User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 12:57   #1
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Arrow How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

i'm talking about the ones who select the target galaxies every night. how far will they go to (im not saying abuse their position but rather to) favour a certain - maybe their onw - galaxy ?

here is what i witnessed this round:

so i'm sitting in this low profile vom galaxy tho we aren't doing too bad score/roid wise. the main reason for that is that we weren't attacked yet... until today. as it happens we aren't under attack by just anyone, no it's one of the top galaxies.

now what i'm wondering is: are certain gals left alone on purpose so the top gal have juicy targets around they can pick on and do u think that fair game on the rest of their block ?

now i'm not claimimng that this is all in fact true - could just be a coincidence. then again we are dealing with ppl who have spent 9 rounds playing this game and who know all the lil tricks to succeed over almost equally good galaxies...

...my 0.02€
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:01   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I rarely pick a target for my bg that I cant take at least one target in. Being one of the larger members it would be a bit stupid for me to sit home and not be attacking.

But I dont seach for the gal with 2 perfect targets for me, take them, then open the raid and say 'fk the rest'. It is a team thing afterall.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:26   #3
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Re: How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
i'm talking about the ones who select the target galaxies every night. how far will they go to (im not saying abuse their position but rather to) favour a certain - maybe their onw - galaxy ?

so i'm sitting in this low profile vom galaxy tho we aren't doing too bad score/roid wise. the main reason for that is that we weren't attacked yet... until today. as it happens we aren't under attack by just anyone, no it's one of the top galaxies.

now what i'm wondering is: are certain gals left alone on purpose so the top gal have juicy targets around they can pick on and do u think that fair game on the rest of their block ?

now i'm not claimimng that this is all in fact true - could just be a coincidence. then again we are dealing with ppl who have spent 9 rounds playing this game and who know all the lil tricks to succeed over almost equally good galaxies...

...my 0.02€
My gal hasnt been on the top score wise (lurking around 80-100) but it has been quite high roid wise. For some strange reason we were one of the last vom gals to get hit consider we had lots of roids. And now when we finally get hit its one of the top gals that does the first wave... (except for the crappy income we had yesterday heh)
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:43   #4
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

i see a pattern emerging... not that this is of any help to anyone tho
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:50   #5
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
My gal hasnt been on the top score wise (lurking around 80-100) but it has been quite high roid wise. For some strange reason we were one of the last vom gals to get hit consider we had lots of roids. And now when we finally get hit its one of the top gals that does the first wave... (except for the crappy income we had yesterday heh)
Well, it is wrong to let your top gays take top hostile gal. Probably not. Saving up target for them to hit seems like a bad tactic especially as even within the block there are so many topgals who might claim the target anyways.

What I seem to look at is that the narsweetfz combo hits sevral para's as theri main effort. Everything in those para's is hit not looking wheteher it is vvomm or not. Because this is not enough additional hostile targets are added. They are often juice but not nescesarily only the top gals. It seem more what is needed at the time. So a good gal in a para not hit fully yet could have had the luck to survive. but by now just about all para's must have had at least one hit, several two full hits even. Off course a narswwetfz BC could probably give any indication is this is about right.

hAl
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:55   #6
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Re: Re: How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
we probably havent known it was vom then. and left it alone untill now.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 14:49   #7
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
I find it kinda amusing how WEET has the very helpful attitude of letting planets in sub 350-gals tag along when ranked 11 and 16 gals attack, heh.
Oh and the "oh crap you were'nt in our arbiter, we'll recall now that you mention it" (we=NaR)
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 15:01   #8
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
I find it kinda amusing how WEET has the very helpful attitude of letting planets in sub 350-gals tag along when ranked 11 and 16 gals attack, heh.
Oh and the "oh crap you were'nt in our arbiter, we'll recall now that you mention it" (we=NaR)
don't tell me you're 1 bit surprised heh

to the point of this thread.. i doubt any top gal will really attack another top gal as chance of having defence is quite big... (you don't make top for nuthin) and they don't wanna loose fleets (same goes for me btw) once newsies come i'm sure the top gals will take higher ranking gals as targets aswell
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 15:02   #9
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Well, it is wrong to let your top gays take top hostile gal.
Oi! Watch yer mouth boyo some people might get offended
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 15:09   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
In my para at least, its a 1st come 1st served basis, which is why the remaining big gals are snapped up. my target today had 6 xans in :/
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 15:34   #11
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Its probably what stress says, you weren't considered vom or hostile enough to attack or your p/c hasn't been targeted yet.
I dont believe alliances save juicy gals for their top gals, gals probably pick themselves out of a choice of gals in a certain para/cluster which their respective alliances want to attack, you can probably assume that the top gals have better targetpickers :P
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 15:35   #12
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

