User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Apr 2004, 21:59   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Shame on you!

A new player(paying) starts to play, he buys about 300 roids his score rises, he gets familiar to the game and his gal mates, suddenly he gets incoming from top 100 gals and he asks for advise what to do?

My only advice would be like: join an alliance…..
The “big boys” ignore him and point him to the few alliances who do take in newbies…

He joins but still get incoming as soon he gets over 300 roids and his new allie are to small to cover all their members incoming. He goes back to the “big” boys to see if they can make an exception and take him in… This time they laugh him in the face and tell him to f…. off

He leaves to play another game…

When are the entire alliance base gone take the responsibility of new players.
They are fast when it comes to suggest/demand changes to this game but not when it comes to “new blood”

This game is sinking itself only for the reason it can’t take care of the community even tho the community are built on the alliance spirit.

Now when the player base is this low it’s even more obvious how fast the universe becomes an A and B team – A new player don’t have a chance to grow cos the “big” players are on him faster then a pay check leaves home.

This round I choose to go random (no alliance belonging) and have been in numerous gals only for the reason to get a close picture on how the new players react and believe me it’s not a pretty picture!
So many leaves because they get stupid amounts of incoming every night and all the major alliances reject their applications.
We all play on the same arena but at the same time not…

Shame on you!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 22:46   #2
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Shame on you!

I know it's a problem, but how exactly do we propose to 'fix' it?

As far as I'm aware, FAnG/Phraktos/Mistu have pretty much strolled this round simply by blocking with each other, and NAPping with most of the universe. With no true intra-alliance war to be going with, they just roid the n00bs and grow, and there's not that much the n00bs can do back. I for one have had 32 hostile incoming fleets so far this round (Yes, I'm sad enough to count ) Whilst most of the FAnGers I know and have talked to have had anywhere from 0-5.

The skill is being taken out of the game in an orgy of n00b bashing whilst the guys up top know they're almost immune. It's the old block argument :/
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 22:49   #3
Anaram

Anaram is infamous around these partsAnaram is infamous around these parts

Roiding newbies was way too easily the superior option to roiding experienced players with a decent alliance. On the other hand, 100 member limit for alliances, and the impossibility for free planets to get decent ETA quickly means that these people are up for grabs.

Random universe is more supportive for free people, private universe is more supportive of the old players returning as far as I can see.

Once a long time back I got an idea on how alliance system could support newbies in a random round: impose limits on numbers of members like presently, but make it such that you can "recruit" from galaxies where you got people already.
1 player of an alliance in a galaxy counts as 1
2 counts as 1
3 counts as 2
4 counts as 2

Alliances would mostly land just 1 player in a galaxy anyway, and that would allow them to recruit 1 player from each of those galaxies their players land in (without hitting the alliance size limit). Sometimes they'd get 2 or 3 or 4 in one galaxy, but that should even out quite nicely anyway...

In any case, if the game system seriously encouraged alliances to take new players in, I'm sure at least some would.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 23:12   #4
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

you know whats the problem

P2P

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 23:40   #5
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Every round it’s the same problem, alliances would walk thru fire to win, backstabbing, block, bashing etc.
Every round the creators ask around witch changes the players(HC:s) would like to see and every round we lose players – dah!

I know the alliances are the glow that make this community stay together but at the same time they never take the responsibility for anything accept the urge to win.
In a perfect universe that would be ok but as it is today they need to accept new players and teach them the game!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 23:58   #6
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

well yeah if it continues like this in about 2/3 rounds FPM will be the only guys playing.......

ow yeah vision has taken in several "newbies"
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 00:10   #7
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaram
Once a long time back I got an idea on how alliance system could support newbies in a random round: impose limits on numbers of members like presently, but make it such that you can "recruit" from galaxies where you got people already.
1 player of an alliance in a galaxy counts as 1
2 counts as 1
3 counts as 2
4 counts as 2

Alliances would mostly land just 1 player in a galaxy anyway, and that would allow them to recruit 1 player from each of those galaxies their players land in (without hitting the alliance size limit). Sometimes they'd get 2 or 3 or 4 in one galaxy, but that should even out quite nicely anyway...

In any case, if the game system seriously encouraged alliances to take new players in, I'm sure at least some would.
Hmm, something like this might actually reach two goals at once: people would have an incentive to go random and they would have an incentive to recruit new (at least random) players.

But it will not change the same guys and gals getting roided all the time. When you make yourself a target by initting too many roids, you get targetted. Maybe it should be made more rewarding to hit bigger players (there's no real incentive nowadays, oke, you can get extra XP, but who cares about XP as in the end it's value that most decides the score you get).
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 00:23   #8
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
I know it's a problem, but how exactly do we propose to 'fix' it?

As far as I'm aware, FAnG/Phraktos/Mistu have pretty much strolled this round simply by blocking with each other, and NAPping with most of the universe.

not entirely true....when fpm blocked eclipse was still in contention so the blocks seemed pretty fair, fang/mistu/phraktos, two untested new alliances vs ely, eclipse, vsn, lch.

but the problem is not blocks, private gals kill any chance of new players getting into the "big" alliances. most newbies don't have the connections or the vouches to get in. and most alliances will not risk accepting ppl with no history. in public gals, at least newbies get a chance to interract with ppl who know how to play and in turn, they may get vouches and support needed to get admission into the bigger alliances.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 00:43   #9
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Not true.
FAnG was going to take more newbie.
WE even ran a Recruitment Wing to teach and watch few new player, of course because alliance were limited to 100, we had to stop this and we took less new player than what we wanted to take,
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 02:04   #10
MotoX
Stolen

Keep to the subject people!

PA is soon dead, all because everyone needed so bad to win!

All forgot about the foundation of the game – to have fun and/or win.

As it seems now all are here to win or die – many have left and yet new people leave cos is no use to play!

If the alliances don’t care it’s up to the creators (owners) to step in!
Make some changes so the new players don’t leave!
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 02:33   #11
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

What killed PA? I'll tell ya. People liek you who gave newbies the impression they had rights. Who let them think they somehow deserved special treatment. As long as they expected to be bashed everynight, they loved the game \o/. But as soon as they start to think they should be treated special like, its whine whine whine till they quit. Stupid peons. Then they start quitting and theres fewer roids in the game and less fun for real players.

Noobs ruined PA. The also killed the economy, raised gas prices, shot kennedy, started wwII, blew up the hindinburg, and are responsible for the burmuda triangle.

So boo on you and down with the uppity noobs!
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 06:33   #12
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Keep to the subject people!

PA is soon dead, all because everyone needed so bad to win!

All forgot about the foundation of the game – to have fun and/or win.

As it seems now all are here to win or die – many have left and yet new people leave cos is no use to play!

If the alliances don’t care it’s up to the creators (owners) to step in!
Make some changes so the new players don’t leave!
atleast its one of the biggest reasons.

i was a freebie planet in a freebie galaxy, we got incomings from gals 4 to 5 times bigger than us - not just taking roids and also taking structures. Wolfpack, LCH, Fang and others ( i wont name all here) took em....i ask myself if they dont have better targets......now i know how newbies feel if they join the game, through the arrogance and the winning of all costs of many players/hcs they are forced to quit again.

this people didnt and wont ever learn, even at a stage where like 1000 planets are playing.

your all a big laugh.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 07:20   #13
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
What killed PA? I'll tell ya. People liek you who gave newbies the impression they had rights. Who let them think they somehow deserved special treatment. As long as they expected to be bashed everynight, they loved the game \o/. But as soon as they start to think they should be treated special like, its whine whine whine till they quit. Stupid peons. Then they start quitting and theres fewer roids in the game and less fun for real players.

Noobs ruined PA. The also killed the economy, raised gas prices, shot kennedy, started wwII, blew up the hindinburg, and are responsible for the burmuda triangle.

So boo on you and down with the uppity noobs!
THis was really one of the worst attempts to make a funny post I've ever seen
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 08:02   #14
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

im glad you enjoyed it.... originally it was halfway serious, but i decided i didnt want to put up with the 'oh you evil person' crap, so i tried to make it funny.

sue me if it failed.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 08:18   #15
Frisky

Frisky is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was amusing.
Maybe he is drunk.
I am and it seems to help.
Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:23   #16
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It made me smile as well especially as there's an element of truth in there.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:21   #17
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
A new player(paying) starts to play, he buys about 300 roids his score rises, he gets familiar to the game and his gal mates, suddenly he gets incoming from top 100 gals and he asks for advise what to do?

My only advice would be like: join an alliance…..
The “big boys” ignore him and point him to the few alliances who do take in newbies…
Many alliances will take an active noobie, he can be trained easy enough, its not complicated, and if he's friendly enough, he'll fit right in with any 'community' alliance, one that doesnt play solely to win.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 18:16   #18
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Many alliances will take an active noobie, he can be trained easy enough, its not complicated, and if he's friendly enough, he'll fit right in with any 'community' alliance, one that doesnt play solely to win.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote