User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:03   #51
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice
Re: Refund

Quote:
12. WE PROVIDE THE ACCOUNT, THE GAME AND ALL OTHER SERVICES "AS IS."
The "AS IS" part is something that will stop you getting a refund. Even MicroSoft has some of those eg when you update windows if your pc crashes and dies it is not their fault
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:06   #52
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrem
You paid for a half random round, what did you expect?

Stop whining, if you hate it so much go play another game.
Perhaps you should actually read the post before you reply.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:18   #53
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
Whilst I can appreciate the fact that you are not enjoying the galaxy that you may have hoped for we have taken reasonable steps to resolve the issue of the galaxy setup that has been a problem for some people at the start of this round.

.... The game is there, it is functioning normally and is available to you for the next 9+ weeks to play if you so wish.

.......in any online game, your experience does tend to be reliant on factors not under your or our control.

........If Planetarion was an "off the shelf" game then you may of course be able to claim a refund from the retailer as a number of these operate a no-quibble returns policy but this is simply not practical for an online game such as ours.
Biffy, I never said I was not enjoying the galaxy I am in, the game set up as flawed. I enjoyed my auto until it was recalled and I enjoyed after it was repaired to my satisfaction.

The game is functioning normally? Do you mean to tell me this was the way Jolt had planned and foresaw this round going? That I find difficult to believe.

Factors beyond PA's Control do not include their own coding or logic errors. That clearly occurred in this case and was not beyond PA’s control. They simply failed to contemplate all the issues.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:18   #54
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I belive that consumer law > any eula from a juridical point of view.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:21   #55
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

actually in dutch law you have a RIGHT to return ANY internet bought product within 7 days. i don't know how the laws are up there but I am guessing consumers are protected from scheming and money poaching criminals in every country. i hope you succeed Conall.

and Zhukov + Biffy > Consumer RIGHT > all, including EULA, that's why it's called a right.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:42   #56
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
The "AS IS" part is something that will stop you getting a refund. Even MicroSoft has some of those eg when you update windows if your pc crashes and dies it is not their fault
Since you want to quote the EULA let me throw a few more out there:

"This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from region to region.”

"OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IS LIMITED TO £5. Some regions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so they may not apply to you. "

My financial institution has addressed my first issue, and as far as I am concerned I really only want the following from Jolt/PATeam in regards to this game. Please address the issue of the programming/logic, test it before it is used and listen to some of the more reasonable PA players regarding issues with the game. There are 2000-3000 players, some of which have a great deal to add and want to see the game survive and thrive. Openly discuss the potential ramifications of your plans and decisions before they are made final. Having an open dialog policy with them would do far more to mitigate these situations than anything else you can do.

Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:48   #57
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for agreeing with my Lord Dain.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:52   #58
Inca

Inca is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conall

My financial institution has addressed my first issue, and as far as I am concerned I really only want the following from Jolt/PATeam in regards to this game. Please address the issue of the programming/logic, test it before it is used and listen to some of the more reasonable PA players regarding issues with the game. There are 2000-3000 players, some of which have a great deal to add and want to see the game survive and thrive. Openly discuss the potential ramifications of your plans and decisions before they are made final. Having an open dialog policy with them would do far more to mitigate these situations than anything else you can do.

What you are asking for there is very reasonable and you will get support from hundreds probably thousands of players on this issue, but set the tone, your first demand was a refund, no1 is interested, your second real point now raised on post 50 something, is that you want the pa team to quite simply make better judgement calls with help from the people that care about pa most, the players. That is a cause worth posting about and taking the time to discuss, that will get players attention and importantly that will improve the future of PA.
Inca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 19:57   #59
Conall
There is a better answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca
What you are asking for there is very reasonable and you will get support from hundreds probably thousands of players on this issue, but set the tone, your first demand was a refund, no1 is interested, your second real point now raised on post 50 something, is that you want the pa team to quite simply make better judgement calls with help from the people that care about pa most, the players. That is a cause worth posting about and taking the time to discuss, that will get players attention and importantly that will improve the future of PA.
Glad you agree Inca, but in all fairness I initially only asked what the mechanism was for a refund, I demanded nothing. Others took that request for information and ran with it. Granted I probably over responded to some of the more fiery post.

Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by Conall; 18 Oct 2004 at 20:03.