User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:44   #1
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
can you hot wire a pc???

ya know the power button wires.... im about to connect them free hand style to see if i can hotwire the pc...

if i never post again etc, don't try it at home :|

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:47   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: can you hot wire a pc???

i know how to hot wire a car (i dunno if its the same for all cars) i also know how to start an old subaru van with the end of a windscreen wiper (the end thats attached to the bonnet)

but i dunno how to hot wire a pc though - plus i dont really wanna know
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:48   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really see the point.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:49   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

doesnt stop someone doing it
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:50   #5
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

the power button is just a simple switch that will connect/disconnect the wires, so pulling the wires out of the switch and connecting them manually seems like a waste of time
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:53   #6
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts

well clearly if i need to hot wire the fking thing, then the on/off butted is a tad bolluxed....

and it kinda worked :/

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 18:23   #7
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

i can turn a pc on by touch two bits on the motherboard with a screw driver
:gollum:

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 18:26   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General8
i can turn a pc on by touch two bits on the motherboard with a screw driver
You are so amazing. Seriously. I've never known of someone more amazing. Normally, people say things, and you'll get people saying sarcastic things about their achievements, but not me. You're just so amazing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 20:34   #9
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i can turn meh computer off using a hammer

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 21:05   #10
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You are so amazing. Seriously. I've never known of someone more amazing. Normally, people say things, and you'll get people saying sarcastic things about their achievements, but not me. You're just so amazing.
oooo and your STILL just as much of a twat as ever, how teh fk did you become a mod.

if it involves sexual favors i dont wanna know

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 21:09   #11
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Use a screwdriver and hold it against the two "taps" that sticks up where your supposed to plug in the powerbutton.

I still use it since i broke the powerbutton....

Hello btw darkmother....

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:00   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Try put your tongue between the wires and lick around.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:38   #13
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -o|DarkJedi|o-
and it kinda worked :/
What do you mean "kinda"? Is you computer only half-on?
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:22   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm geussing its an ATX power supply which means soft power on/off.

Instead of the power button being connected permanently it only makes contact for a brief moment to tell the power supply to switch on. If you hotwire such a machine it may cause it to shutdown inpromptu, or potentially damage the power supply. In order to turn the machine on you need only touch the wires briefly and then leave them disconnected.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 14:00   #15
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Keyboard Power-On [anykey or specify hotkey / combination]
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 14:45   #16
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I'm geussing its an ATX power supply which means soft power on/off.

Instead of the power button being connected permanently it only makes contact for a brief moment to tell the power supply to switch on. If you hotwire such a machine it may cause it to shutdown inpromptu, or potentially damage the power supply. In order to turn the machine on you need only touch the wires briefly and then leave them disconnected.
http://www.compute-aid.com/atxspec.html

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote