User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 19:52   #1
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
cos i know jack shit about then

someone find me a good tft/lcd/flat screen/whatever they r called/ thingy monitor plz

i got about £300-£400 to spend

ta

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 19:53   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: cos i know jack shit about then

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd17.html

Hitachi one.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 19:54   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think you can buy one that is worth the money from that shop that imports things from the year 2006.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:00   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA, any decent flat panel is going to cost you at least 1k.

Stick with a flat screen CRT.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:02   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
HAHA, any decent flat panel is going to cost you at least 1k.

Stick with a flat screen CRT.
What's wrong with TFTs exactly?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:04   #6
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Their crap with the ghosting and crap. I don't care how fast the reponse on it, it still ghosts. They also have the problem they are built for a certain resolution and hence are a problem when playing gfx demanding games at a diffrent resolution.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:08   #7
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

yes but i'm really lacking in space ( as in depth not screen width) and a want a bigger monitor

DM.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:14   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Their crap with the ghosting and crap. I don't care how fast the reponse on it, it still ghosts. They also have the problem they are built for a certain resolution and hence are a problem when playing gfx demanding games at a diffrent resolution.
I don't notice any ghosting

And I don't see what the problem is with playing every game in 1280 by, as that's what I played every game in on my CRT ANYWAY.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:18   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
What's wrong with TFTs exactly?
They cost over twice as much as CRT's and for your money a display area that is a fraction of the size, a screen resolution that cant be changed, and about a 5% increase in picture quality to make up for this.

TFTs are the new DVDs are the new betamax.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:22   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
They cost over twice as much as CRT's and for your money a display area that is a fraction of the size, a screen resolution that cant be changed, and about a 5% increase in picture quality to make up for this.

TFTs are the new DVDs are the new betamax.
17" TFT's are smaller than 17" CRT's now?

When did that happen?

ps.

DVDs are
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:23   #11
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

ok i need abit of info

i guessing the responce time is best as low as possible

but whats the .26mm or whatever it is mean

DM.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:24   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

- 17" viewable image size (equivalent to 19" CRT)
- High Resolution - SXGA 1280 x 1024
- 16.7 million colours
- Excellent Contrast Ratio (400:1)
- Fast response time - tr: 12ms + tf: 4ms
- Wide viewing angle - 160º H x 160º V

The what?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:26   #13
Nodrog

Quote:
17" TFT's are smaller than 17" CRT's now?
You can get decent 19" plus monitors for less than half the price of a reasonable 17" TFT, and not all of that 17" is displayable anyway

Quote:
DVDs are
Yeah DVD's are real shit hot sparky, wait I have a good idea lets pay 3 times as much for the equivalent film on VHS just so we can get a 2 minute interview with the director tacked onto the end. Hey look at me; I'm a moron and help constitute the thriving mass of wankers directly responsible for the dismal state of today's consumer culture!
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:28   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You can get decent 19" plus monitors for less than half the price of a decent 17" TFT, and not all of that 17" is displayable.
On a TFT, I'm pretty sure it is.

Maybe you've gotten the two mixed up.

Quote:
Yeah DVD's are real shit hot sparky, wait I have a good idea lets pay 3 times as much for the equivalent film on VHS just so we can get a 2 minute interview with the director tacked onto the end. Hey look at me; I'm a moron and help constitute the thriving mass of wankers directly responsible for the dismal state of today's consumer culture!
Personally, I like them because they take less space and I can play them on my computer, but maybe I'm not cool enough for nod
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:30   #15
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's easier to make/get ripped off copies on dvd than it is with vhs, that'll sell it for me!
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:33   #16
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

dvd writers r and ofc i only use it for legal reason

DM.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:33   #17
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

anyway stop talking about dvds and find meh a monitor

DM.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:34   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Anyway, back on topic.

I use the (whatever the white one is) Hitachi 17" I linked to, and it's great. The only problem I ever have is that black is TOO black.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:34   #19
Nodrog

Quote:
Personally, I like them because they take less space and I can play them on my computer, but maybe I'm not cool enough for nod
They take up less space because you cant afford to buy as many am i rite?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:35   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
They take up less space because you cant afford to buy as many am i rite?
no.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:38   #21
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The problem of ghosting in TFT's hasn't been around for quite a while. I don't often play games on my comp, but when I do i haven't noticed anything untoward. And the space saved (more in thecar when transporting rather than desk-space) is worth every penny.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 21:39   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: cos i know jack shit about then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
i got about £300-£400 to spend
On a monitor? Have you gone absolutely barking?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 21:55   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Films on DVD look a lot better than on VHS. The actual DVDs don't cost me anything since I generally borrow from a friend who has a fair few DVD's (200-300 I suppose).

I like my CRT monitor (22" Iiyama which you can now get for under 400 I think) though.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:02   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
On a monitor? Have you gone absolutely barking?
I spent that much. It rounds off the whole 'good computer' vibe I've got going with Terrence.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:15   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: cos i know jack shit about then

Quote:
I spent that much.
Please don't waste this money on computer parts; give it to me.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:16   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What do you spend your money on MM?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:20   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I invest it.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:29   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

'Force it into the rectal passage of'?
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:33   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
In little children?
Only to keep those currently in use in my diamond mines from revolting.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:41   #30
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i bought an lg flatron 1811B 9 -12 month ago. i quite satisfied with it. not problems whatsoever. i even use it to watch dvds now because my horrible tv is small than that screen (not to talk about picture quality).

back then i paid about 600€ for it. today it should be a lot cheaper (or, more likely, there is a better model out now)