User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 May 2004, 12:37   #51
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R11... and the winner is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Lokken - this isn't some backhand method to ensure a 1up victory. Far from it, we won't be bothered if we get our asses kicked because of the terms of what we suggest we will simply take enjoyment from having a round not dictated by alliance politics being free to hit who we want, when we want and the very fact that this allows every other single alliance to hit us too means the outcome is far from a forgone conclusion.
Ultimately acceptance of 1up's terms (I believe) are the best way to ensure them victory - considering the players I presume they have available at their disposal they would be in the best position for victory. It's hardly as if anyone's denied this - all in all 1up though they do have the best of intentions, they certainly aren't going out there for the hell of it. If 1up are given the opportunity to grow (i.e. with no one specifically targetting them which is more than invisigable in a politics-free game), I'd expect 1up to find it difficult to lose (maybe i'm over flattering you).

I don't doubt your wanting for an alliance politics free game and the want for entertainment. However, the incentive for other alliances is actually little. I don't see why a new (some people may claim you are quite old ) alliance should dictate conditions of play to those currently playing. I don't think 1up have the ability to stagnate, but they are trying to get people to play on their terms in order to facilitate a win. As you say 'when you want, how you want'. Surely the only rebuttal for current alliances on the table is to utterly reject such conditions and say 'no, play on ours' following that logic.

I think a far more interesting prospect would be a political round where backstabbing and political change with an anti-stagnation pact rather than rule them out from day 1. I think it would require more all round ability than just playing ability (although 1up seem to have hit the boards quite heavily already by the looks of things) and puts far more alliances in the running.

Incoming
Unread 27 May 2004, 12:48   #52
Churchil5
Newly Reformed

Churchil5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
good humor post graham, since it seems you are most deffinately no fortune teller and your prediction skills only reach G.W.B's level of finding weapons of massdestruction in certain arabic countries ill not bother with a full reply and just give you a one worder:

bollox.
I'm sorry... but how is this considered a one-word reply?
Churchil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 13:42   #53
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

If the round is free for all then 1up will win without a doubt. Their memberbase is full of the best PA has to offer how can any alliance compete with that. However, its blatantly obvious that blocks will be formed. No alliance will sit down and get thrashed willingly. There will be many excuses, "1up, those ****ing shroom pushing whores got all the good players" etc and blocks will form. And 1up will either block or die...
________
KinkyTattoo live

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 06:58.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 14:52   #54
[Graham]

[Graham] is an unknown quantity at this point

Focht don't sit and BS me your in that alliance perhaps not HC but your in it, i cannot prove this as irc logged i post will be ofc classed as 'fake' and your slip up with credits pld

i didn't say 1up have won buy a CREDIT and die i said they will win if the past round is not put behind us all.
[Graham] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 14:56   #55
[Graham]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
this was a such a lame and sorrowful attempt to draw pity. Damn, why doesn't everyone just shut up and play the round. "1up will do this" " They will win if evryone does this" " They will stagnate" " We can do it" "IF any alliance gets first place it will be all vs them" blah blah whooptie doo. Stop trying to coach the damn round. Shut up and buy your credits and play, damn. I never seen so much ball riding in my life. Geez.
let me ask you why did you leave FAnG to join 1up? any particular reason see something that everybody else missed, especially since you were also a BC in FAnG. were you unhappy? i mean you must have done well in FAnG been respected so why leave?
Unread 27 May 2004, 15:08   #56
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Graham]
let me ask you why did you leave FAnG to join 1up? any particular reason see something that everybody else missed, especially since you were also a BC in FAnG. were you unhappy? i mean you must have done well in FAnG been respected so why leave?
he left cos he didnt agree with how FAnG worked last round
though he never helped the HC to push through the changes... anyways
he will prolly be unhappy in 1Up cos starting alliances allways have the same troubles
haha
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 15:14   #57
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

I once asked myself witch scenario would be the least appealing:
1up easy winning or a round with massive blocking and stagnation?

After some hard thinking I reached an conclusion….. Blocking please; cos
I don’t want to reopen all memories from the early days of furgion domination…
Unread 27 May 2004, 15:22   #58
LB|away

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
I once asked myself witch scenario would be the least appealing:
1up easy winning or a round with massive blocking and stagnation?

After some hard thinking I reached an conclusion….. Blocking please; cos
I don’t want to reopen all memories from the early days of furgion domination…

the game changed
it will never be like that again...the game is to complicated now... to much rules/restrictions
Unread 27 May 2004, 15:56   #59
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
If the round is free for all then 1up will win without a doubt. Their memberbase is full of the best PA has to offer how can any alliance compete with that. However, its blatantly obvious that blocks will be formed. No alliance will sit down and get thrashed willingly. There will be many excuses, "1up, those ****ing shroom pushing whores got all the good players" etc and blocks will form. And 1up will either block or die...
that's bullshit, they got no more class players then other alliances.

Celebs != good on default

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 15:59   #60
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
he left cos he didnt agree with how FAnG worked last round
though he never helped the HC to push through the changes... anyways
he will prolly be unhappy in 1Up cos starting alliances allways have the same troubles
haha
I agree, I mean 1up's command team bear no similarities to other command teams whatsoever.

MotoX: If 75 people dominate the round, the opposition must be pretty retarded.
Unread 27 May 2004, 16:28   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One presumes that if 1up start to run away with the round (as will be seen on the alliance rankings presuming those evil fury ****s haven't figured a way around that as well) a couple of alliances will have the sense to make an alliance to take them down. Blocks aren't necessarily bad, they just usually are due to the limited way in which people play the game, politically speaking.
Unread 27 May 2004, 16:35   #62
hinchles

hinchles is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

some of us are just not others some just have big mouths

i think i could name at least a top20 of celebs that are/were the best
Unread 27 May 2004, 16:47   #63
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

spinner is a celeb and he suck at the game
yey, this was a great post.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 17:07   #64
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

\o/ yea go minty ;-)
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 17:53   #65
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
haha

MISTU didn't...
Unread 27 May 2004, 18:56   #66
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
the game changed
it will never be like that again...the game is to complicated now... to much rules/restrictions

Nah can’t agree and I tell you why...

When 1up grows away from you all and have demolished their major opponents then
some alliances will “block” and try to take them down.
When that time arrives I can guarantee that 1up already has loads of partners standing by to
join side with them! Cos there will always be some fence sitting alliances who wants a free ride to the top –

citat: “and since the rest block why cant we?” have we heard that one before…?
Unread 27 May 2004, 19:06   #67
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
that's bullshit, they got no more class players then other alliances.

There can be celebs and there can be celebs.

1up setup of celebs (stupied word tho) have many times proven themselves in this game and
by that I mean score wise. Sid didn’t pick his “celebs” because they performed in PA forums or otherwise behaved great in public…doh!

And yes they DO have more class players then the rest and if you not believe that then my dear you live in a world far away from this one!
Unread 27 May 2004, 19:19   #68
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
MISTU didn't...
i dont _believe_ Eclipse did either.., wasnt there, etc, i was there however getting owned by them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 19:23   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There can be celebs and there can be celebs.

1up setup of celebs (stupied word tho) have many times proven themselves in this game and
by that I mean score wise. Sid didn’t pick his “celebs” because they performed in PA forums or otherwise behaved great in public…doh!

And yes they DO have more class players then the rest and if you not believe that then my dear you live in a world far away from this one!
that's just plain crap. Whatever you achieved between r1-9 is USELESS when it comes to playing PAX. The stats, ships, everything is different. It's not hard to learn at all, I know that aswell, yet they have no advantage over any other alliance.

Just cause they are well known pple doesn't mean they are any good at all. Infact 25% of their memberbase never played PAX before.

Also listen to yerself. It's pathetic. You already gave up r11 ... Why not just quit this round, congratz them and get the hell out of here so that the OTHER pple who still believe they are atleast equal can have a fun and fair fight on the battlefield.

I think infact you're insulting 1UP atm, you take away their right to prove themselves on the battlefield. they really don't need pple like you telling them how ****ing much they rock and how bad the rest really is, it'll only devaluate their potential victory. That is IF they win, cause I honnestly don't think they have more skills then other alliances.
Up to them to prove me wrong and if they do then they simply dererve the credits, but not untill that day.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 May 2004, 19:26   #70
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with KJ actually :P i do wish ppl would stop proclaiming 1up the winners already. There's a long road ahead of us all and who knows what surprises Round 11 may bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 19:32   #71
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
that's just plain crap. Whatever you achieved between r1-9 is USELESS when it comes to playing PAX. The stats, ships, everything is different. It's not hard to learn at all, I know that aswell, yet they have no advantage over any other alliance.
Heh this is a recurring theme with many posters....

Do you think the stats stayed the same r1-9? You think players weren't adapting to new situations back then? You think we can't learn about Covert Ops and Engineering Priority?

I think our advantage isn't that we're the best, but that 95% of our players are proven.

As Kj says, we'll have to play the game out to find out if we're really the best.
Unread 27 May 2004, 20:30   #72
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Everyone whining bout 1up domination is teh gay, "OMFG I KNOW THE NICK OF THE PLAYER HE MUST PWN".. What a fckin joke. I remember back in teh days everyone feared timpayne and Carpeia even tho they both obviously newb

If for just one sec ppl concentrate on owning instead of who they are up against, u mite just find urself on top.

Tesla

Also from what ive seen and heard 1up are A LOT of newbs at this new planetarion game. (just like myself )

ps. im not 1up no.
Unread 27 May 2004, 20:31   #73
MotoX
Stolen

KJ: "that's just plain crap. Whatever you achieved between r1-9 is USELESS when it comes to playing PAX. The stats, ships, everything is different. It's not hard to learn at all, I know that aswell, yet they have no advantage over any other alliance.

Just cause they are well known pple doesn't mean they are any good at all. Infact 25% of their memberbase never played PAX before.

Also listen to yerself. It's pathetic. You already gave up r11 ... Why not just quit this round, congratz them and get the hell out of here so that the OTHER pple who still believe they are atleast equal can have a fun and fair fight on the battlefield.