Quote:
Originally posted by black-eyed boy
Oi! Watch yer mouth boyo some people might get offended
Actually I wanted to say: Is it wrong to let your top guysd take a top hostile gal ?

hAl
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:22   #13
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: How far will alliance Mil Commanders go ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
we probably havent known it was vom then. and left it alone untill now.
Nah, some gals were claimed, but not launched on, so they can be recruited into WeeT
This happened to 1 ' Ex VoM' gal for sure
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:42   #14
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Do you have any idea how much time the average Military Officer puts into the alliance? The very least they deserve is a nice target.

-Necro
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:51   #15
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
Do you have any idea how much time the average Military Officer puts into the alliance? The very least they deserve is a nice target.
granted. but do they actually exploit their powers to the extent I described ? i'm not saying that it wouldn't be the work of a mastermind
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 16:51   #16
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

-Necro
Correct. But he is asking if you ever get a "No you can't attack them tonight, because they're for my gal tomorrow" sort of situation.

And I've never seen it happen, people just pick what is best for them that night, without worrying about booking days in advance. I'm 99% sure it doesn't happen in any alliance/block too, since it's just greed and wouldn't be tolerated by anyone.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 17:11   #17
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

-Necro
The average Military Officer is a ****ing slacker who doesn't do ****. It's the few dedicated blokes who actually 'deserve' something. Though in my ever so humble opinion they volunteered for the job, so they're entitled to exactly dick all. Though I also think the Military dept. should lead the alliance, in which case they can do whatever the hell they want

Jester
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 17:21   #18
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past
well -hmmm --

I'm sure it does happen sometimes -- But I also agree that by taking the responsibility of organizing defense/attack and the work load they have to cover, that they should also get a few (not a lot) perks for the hc positions...

One of the reason I'm proud of Vision - is because on one night I watched several of our high command arrange defense for players - and then when they too got attacked they were without defense themselves.. they had already used the resources (and had been concentrating on taking care of everyone they could) that when it finally came to themselves - they had only their own fleet left to work with -- Many of Vision's HC took a beating that night, but they also earned my respect!

In the Uber-war's this round there is obviously no way to cover enough defense for everyone at all...

Oh and a side note -- no I am not an HC -- just a lowly peon in the ranks -- an experienced peon - but a peon just the same..

Remby
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 19:31   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
I pick the best targets for my alliance pure and simple, sur eif my gal wants a target i'll tyr to find a suitbale one etc, but it wont get priority over any gal/bg etc wanting a target

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 20:33   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
'perk of the job'
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:04   #21
fr0sterN

fr0sterN is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

well.. I dont really think the target thingy is so organized as one of our dear VOMM members pointed out it migth be.

truly the trouble theese days is getting enough noobs to play PA.
...only because they now are doin the p2p thingy (witch they have done for some while...)

it would be easy'er for fair play to find its way in if there where more ppl playing and not all of them as skilled as the once played today... <-- this would create more medium and small sized gals (with roids and score in mind..)
and this would provide with more targets for everyone. not making VOMM or anyone else feel "hunted"...

...could some of this be true ?

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:44   #22
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

-Necro

join our side..we got plenty of good targets
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 01:41   #23
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough
Back when I used to do this sort of thing, I awlays chose and gave targets out by using math.. the amont of roids was not the primary concern. Then again I am not greedy, I perfer to see my organization succeed over my personal score.
Silk_311x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 02:18   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

...my 0.02€
The level of trust between TEENWAR isn't large enough, they would take them the day after or whatever and then your 'candy' is gone.

No way.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 22:01   #25
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

That doesn't happen within NaR, ofc I cannot speak for WEET, but I would highly doubt it. I imagine the reason your galaxy had not been attacked was due to either a 'low profile' where you haven't attacked any major nar/weet galaxies much, maybe concentrating on non-alligned and thus hadn't been marked as 'hostile', or because you have someone in your galaxy who was giving you protection until now.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 00:18   #26
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough
Mcs are so nice DDDD
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 01:51   #27
Yaroslav
Whooopaa!

Yaroslav can only hope to improve
I smell a Riley man somewhere....
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 04:14   #28
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

on a side: note it's funny to see the reactions of the ppl who are (supposedly) in that galaxy...

but as theamion said - the cooperation between narweet might not be big enough. tho maybe there are ways around that like puting a hostile gal into the arbiter ?!?