User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Dec 2004, 11:53   #1
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
mining roids

How about adding a function so you can decide yourself which roids you mine?

Hereby i mean if you have 2k of each roids and you can only mine 5500 that you can decide you want to mine more c roids for example. this would be quite handy for cathaar/terran/zik. and to me it seems kinda fair as xans almost always have even ratio's aswell.

For the people saying you should roid targets with more roids of 1 type.... that's not doable. not in the right amounts anyways as most people are quite even on all roidtypes.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 14:35   #2
BCEagle

BCEagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mining roids

So you are saying that when over the cap you should chose yourself? I like that idea.
BCEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 14:51   #3
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

no i'm not saying that.

i'm saying once you HAVE the roids and you are over your mining limit, THEN i think you should decide which type of roids produce resources, so you don't have to waste loads of resources for trading when technically you do HAVE the right roids you need:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 16:36   #4
BCEagle

BCEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah no, that is what I took from your original post, you did a better job explaining it than I did, I like that idea. It doesn't change strategy of the game because it is still beneficial to capture roids according to what race you are but at the end you don'thaveto worry about it
BCEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 16:41   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: mining roids

Seems reasonable, but I doubt they'll go for it. It seems they want people to use the gal fund to address resource imbalances (based on the reply to this thread). :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 16:49   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

This would defeat a lot of the purpose of HCTs and inability to mine roids, really.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 16:49   #7
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

This has a lot less impact than that other rejected idea. It also has strong roots in common sense (which tbh has never made much of a difference in PA development) but come on, if you're saying that my planet can only support so many cargo ships to actually go out and get resources from asteroids, and I am the supreme ruler of my planet, then those cargo ships should at least obey my orders.

I don't think this will reduce galaxy trading too terribly much, as it will only affect people in the short term while they research or people who are huge at the end of the game. Upsides are giving players a warm happy feeling of playing a game that makes slightly more sense than it did last round.
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 17:43   #8
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
zik. and to me it seems kinda fair as xans almost always have even ratio's aswell.

most people are quite even on all roidtypes.
i wish you were right.
far from it actually.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 12:56   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: [Discuss] mining roids

i'm leaning towards approving this

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 14:41   #10
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

i agree. Its nice
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 15:30   #11
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Yup, sounds good to me.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 15:46   #12
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with this idea - so say you lose out on 10000metal 10000crystal and 10000eonium and you want more E would it look like 7500metal 75000crystal and 15000eonium or will there be drawbacks to doing this ???
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 02:34   #13
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

or maybe using the same principles of the engineering priorities feature with similar ratios (5, 10 and 15%) plus ofc, whatever bonuses the player's got, so galaxy funds and open market funds can still be utilized with less of that heartache of getting ripped off

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 15:38   #14
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Approve it!! It makes sense.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 05:19   #15
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sounds like great idea imo, nice going cypher
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 18:52   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I think it is a good idea, it will make slightly fairer on the on Xan races since Xans always are even.

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 19:54   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think it would help all races. It wouldn't alienate the gal fund, as firstly you have to have insufficient researches done to force the ability to happen, and most of the time if you have wrong ratios it forces changing with the gal fund or with the exchange rate. This way, when you're already loosing roids for insufficient research levels, you don't loose even more money changing it through funds, so you don't have something like: metal 857100 crystal 350000 eonium 1600 left after buying ships, etc.
Just if theres a few boxes where you can adjust the unmined asteroids .. or something, stuck under the current mining information page, right under the bit where it says "you are currently missing out on <blah> resources due to insufficient research". And of course it'd only appear at the same time as this message. I know it'd make the page longer, but i think it's the best place to put it. Fully agree with the idea
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 23:53   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

this will get approved unless there is now a string of strong obections

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote