User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions > Departing PA Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Nov 2004, 06:16   #1
F0rk
Pronged Utensil

F0rk will become famous soon enoughF0rk will become famous soon enough
Fork off

Have given this a long and hard thought but I have decided to retire from pa. Is due to real life, but hastened up by breaking a bone in my foot. I was 95% sure of retiring at the end of the round anyways. I am off to stay with family and they would get annoyed if I kept up current irc activities. Will be running my own business in 2005 and will have little time to get online so r13 also very doubtful.

I have played in every round since r4 so have a lot of great memories of pa. I have only ever been in 3 alliances (Fury, Eclipse and MISTU) and am very proud in the way that each alliance I played in has operated so feel lucky to have been part of each.

I would like to thank Technicoloryawn(Chris), RealJames(Jim), Isambard(Tom) and Rimmerz(Si) for getting me hooked on this game way back in early 2001. Have really enjoyed nearly 4 years of such a great game; sad to go but life moves on.

Thank you Fury for a great time r5 to r8. Just to settle it once and for all, R5 Wrath (Fury recruitment wing) was the best, just ask Zhil. I make it at least 25 planets in Wrath in the top 100 that round -> http://www.caeneus.org/planetarion/round5planets.html Not bad for a recruitment wing. Shame the alliance disbanded but c'est la vie. At least I got to spill lager all over Copie at the Fury meet in London. (The meet where Sid fell asleep and had twat written on his forehead by Cryptic)

The next three rounds was an interesting time in Eclipse. Some of the same crowd, coupled with new blood. Was a great ideal! Thanks go to Focht, KillGhost, Rob, Zhil, Rob, Olrik for entrusting me as an HC. Also will aways remember QueenDax in Eclipse as you were awesome. I spent too many hours online but was well worth it and there was much enjoyment to be had. Best was R10 averaging 19-20hrs online a day. I remember all too well all those silly fake FI or FR attacks with Outcast. The battereports had us larfing all morning. I'll also never forget the defence team we had in R9.5 and R10 as you guys were awesome. The members were also very lively which added to the enjoyment. Sometimes too lively. Making a statement against an over lively Eclipse member kept my planet alive in a LDK dominated R9.5: http://www.caeneus.org/planetarion/round9.5planets.html Who the hell is going to go near Dreadnought's underpants :P

My final 3 rounds have been in MISTU. Was a concept that had been on the cards since 2002 but finally came into fruition in r10.5. Was great to work alongside RealJames, adastra and Rimmerz in running an alliance we had dreamt about since r4/5. Have never looked back on this project. Sorry that I am retiring but real life calls. Would like to thank all members and officers here aswell as the HC for being such a great bunch. I wish you all the best for the future. I will pop into #mistu from time to time to say hello. Great tech in this ally from adastra and nice tools from Toon and Xalibur. Still didn't get the hang of them all but to be expected as am a techie n00b.

Cheers also to a bunch of galmates that stuck together for many rounds, until the pure private galaxy setup in pa was abolished. Was always in a galaxy with people from the start, mainly people I went to University with, and a few people we picked up along the way. The week before r9 started we had 7/10 of our gal meet up for a drinking session (lasted a week) at RJ's place in Manchester such was the loyality of these people and that included 2 people flying over from Norway. We all signed up from RJ's flat so had to tell pa crew what was going on. Will always remember loyal galmates of RealJames, Isambard, Rimmerz, Santrie, Ifa, genclay, fanny, Grim|, whiskey, Leya and Ebany. I remember Isambard (was @ uni in Manchester) meeting Leya (from Finland) in p25 channel in round 4 and then Leya joining our gal r5 onwards. Congratulations again to you two getting married this year!! I hope you continue to flourish within MISTU.

Finally, thanks to the people that have crossed paths over the last four years (too many to mention sorry). Has been a very enjoyable part of my life. I am still game for going camping on i events so long as Forest promises to keep his trouser snake at bay if I pass out in a bit of a drunken state (was close but I woke up in time). Will join netgamers from time to time so hope to see a lot of you still there. Also want to show a quick recognition to pa team/crew for creating this addictive but wonderful game; thanks guys.

Kind Regards,

Fork
r10.5, r11, r12: MISTU
F0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 06:20   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fork off

Fork, you rule. Best wishes "out there".

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 06:36   #3
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

bad forky
*sniff*
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 07:25   #4
Isambard

Isambard is an unknown quantity at this point

And PA loses another genuinely nice guy.

I remember playing pa with Si since round 4, for many rounds he was my GC. He has always been an excellent player, but more than that, he has always been a great guy!

Best of luck with everything.
Isambard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 08:16   #5
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Well Si, you'll be dearly missed by those who you leave behind and I know what it must feel like. I do believe that like me your time in the game had been and gone. You were a great galmate, GC, fellow officer and fellow HC, but above all were and still are a good friend. Best of luck with the business, I'm sure it'll be a success.

That party at my flat was certainly a memorable one, it's just as well the admins knew in advance we were doing it because of so many planets signing up from the same IP. It was just a development on the many times that half our galaxy would go out clubbing in R5 etc. and then go to the computer clusters at UMIST (yes, UMIST is where MISTU comes from) to launch attacks before going for a kebab at 3am. MISTU was definitely a community like no other and is my fond memory of many rounds of PA.

See you around Si, especially at i23 no doubt, so long as Forest isn't threatening to be too horny.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 08:41   #6
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point

omg i knew one day i would see this but not on a permenant case though! You are and always will be someone who i have been happy to have meet and glad i got to play with in pa. Even though i dont play any more i still like ot come around to see people and you will be one i will truley miss I hope you get well and even if you dont play anymore games feel free to send a mail to say hi anytime Just poke rj for the info heheh il send in a pm to ya anyhoo many hugs and much luck with your new found buiness...

will miss ya dearly
QD
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 09:12   #7
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

ill be very sad to see you go mate,enjoyede my times in mistu with you and the talks we had duing the round have fun and hope to talk to you on irc soon

regards
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 10:44   #8
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Sad to see you go. I guess we didn't talk as much as we could have :S

Anyways have fun in rl

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 11:14   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Awww :-(

Everyone keeps leaving.

Was great getting to know you and meeting you, just glad to here you are still up for drunken antics in Newbury from time to time - after all, someone has to restrain RJ when he gets gets pissed and thinks he's a horse and can jump fences as well as a horse. Sad to see you leaving though.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 12:11   #10
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
after all, someone has to restrain RJ when he gets gets pissed and thinks he's a horse and can jump fences as well as a horse. Sad to see you leaving though.
rofl

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 09:17   #11
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

F0rk,

it was good fun playing alongside and too bad to see u leave.
you are a good guy. Have fun with the other stuff.

greetz,
Rudmer

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:42   #12
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

bye bye F0rk

gl in rl with ur buisness

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 14:14   #13
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Cya Fork, was nice knowing you while it lasted

Gl in real life with your business..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 13:47   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I only found out that you broke your foot today. That sucks.

I would like to thank you for your dedication and loyalty as a member during the rounds we worked together. You were/are one of my star members that came from the Wrath project, and I'm glad that the decision to promote you was not proven wrong It was great getting to meet you at the Fury meet, even though you did get rather drunk and I had to pretend I knew what you were going on about with some talk about Wrath and Fury. :P

We have had our differences over the last three rounds, but you are still by far the one chap who remained a true and honest friend. It's been an honour Fork and good luck in your future life. Just try and keep in touch incase we actually manage to arrange a 1up meet in London and you can come

Feel the Fury,

David "Zhil" Payton

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 17:44   #15
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

in a bit m8

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 14:52   #16
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Wishing you all the best for the future Mr Button-Moon

Miss the Eclipse days

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 14:38   #17
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

was nice knowing you (tho for a short period) GL with RL and your comming business.

/me salutes
- nanomatrix
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 14:49   #18
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well Fork its bin a while since ive spoke to you.. as im sure you like it that way anyway it was a pleasure being in Eclipse with you and following you as a HC. Gud luck in real life mate and pop by on irc from time to time if you can just to say hi, or on these forums. Youll be missed my old boss. Cya around

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 15:16   #19
Vasquez
-Retard-

Vasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these parts

ciao forky!

you certainly missed out on the horse jumping antics, but still always next time! see you around fella!
George Bush visited East London where i live recently. He was interviewed by a couple of children selected from local schools. One of the questions, asked by a 10year old lad, was "Whats the White House like"

The most powerful man in the world who regularly faces some of the toughest questioning in the world by the best journalists answered........

"It is White"
Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 16:10   #20
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Forkeh \o/ my lasting memory of u is u passed out on imy's floor man :| but welcoem to retirement