User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Sep 2005, 12:27   #1
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
[Discuss] Free Planets - once again !

i wrote something in a thread on planetarion discussions where i got an interesting reply from JohnnyBGood. The initial topic from forest was about that small planets get waved to death and my opinion (which you can read below this in the quote) is that the rootcause of this is the smallplanetbase and nothing else.

I know this sort of discussion has been done here thoundsands of times. But every blind man with a not working brain should have worked out by now that the drop of planets is on a dangerous level.
And its NOT cause of the summberbreak, there was never a round in summer with such a significant loss of planets which came back in the round after (i think atlesat :P). Because of that i would want to open this again for discussion :

My Suggestion :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator

I only see a bigger planetbase to get out of this mess. Atlesat back to like round 8 (6k planets if im not mistaken) This again means maybe new rules on the freebie planets or whatever.

I personally would say (tho this is an old topic and jolt wont do anything in that direction anyways) :

Why not making the universe looking like this :
Random = free and all research/construction.
Paid = Private galaxies + a 4th fleet just for ingal defense or some other kind of a nice bonus.

I personally would pay for such and advantage and i bet alot others too. And also i bet there will be a higher planetbase after 2 or 3 of such rounds.

Jonny“s reply :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The real problem here is that this would almost certainly lead to less income for at least two rounds for PA. This leads to the questions of a) whether or not jolt can afford this and b) whether or not jolt would want to risk this. Maybe an extensive advertising campaign would help (PA, free again!) but again this would cost money. It's a concept I'd hope someone involved in either pateam or jolt is looking at though.

Please discuss again because something MUST be done or the game is soon gone.
(rhymes FTW)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 12:43   #2
Jeo
Fox

Jeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Discuss] Free Planets - once again !

imo i think that really is such a good idea i can see it from Jolts point of view but if they dont do something soon and risk it all then they are going to have nothing left to risk cause people will just lose interest in the game because it will always end the same and the bigger planets will just run away with it meaning that smaller less active peopel will ose all interest and im guessing that alot of people are just not guna come back for the next round because of how 'quite' this one has been.

thats my imo its only an opinion but i think you have a point there, whether jolt admit it or not pa is going down the toilet and something risky needs to be done to attract new players.
Jeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 13:37   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Discuss] Free Planets - once again !

Basically the current concept of Planetarion as a "free game" is rubbish.

Look at www.hattrick.org to get in touch with a working concept for a free game.