User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Oct 2013, 10:43   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
What has happened in the last few days? [From Suggestions Forum]

What actually happened in the last few days?

I got the impression from the forums that most of FaNG went into and then were kicked out of vacation mode by the PA team, emoed and then the universe roided them, tho from the roid gains it looks like they let CT through and deffed against Vikings.

Yet CT has only managed to get a 10k roid led on Vikings who have a 30mill+ value lead. Both are FR in setup yet Vikings probably have better anti FR because they have had incommings on a major scale to deal with for large parts of the round, plus Vikings has a far better defensive setup than CT.

So are FanG trying to kingmake the lost cause that is CT? Why back a dead rubber? If Vikings go roiding on CT in the final days the XP gains alone will push them miles clear and the roid lead of CT's will probably be wiped out in 2 days (if not 1). CT from history have very attack heavy fleets where as Vikings are more 50/50 in setup.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 10:52   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Self Destruction

lol kai, nice try
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 10:56   #3
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Im sure Vikings napped ct till end of round.

But we all know you cant trust them, so we will see I guess!
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 11:30   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Yes sorry i know its off topic sorry.

I didnt know Connovar, i genuinely havent paid any attention to anything going on for a few weeks. I was just presuming as to what was happening from what i had picked up on AD. Been too busy with nappies and baby feeds and writing stories to actually play the game to my normal level.

Was the vac mode thing correct? if worded from a different standpoint maybe
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 11:45   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Also if this is Vikings last round in PA why do they give a toss about relations? They can screw over CT without a care, they arent playing again, no retribution!!
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 12:47   #6
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What has happened in the last few days? [From Suggestions Forum]

Not exactly

Vikings/fang were at a stalemate, so agreed to stop and hit ct (ct were gaining on both fast).

Then vikings napped ct and went at fang with ct/vik/app/rock etc

Some fang went into vac mode when this happened.

Now all out and fang being hit hard
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 13:14   #7
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Yes sorry i know its off topic sorry.

I didnt know Connovar, i genuinely havent paid any attention to anything going on for a few weeks. I was just presuming as to what was happening from what i had picked up on AD. Been too busy with nappies and baby feeds and writing stories to actually play the game to my normal level.

Was the vac mode thing correct? if worded from a different standpoint maybe
Well, after I had returned home from a long day of digging soil profiles and working I found out viks had done the dirty on us, so I decided I would give up on the game but didn't want fang to lose score ( I didn't know I had incs, or that I would be removed from vac mode the following day automatically cus its the last week). There was a domino effect and some people decided to join me on vacation, we went to Cancun, and had a lovely time. OH and 1 guy emo quit cus we accidentally Sk'd the CT in his gal. The sks were leftovers from Viking raiding . I have talked him into returning to the flock though.

So I self exiled from my gal to piss off magnus, then went into vac mode, apologised to all my fellow fangers for putting trust in the Vikings, and said cya next round.

Then irv told me id be auto out of vac mode the next night. So I decided we would spend the last week having a bit of fun rather than grounding to cover the inevitable fang bang.

Does that clear it up?
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 15:03   #8
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Kaiba your story sounds pretty anti-CT biased.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 20:46   #9
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So are FanG trying to kingmake the lost cause that is CT? Why back a dead rubber? If Vikings go roiding on CT in the final days the XP gains alone will push them miles clear and the roid lead of CT's will probably be wiped out in 2 days (if not 1). CT from history have very attack heavy fleets where as Vikings are more 50/50 in setup.
Working on the assumption that because of how things turned out fang know they can't win.. Why would they care whether they're backing a winner or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiba
Also if this is Vikings last round in PA why do they give a toss about relations? They can screw over CT without a care, they arent playing again, no retribution!!
Because presumably the HC plan to HC again at some point whether under the same alliance name or not and if they burn bridges with other HC then a name change probably isn't going to do much to repair the damage.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 21:14   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post
Working on the assumption that because of how things turned out fang know they can't win.. Why would they care whether they're backing a winner or not?

Because presumably the HC plan to HC again at some point whether under the same alliance name or not and if they burn bridges with other HC then a name change probably isn't going to do much to repair the damage.
I think everyone knows that working with Vikings would be the last thing to do looking over all the bad attention theyve gotten over the last rounds.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 21:36   #11
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

butcher, people still work with you at times, despite you being one of the least honest and worthless people PA has ever had the misfortune of having our ranks.

so what makes you think that any opinion you bring to the table matters to anyone other than yourself?
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 22:25   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
butcher, people still work with you at times, despite you being one of the least honest and worthless people PA has ever had the misfortune of having our ranks.

so what makes you think that any opinion you bring to the table matters to anyone other than yourself?
Its not like People got a Choice when it comes to working With me, i just end up in a alliance or a Galaxy, and their round is basicly over

Unread 20 Oct 2013, 22:54   #13
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post

Generally speaking, alliances have fairly short memories in this game. after all, ppl work with anyone as long as they can see benefit from doing it. As for myself, i never expected to ever work with CT again after they had backstabbed VGN a couple of times in the 30's rounds... yet when i became HC in TGV halfway through r41, we worked with CT the very same round. And since then they have been pretty much the most honorable ally we've had, except maybe Apprime since r51.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2013, 14:31   #14
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
So are FanG trying to kingmake the lost cause that is CT?
doh!

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2013, 14:47   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I have to laugh at FAG in how they aren't able to hold their roids.
Unread 21 Oct 2013, 16:20   #16
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

It's piss poor form that alliances have to have early rd avoidance agreements, man the smurf up and grow a pair

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2013, 18:00   #17
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I have to laugh at FAG in how they aren't able to hold their roids.
We didn't try. Whats the point if your not going to win in putting all the effort in?

We are having fun though
Unread 21 Oct 2013, 23:43   #18
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I noticed alot of the CT caths have been stockpiling

Any theories?
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 01:06   #19
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Maybe they are going on vacation
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 04:52   #20
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I noticed alot of the CT caths have been stockpiling

Any theories?
Hiding score to assure they seemed less of a threat to Vikings, and previously FAnG. Rough calculations i did show they were about 3.5m ahead yesterday.

Unread 22 Oct 2013, 06:12   #21
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Generally speaking, alliances have fairly short memories in this game. after all, ppl work with anyone as long as they can see benefit from doing it. As for myself, i never expected to ever work with CT again after they had backstabbed VGN a couple of times in the 30's rounds... yet when i became HC in TGV halfway through r41, we worked with CT the very same round. And since then they have been pretty much the most honorable ally we've had, except maybe Apprime since r51.
Yeah I'm not saying anyone's going to be committing to a blood oath of revenge over a broken NAP, but if you screw someone over then they're going to be less willing to work with you in the future, more likely to break their own promises to you, and side with your opponents when the cost is marginal.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2013, 08:36   #22
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Quote:
Hiding score to assure they seemed less of a threat to Vikings, and previously FAnG. Rough calculations i did show they were about 3.5m ahead yesterday.
Oh good, the best alliance is winning this round then
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 06:47   #23
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And since then they have been pretty much the most honorable ally we've had, except maybe Apprime since r51.
Unlike yourself

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 10:37   #24
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Vikings and honour don't go together in the same sentence Inf
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 10:44   #25
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
i will just leave this here!!! :P
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 11:02   #26
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

New suggestions for EORC Awards:

- Most friendly ally
- Ally with most fairplay
- Most active player in AD
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 11:09   #27
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Loving this!

Vikings sit and let apprime win = that's wrong

Vikings take the fight to ct and hopefully beat then = that's wrong

Everyone talks about honour and integrity on here but at some point you have all screwed over someone to get somewhere in the game.

The vilifying of Vikings is getting beyond the joke now, just cos rex is black...,
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 11:52   #28
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Loving this!

Vikings sit and let apprime win = that's wrong

Vikings take the fight to ct and hopefully beat then = that's wrong

Everyone talks about honour and integrity on here but at some point you have all screwed over someone to get somewhere in the game.

The vilifying of Vikings is getting beyond the joke now, just cos rex is black...,
Most allies with respect for themself would rarely make agreements they know they will break the terms of.
Round long NAP deals, with the promise that you will hold is something most people would think ling and hard on before comiting their word to.
Eventualy you will have to step on someones feets to get somewhere, but looking on how Vikings has done their politics the last weeks makes you wonder if they live in another univers where this is normal, or that they simply dont know what to do.

Unread 25 Oct 2013, 12:52   #29
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

tbh if influence came to us and said they want to drop the nap the last couple of days then we would of accepted it as the chances would be high that they drop it anyway.

When there is an agreement in place its only right that you speak to the other party about it.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 17:57   #30
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post

When there is an agreement in place its only right that you speak to the other party about it.
That does not seem to be the Vikings way
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2013, 19:32   #31
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
if you werent black they probably wouldnt be acting like villains duh
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2013, 03:11   #32
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
tbh if influence came to us and said they want to drop the nap the last couple of days then we would of accepted it as the chances would be high that they drop it anyway.

Beside the fact i stepped down from politics midround, it really wasn't clear we would be dropping the NAP until thursday. Like i said in another thread just now: in my personal opinion Vikings should have approached CT about dropping the nap gracefully after it became apparent that FAnG wasn't putting up the fight that we(both CT and Vikings) expected.

Unread 27 Oct 2013, 03:25   #33
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Most allies with respect for themself would rarely make agreements they know they will break the terms of.
Round long NAP deals, with the promise that you will hold is something most people would think ling and hard on before comiting their word to.
Eventualy you will have to step on someones feets to get somewhere, but looking on how Vikings has done their politics the last weeks makes you wonder if they live in another univers where this is normal, or that they simply dont know what to do.
a) The agreement with we had with Apprime in r51 was discussed at length before it was agreed upon.
b) The only agreement we have really broken in the past 5 rounds was this last one with CT. The incidents that have happened earlier in this round have their roots in misunderstandings between actors on the meta stage. I'll be making another long round summary sometime tomorrow in which i will try to get into the various incidents and what happened and why.
c) To get somewhere you have to make moves indeed. In executing these moves you are bound to butt heads with one alliance or the other. Generally speaking the intent of the moves will be to butt heads with the most hostile alliances. However, this can't allways be done and sometimes friendlies get in the way of ones goals. This is something that cannot be avoided in the end. And at the end of the line you only have a choice of accepting the results of your own moves. (and try to learn from the bad ones)

Unread 27 Oct 2013, 10:29   #34
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I really wouldn't bother, Influence, the trolls on here disregard any sort of reasoning. You could say that Blue Car is blue, and the trolls would argue that it's clearly green.

AD is a place for pathetic sad people who have nothing better to do other than speculative trolling.

You think Vikings are shit, you're probably right, but do we give a shit? No.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2013, 10:39   #35
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Basically what Clouds is saying is that anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion is clearly a troll.
Unread 27 Oct 2013, 10:51   #36
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

English clearly is not your first language as that's not what I said.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote