User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:54   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Regarding Printers

I have 2 Printers.

A HPLaserjet 2300 & a HPLaserjet 2200.

I'm using Microsoft Word 2002, I have a document which as an image set as a watermark.

The document prints this watermark on the HPLaserJet 2200 but NOT on the Laserjet2300.

What do you think the issue is? I checked the Printer settings and there wasn't anything obvious, anyone expereinced this problem before? If so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 15:15   #2
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Regarding Printers

There are many possible reasons for this but I'll suggest a few to see if they help.

First of all, when you create a document it is setup to display properly only for the default printer (or which ever printer is chosen in page setup at that time). These settings get saved along with the document and is a common cause of formatting mismatches when documents that were saved on one system for a particular printer setup are printed on a different system with a different printer setup. To fix this usually requires going into the page setup and choosing the right printer & settings for the document.

The next thing I would be checking is that both printers are using the same printer language, this is usually going to be either PS (PostScript) or PCL. Each language handles the drawing of graphics in a radically different way and while you may find the document will print fine in one it will turn out completely different in the other. As the waternark is sent to the printer as a graphic you may need to change the settings somewhere to tell it to use raster graphics for all drawing in the printer properties.

The following Microsoft article describes an unrelated problem but may also give you an idea of where to start looking.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...US;286902&FR=1
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 12:14   #3
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Re: Regarding Printers

Thank you for your help.

I will certainly look into it but there is not such a rush of urgency now as the lady walked out on us yesterday

It was on the same system the only differences were the Laserjet 2200 was on a Network Point (Cat 5 cable) and the Laserjet 2300 was a local Firewire.

They both were PCL.

Thanks

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote