User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2005, 17:03   #101
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Orbit - The poster boys for failure

Legator its a war game
Get over it
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 17:11   #102
Brug
Communist

Brug is on a distinguished road

Legator,

No, its not normal.

And I do not approve it.

My only point is, don't always blame Orbit
[r19-r21]- Orbit
[What Rnd is this?]- Orbit

Let war only exist in games
Brug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 17:20   #103
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brug
Legator,

No, its not normal.

And I do not approve it.

My only point is, don't always blame Orbit
you got a point there, and its surely NOT only orbit, i said it in a wrong way maybe as i just think its really shite for the newer players in my galaxy who are really motivated, dont want them to leave.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 22:25   #104
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
It was you.
So i must say, get your own alliance straight before you comment on others that do the same, if not better (Orbit was lower ranked than u and hitting same size targets).
F-Crew hit t50 gals, they have hit mine mroe than once in the ~17 days I've been there, so no, they don't hit small gals

Last edited by _Kila_; 4 Dec 2005 at 22:34.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:16   #105
GeenPorem

GeenPorem has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think wakey makes a lotta sense, however hes making 2 mistakes

1st. he shuldnt ve picked orbit as a sole example. By doing that he did get the discussion he wanted, but his pointe got lost, and the discussion got the wrong focus.

2nd. u suggest there is some underlying ethics in this game that allies are supposed to follow. however: small unexperienced allies do not know about these ethics. Big allies do know about it, but are not obliged to live by them, because they follow their own rules. (I can quote u if u like)

The combination of these 2 weakens wakeys point alot. other than that, i agree with him. So lemme try to shift the focus to what i think this thread shuld be about.

Alliances shuld never do 5 waves, the defenders of 1st wave will get fleetcaught. That wuld be a run or die situation. Of course theres the occasional fake attacks. so 3 real waves shuld prolly be a max. not much roid gain in 3rd wave neway.
As for planet values: its better to attack bigger planets, that goes especially for small allies, couse they cant keep their roids neway. However, its impossible to check up on all members. Also if members have a wrong fleet composition, or all good targets are taken, they can only attack at the lower end of their bash limit.
piggybacking: I think we are forgetting fake flak in this discussion.

i think wakey has a good point, but... from the attackers side or the story it often makes sense too. And im not even talking about 2 allies landing in the same gal (and that seems to happen to orbit alot).
Is there nething ive missed, Wakey?
GeenPorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:11   #106
ReGuL8eR
ReGuL8eRs HC/Co-founder

ReGuL8eR is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or is this thread starting to get really boring!!!!
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:51   #107
GeenPorem

GeenPorem has a little shameless behaviour in the past

lol
its threads like this that culd start wars, i guess
GeenPorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 03:57   #108
ReGuL8eR
ReGuL8eRs HC/Co-founder

ReGuL8eR is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true i suppose!
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 19:36   #109
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

bah tbh i think the vast majority of allies are doing this, last night i had a lovely 6 waves (3 landed and capped, 1 landed and got 100% frozen and a few kills just on my lonesome without building ships, n00b , the other one made a random pull free to land without def) the 5th wave, which was the second to land, consisted of no less than 3 fleets from planets of a combined value of about 1.4mill, the composition was 304 des, 610 crui, and 370 bs... this all on a 400k value cath with 334 roids... i know the alliance but wont name and shame for the sheer fact its gonna start another bitching contest, but its a rank 11-20 ally.
Just shows what these allys think is a worthwhile attack, 25 roids each they got roughly. n00bs
oh and the attack was on a gal ranked outside the top 100, suprise suprise
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked

Last edited by The_Mad_Keg; 5 Dec 2005 at 19:45.
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 22:30   #110
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Yawn, my little 230k Value planet was worth 11 orbit fleets last night .

All the planets who launched had more than double my value heh.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 08:21   #111
PoSSeSSeD

PoSSeSSeD can only hope to improve

Quote:
Tweaker Yawn, my little 230k Value planet was worth 11 orbit fleets last night .

You are a liar and you are stirring shit....