User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:30   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
[Approved] Let me open the manual in a new window

Since I never really want to open the manual in my overview window, I tend to do what is natural in this case: I do open in new window (ctrl+shift click in Opera, middle-click in Firefox).

Here's the solution:

Quote:
Hint to idiots who think that using <A HREF="javascript:..."> is a good idea:
It's not.

But if you insist on going down that dark road, do it like this instead:
<A HREF="http://real-url..." OnClick="thingy(); return false">. That makes left-click do your JS BS, but lets middle-click do something sane, and also lets your page continue to function if JS is turned off. And spiders work, and bookmarks work, and basically you avoid ass-****ing the web. Ok? Thanks.
Please give us an href other than # for the manual/stats. I'm getting rsi from having to maximize the stupid javascript window all the time.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 08:44   #2
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Re: Let me open the manual in a new window

I totaly agree. I usualy shift-click it and pull my hair out when it doesnt work :P

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 08:46   #3
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I concur with Jester on this one.

Middle clicking to open a new tab the link redirects to the overview page, and I dont WANT the overview page again, I clicked manual for a reason: i.e. I wanted to look at the bloody manual.

Tabs unclutter the taskbar; worthless javascript opening a new browser window just makes a mess. Which is a shame because its about the only thing wrong with the current interface.

nb. the other thing wrong with the interface is the gigantic circus coloured motd that pateam forces me to look at every time i log in. Could you spastics' at least choose a colour scheme that dosnt attempt to give me epileptic seizures.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 09:04   #4
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Code:
<a HREF ... OnClick() ..>blah</a>
Thats invalid xhtml btw :P

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 09:34   #5
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Code:
<a HREF ... OnClick() ..>blah</a>
Thats invalid xhtml btw :P
He doesn't seem to care that much.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:40   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

question here - but left click currently opens the manual in a new window - so i'm wondering what u are all talking about...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 18:42   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

or did u mean u want to be able to open it in a new tab

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 29 Apr 2005, 21:29   #8
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

New tab clearly.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 22:08   #9
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
or did u mean u want to be able to open it in a new tab
Or a new window that opens the way I configure my browser to open it when I click the 'open in new window' option on the link.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 08:38   #10
Banned
Banned

Yahoo fixed this faster than PA.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:34   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

approved

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread