User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Aug 2005, 09:52   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Most Odd - Folder only displaying certain folders

Hardware & Software involved:

External Hard Drive: Maxtor OneTouch 160Gb (7200rpm, 8Mb Cache)
OS: XP Pro (Although I've tried using this on several PCs with same OS)
iTunes

I have never seen this before, it is most odd.

In iTunes I can play all my songs from the following directory

G:\Music

Now when I play music through iTunes or Media Player I can play ANYTHING in that directory.

Such as The Killers & The Hives

But when I am browsing "G:\Music" it only displays up to the letter "E" in this case my last artist is "Eminem". It does this for both Files & Folders within this directory.

I have done a windows search for ALL files & folders in this directory and yet again only displays up to the letter "E".

I have tried copying the folder to a different location, doesn't fix it.
I have tried copying contents to a new folder, still doesn't fix it - still only up to "E".

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?!

Thanks

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:08   #2
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Re: Most Odd - Folder only displaying certain folders

Sorted it

Right clicked on the drive and went to Properties.

Did the Error Checking

Sorted it

Thanks

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 17:18   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Most Odd - Folder only displaying certain folders

my pleasure.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote