User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Feb 2004, 15:42   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My Speakers are crackling

This is not good news as the old buggers have been shaking the foundations of houses and flats for a good 5 years. however seeing as they seem to be on their last legs i need some advice on what to purchase....

my current system is...

Sound System Specifications

No. of Drivers (Satellites) 2
Each Driver(Satellite) 1 x 3" Shielded Full Range (Front Facing)
1 x 3" Shielded Full Range (Side Firing)
1 x 1/2" Dome Tweeter (Active Bass Reflex)
Drivers(Subwoofer) 1 x 6" Dual Voice Coil, High Compliance, Long Throw Woofer
Frequency Response 32Hz - 20kHz
Cabinet Resonance 42Hz
Satellite Power More than 12 watts at Less than 0.4% THD
Subwoofer Power 40 watts at less than 0.4% THD
Input Impedance Larger than 10k ohms
Others Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound decoder circuitry built-in

i had no problems with it altho it did distort at increadibly high volumes...:/

So i need something similar to that spec but for around 100-150 quid....i can nay afford anymore. :/
infact something better than the current one would be nice. also with a spdif input if possibleb because i have yet to use the dolby digital output my soundcard seemingly has.

Suggestions?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2004, 15:43   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My Speakers are crackling

Also what should i be looking for in the following departments :

Frequecy Reponse
Cabinet Resonance etc

cos ihave no clue what is 'good'
i realise THD is total harmonic distortion and that should be as low as possible...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2004, 02:55   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
My Speakers are crackling
how do you avoid the temptation to eat them?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2004, 03:18   #4
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Penis enlarger system ey?
:s

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2004, 03:24   #5
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
how do you avoid the temptation to eat them?
with jam??

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2004, 13:34   #6
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I bought my stereo in 1992 and it still works suprisingly well.

Richer Sounds sell some good speaker packages at an ace price...

http://www.richersounds.co.uk/
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote