User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 14 Dec 2005, 15:34   #1
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
odd hd situation

Does this make sense to anyone? Have you come across a similar situation?

I built this PC back in June. In July I started getting BSODs, SCSI Kernal Data Inpage Error or something; tech sites were suggesting such things as loose cables or bad connectors on the SATA HD. The crashes got more frequent so I put in an IDE HD too with the intention of salvaging data from the SATA HD before returning it for a replacement.

Strange thing happened though, having an IDE in there too, the errors stopped so I just left it. The OS is on the SATA, so is the swapfile, the IDE was just used as somewhere to dump downloads. It worked fine for months and I forgot all about it until earlier this week when I decided to remove the IDE HD to use in another PC. You guessed it, without an IDE HD in there, the BSODs have returned.

I've now put an ancient 4gb hd in there just to try and stop the crashes. It hasn't been long enough yet to say whether this has worked. I just couldn't help feeling as I did so that this was more of a "superstitious" solution than one based on fact.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote