to take an exam for on the 27th of May). I do not want this to now be a huge problem for me, and am willing to do whatever it takes to solve it. I am still very keen to finish the university course if possible, and will certainly be more professional in my approach to work in years 2 and 3.

Also, I have ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), and received support for this throughout school and college. While I don't see it as an excuse for my recent organisational blunders. It would be foolish for me to not mention it at this point if there is any chance you knowing it would help me get through this.

You now have my email address and my phone number is 0141334314 if you wish to contact me. In any case, I will phone you tomorrow.

Thankyou in advance

Henry Bamford

end message

unlike the last one, i havent sent it yet. If any of you can be bothered, advice would be so so so greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Deepflow; 17 May 2004 at 23:57.
Deepflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:21   #50
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

try to avoid "I" as much as possible. and never use it in the first sentence of an official letter. don't mention the ADHD, it's completely invalid. (it sounds even more stupid when you say in your next line that it's "no excuse").
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote