User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Mar 2005, 01:01   #1
~RevictioN~
Reborn

~RevictioN~ is infamous around these parts
Cath Engineering

I was trying to figure out what to go i usally go RES/MIN/CON but im wondering if MIN/RES/CON
is a better option.
Plz discuss pros and cons of each or why you chose the way your going and anyone seen a cathaar tick plan ?
Conviction, Courage, Control
~RevictioN~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 01:19   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Cath Engineering

I have half a tick plan for Cath, but it's a bit skewed by being based on a Beetle/Mosq rush. I would recommend Res/Min/Con until pt60 or so, then Res/Prod/Min. Construct all your factories well before your ship technology finishes. Consider using the extra Research speed to finish Core tech1 before HCT1*, this'll probably grant you more money than the mining bonus. My plan for Cath has res/con/min actually, but this isn't a really big deal; you lose 2 ticks of research-time if you don't have Construction as priority 2.

As for what is actually more beneficial, I haven't run the resources numbers (which are what really count) on any of this, so I can't say.

* Not my idea.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 10:18   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Although i will prolly go xan (60/40 unsure between Xan/Cath :P), i think my engineering will be res/min/con - as xan's research is pretty poor i thought i had better do that first priority, and return it to 'standard' levels.

Last round, i wasnt a very big planet, but i went Mining/Prod/ with security and construction swapping every now and again as Pri3. I found it to be very good, but others may differ .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 10:47   #4
Iceman
Take that

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

as cath id go min/res/con
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 14:15   #5
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Ive been playing cat with very good success since the beta of R12 (dont have a result to show for it, since I always die midround ), and I would never start with anything but Res/min/con. Its of crucial importance that you get your research done as fast as possible.

Change to min/res/prod or min/prod/res somewhere between pt100 and pt200.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 14:20   #6
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to work out some tickplans, but I need help one one question:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=184177

If anyone is able to help me out I could work further on the plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 16:48   #7
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Research - Mining - Construction and with a ratio of (or keep to it as much as possible anyway) to a 4:8:4 or 5:7:5 of Metal:Crystal:Eonium to keep resources balanced when production of ships later on. Mining and Construction can be exchangable (with Research as the main priority) on the second reset after ticks start.

Until stable and formidable, leave Engineering open for mass production with Production as first priority when raided by incomings.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote