User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 04:04   #1
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
Lightbulb [Declined] Option to Leave Protection

All planets are protected for their first 72 ticks. But what if you don't want that protection. There use to be an option to leave protection.
This is helpful for alot of reasons.
Lets use me for an example.
I want to defend my gal m8 who is under attack. I have about 200 ships total. I go to launch defence and I get this nasty little warning saying you can't launch any fleets while under protection. Now I started the round late so I should atleast be able to launch defence fleet or have the option to take my self out of protection.

What do you all think?
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 04:37   #2
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Option to Leave Protection

extend protection length and give resource bonus for leaving and I'm for it :|
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 10:29   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its all well and good having a feature like this BUT this protection period is vital for most alliances progress as it gives them time to find their feet and get the groundwork in place. Now it is the case that some people get to this stage quicker and have the groundwork for defending their planet in place much quicker (although its not the smartest way of playing) and could leave protection. However this would leave these planets allies with a problem, this planet gets attacked what do they do? Do they leave him to get smashes or do they come out of protection early to try and help thus leaving themselves open.

It might be less of a problem outside the first 72 hours but i certainly think it would cause problems at the start, especially with people who didnt know what they were doing.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 5 Apr 2005, 10:54   #4
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

How about, as an alternative, you can launch defence fleets, but not attack fleets during protection? (While, of course, still not getting incoming).

-Nitin
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 18:29   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
How about, as an alternative, you can launch defence fleets, but not attack fleets during protection? (While, of course, still not getting incoming).

-Nitin

I sorta agree with this.

And as for out of protection early as long as its not part of the first 72 ticks of the game itself I don't see it as a problem.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 11:47   #6
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

I'd say after tick 72 people that started late can go out of protection.

Defence while being protected I dont like it to much. Means people can defend, but they can't be retalled on etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 04:59   #7
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I sorta agree with this.

And as for out of protection early as long as its not part of the first 72 ticks of the game itself I don't see it as a problem.

Hordes of untouchable def-multies ahoy.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 14:25   #8
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Hordes of untouchable def-multies ahoy.
Sounds exciting dont it :P

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 15:48   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Now it is the case that some people get to this stage quicker and have the groundwork for defending their planet in place much quicker (although its not the smartest way of playing) and could leave protection. However this would leave these planets allies with a problem, this planet gets attacked what do they do? Do they leave him to get smashes or do they come out of protection early to try and help thus leaving themselves open.
Obviously, alliance players who are following the "smartest way" wouldnt have ships available at that time anyway - thus making it quite pointless to leave protection and open yourself to attack. Only players who didnt play the "smartest way" (what is that btw?), would have ships available to attack or defend with - so they are inherrently more protected even though they may be out of protection.

Though i tend to agree - the end of protection gives a fixed position or goal to aim at for everyone, ie have Fighter research and production complete in the first 72 ticks, and the obvious problems of players not knowing or accidentally bringing themselves out of protection isnt a good thing.

Defence fleets only is a fair compromise - as its unlikely that mid round a planet being defended against would be able to attack the Protection planet anyway, so its no great loss.
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 12:58   #10
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i don't think u should be able to leave protection... jus ......don't like it...

[INS]Goafer
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 11:43   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

declining this, though we should have an admin fucntion to turn it off for havoc and such

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread