User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2007, 21:03   #1
steeeb

steeeb is an unknown quantity at this point
End of round evolution

Okay, this is a cool idea i came up with. Instead of drastically changing stats all the time, and let players have little or no say in it, lets balance the game depending on the people playing the game!

For this to work, firstly, we need nicely balanced stats for all races, all to have a weakness, all to have strengths.. thats what makes the game fun afterall.

At the end of the round, you look which race is significantly better and do whats needed to balance the game.

Now then, the fun part.

I've just finished the round, I login, and a new page pops up.

I can now vote to what i want to improve/change in my race. The change with the most vote wins, and will happen next round.

These changes could be anything:
Slightly lowering ship costs
Changing targeting of a ship?
Changing a x (kill ship) to an EMP ship where races allow
Changing a x (a steal ship) to a kill ship
Improving attack power of x
Increase race stealth

The choices are endless, oviously someone will come up with these And they have to be fair.

We could perhaps have side-effects:
Improve attack power of x, initative will be +1
Increase race stealth, lower ship production time
Change x targetting from FR to DE, change x targetting from DE to FR

I think this is a little fun thing we can add, it will make us players think we are contributing to how the game will end up. The possibilities are endless, even if each race is given two options, at least the majority of people will get what they would like to see to the race.

Balancing would have to come into effect here.
steeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 21:24   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: End of round evolution

Oh jesus no. Last thing we need is random noobs ****ing up the stats. Seriously crappy idea.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 22:02   #3
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice
Re: End of round evolution

no.
Shoshuro is offline   Reply With Quote