User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Mar 2004, 20:51   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I got my Little hands on : Deus Ex - Invisible War

Expect not to see or hear from me for at least a week.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 21:04   #2
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I got my Little hands on : Deus Ex - Invisible War

Can't get through the door? Try the vent.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 21:21   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Can't get through the door? Try the vent.
http://www.angelfire.com/space/mrl/invisiblewar.JPG

PS.

Kura, you may want to edit the .ini files a lot. It makes the game merely mediocre, rather than downright unplayable. Look on the Eidos Forums.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 21:33   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Invisible War was bad

I got up to some Antartic level, and the game crashed, oh well.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 21:34   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Invisible War was bad

I got up to some Antartic level, and the game crashed, oh well.
The game decided that I couldn't complete a mission, so I was well and truly stumped, especially when you factor in it's AutoSaves Are Overwritten by Quicksaves and You Only Get 1 Quicksave paradigm.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 21:48   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Were there missions after the Antartic ones? I figured meeting you know who would be the end of it.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 21:53   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Were there missions after the Antartic ones? I figured meeting you know who would be the end of it.
You go back to cairo, and the final mission is SPOILERS!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 23:51   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

apparently the patch makes it much better, im told.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 23:56   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
apparently the patch makes it much better, im told.
No, going into the .ini files and changing the values to what they were supposed to be makes it playable.

You still have the poor graphics, storyline and performance (yes, even after 1.2) to deal with.

Oh, and weapons ballance, universal ammo, and MUCH MUCH MORE!
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 00:47   #10
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i kinda like deus ex 2, it hasn't crashed yet, u must have a shit computer, i like deus ex 1 better tho

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 00:49   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
i kinda like deus ex 2, it hasn't crashed yet, u must have a shit computer, i like deus ex 1 better tho
This computer is pretty stable, DX2 and the Civ 2 1.3 installer are the only things that reliably crash. Oh, and Morrowind occasionally.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 00:55   #12
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

i ended the game a week ago and i had some crashing problems and some save games problems too, but the game is pretty good i realy liked the "freedom" in the game....and the vent thing pretty much sucks

Last edited by BlacK_Bengudo; 18 Mar 2004 at 01:05.
BlacK_Bengudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 00:59   #13
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

the vent thing is for lazy mappers

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 01:19   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Oh, and Morrowind occasionally.
It does that. I suspect it's temporary data storage function sucks.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 01:22   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Leshy: dont mean to be picky, but it was Wednesday 17th (re: front page of your website!)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 01:31   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Leshy: dont mean to be picky, but it was Wednesday 17th (re: front page of your website!)
My bad. Cheers and fixed
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 01:40   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i cant even get it to run.
pixelshaders my ass
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 02:26   #18
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Ditto, thats why i just got a new gfx and ram :-/
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 12:48   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I liked Deus Ex 2 It's certainly not Deus Ex 1 but it was never going to be as good, the 1.2 patch (Which ships with the UK version) makes it far better, you don't really have to do anything with the ini files once you have this. I seriously can't believe it was a little jittery in points (On a P4 2.66Ghz, Raedon 9800 Pro, 1GB RAM) though.

You certainly won't be at it all week, took me a day to complete it on hard doing pretty much every mission (Though I couldn't complete the coffee shop mission in Cario II even though I did the task it just wouldn't end), on the bright side despite the let down NG Resonence os hott +++
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 12:55   #20
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road

dude.

that game sucks.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:24   #21
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

DX rocked. Havent played DX2 yet cause even the fuxxing demo wouldnt install
(My PC installed and ran the UT2004 demo ok though.....)
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:32   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Skragg
DX rocked. Havent played DX2 yet cause even the fuxxing demo wouldnt install
(My PC installed and ran the UT2004 demo ok though.....)
The worst thing you can do is attempt to compare DX1 to DX2.

Everything that DX did well, DX2 does poorly. Everything mediocre is more mediocre. And so forth.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:35   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I liked Deus Ex 2 It's certainly not Deus Ex 1 but it was never going to be as good, the 1.2 patch (Which ships with the UK version) makes it far better, you don't really have to do anything with the ini files once you have this. I seriously can't believe it was a little jittery in points (On a P4 2.66Ghz, Raedon 9800 Pro, 1GB RAM) though.
The 1.2 patch doesn't make significant changes to the .ini as far as I'm aware (removing mouselag, changing damage settings, changing movement values, that kind of thing), it just improves performance. At least according to the release notes, but then it also corrects the hideous flaw that was the 'Save settings with savegame, not game' which meant that you had to change the resolution/controls all over again when you started a new game.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:40   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
So it's running badly on other people's computers then, I assumed it was my drivers or my Ram or some such. Well that is good to know.
It runs fine on Terrence, but I had to muck about with the .ini to do it (who the hell sets cache to 8mb instead of, say, 64 or 128?)

****ing xbox.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:50   #25
Evil Skragg

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

I tried crawling in an air vent once while drunk.
My ass got stuck.
Are all game hero's (in the vein of Mr. Denton and Mr. Freeman anyway) midgets?
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:54   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Denton's a mental midget, and Freeman's a thin nerd.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:57   #27
Evil Skragg

Quote:
Freeman's a thin nerd.
A thin nerd in a fking HUGE power suit.

(How does he take a leak in that thing?)
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:57   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
A thin nerd in a fking HUGE power suit.

(How does he take a leak in that thing?)
I'd presume it acts like a fremen stilstuit.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:01   #29
Evil Skragg

Quote:
I'd presume it acts like a fremen stilstuit.
Pretend for a small second that I am not a geek and explain that in english, plz.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:03   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Pretend for a small second that I am not a geek and explain that in english, plz.
Absorbs, filters the water, and makes it available for drinking.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:07   #31
Evil Skragg

Ahh, *Dune*? Havent read it in years, old bean.

Another thing, what exactly do those First Aid stations dispense? Morphine? Crack? Polyfilla? (Fixes Bullet holes, gaping flesh wounds and fading life signs!)

Last edited by Evil Skragg; 18 Mar 2004 at 14:09. Reason: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Shai Hulud........
Evil Skragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:09   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

And anothing thing, why isn't max payne either addicted to painkillers or suffering from kidney failure?
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:12   #33
Evil Skragg

He counteracts it with acid. How else would he get the world to slow down and blur?
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:34   #34
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
****ing xbox.
Don't diss the xbox.
Dont EVER diss the xbox!
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:37   #35
Evil Skragg

I have shat out things that are more pleasant than the X-Box.
The X-Box suxks, period. just because it is yet another evil spawn of Gates the Unholy.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:41   #36
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
just because it is yet another evil spawn of Gates the Unholy.
Remove blinkers.
Open eyes wider.
Enjoy!
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:42   #37
Evil Skragg

I cant, I was blinded by the brilliance of the Gamecube.
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 16:59   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Don't diss the xbox.
Dont EVER diss the xbox!
Why not?