I think infact you're insulting 1UP atm, you take away their right to prove themselves on the battlefield. they really don't need pple like you telling them how ****ing much they rock and how bad the rest really is, it'll only devaluate their potential victory. That is IF they win, cause I honnestly don't think they have more skills then other alliances.
Up to them to prove me wrong and if they do then they simply dererve the credits, but not untill that day."

.– “Infact 25% of their memberbase never played PAX before.” -“It's not hard to learn at all” …………………… I’m confused??

Gave up? Nah far from it..I’v lived thro all the bashing, humiliation, fleetcatching, farming, cheating etc etc And all mostly done by the furgion side so given up NOPE! Many times have that happened because people like your self refused to take a major force like for example 1up seriously.

I merely trying to wake you up and get you out of your high heels to finally see what’s coming at you in R11

It’s all good to believe in you self and the “rest” but please be somewhat realistic and open your eyes and ……hum brain.

And for R11, I will as usual play like the furious basterd that I am.
Unread 27 May 2004, 20:40   #74
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

He felt the Fury.
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:04   #75
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Ouch, not teh Fury :/

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:07   #76
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I think its quite clear that Lupine Crux will win as they have Sevrok at the head of operations
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:20   #77
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Gave up? Nah far from it..I’v lived thro all the bashing, humiliation, fleetcatching, farming, cheating etc etc And all mostly done by the furgion side so given up NOPE! Many times have that happened because people like your self refused to take a major force like for example 1up seriously.

I merely trying to wake you up and get you out of your high heels to finally see what’s coming at you in R11

It’s all good to believe in you self and the “rest” but please be somewhat realistic and open your eyes and ……hum brain.

And for R11, I will as usual play like the furious basterd that I am.
Erm, my believe is that in a 1 vs 1, 1UP has not shown nor has ANY indication that they would beat FAnG. I cannot speak for other alliances but those are my believes. Feel free to disagree but I will not give em credits or fear them as they all proved nothing so far to me.

If they beat us, I'll be the first to congratulate them. Untill then they are just another alliance with fair and equal chances.

I am realistic, you're trying to make 1UP look llke a fking god. Do you have a pic of Sid above your bed? little newsflash, he's just like you a person that enjoys playin PA, nothing more nothing less.

I not scared nor impressed of their current lineup. I respect it, sure, but there it ends.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 May 2004, 21:23   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think kj and FAnG have merged to form this meta-entity based on the twin ideals of dislike of fury and unnecessary pride. I find it an interesting read.
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:23   #79
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Let me answer you, I left FAnG for exactly the reason LB stated, I didn't like some of the things going on there. Simple. No, I didn't see anything anyone else missed, I just took action on it, rather than ignore it. Yes, I was a BC in FAnG, and I had a great time there. IN-Game, and OUT-Game. I was also happy in FAnG. Yes, I did well in FAnG, I prob had a little respect, who knows. So why leave?? Because I wanted to. Not really a perplexed answer huh? Simple.
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:25   #80
LB|away

Quote:
Nah can’t agree and I tell you why...

When 1up grows away from you all and have demolished their major opponents then
some alliances will “block” and try to take them down.
When that time arrives I can guarantee that 1up already has loads of partners standing by to
join side with them! Cos there will always be some fence sitting alliances who wants a free ride to the top –

citat: “and since the rest block why cant we?” have we heard that one before…?

you keep assuming they ride away.....
who says their activity is so high and their people are so good and that they wont have greedy, selfish persons in the alliance who will cause internal problems, that they will just outgrow everyone? They have skilled played, everyone knows that but you really think the 75 or 100 biggest planets will all be 1Up ? ofcourse not. no round has ever been like that.

They will have to cope with incomings and troubles just as every other alliance.
and if they make it to the top, the 2nd, 3rd , 4th and so on will mostlikely aim for 1Up. As the biggest alliance allways gets most of the incomings.

We dont need to block to make it hard for them to win.
VSN alone did more harm to FAnG then the entire allmighty 9 together. (just as exsample)
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:26   #81
LB|away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
MISTU didn't...
I worked alot with MISTU command.
I know you had very big problems too
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:29   #82
LB|away

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think kj and FAnG have merged to form this meta-entity based on the twin ideals of dislike of fury and unnecessary pride. I find it an interesting read.

DISCLAIMER -- Everything posted is my own opinion and does NOT nescessary reflect the opinion of FAnG or the HC --

FAnG co-founder
FAnG ex CEO/HC
FAnG Gaming Community Senate

Yred

KJ's sig
Dont speak about FAnG as whole when he says something
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:40   #83
MotoX
Stolen

Well, my mission in this thread is done – Hope the phrase “I told you so” never comes up in my future thread spamming…
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:47   #84
LB|away

Quote:
Well, my mission in this thread is done – Hope the phrase “I told you so” never comes up in my future thread spamming…

not even a decent comment anymore?

PWND!
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:47   #85
[Graham]

Quote:
Erm, my believe is that in a 1 vs 1, 1UP has not shown nor has ANY indication that they would beat FAnG. I cannot speak for other alliances but those are my believes. Feel free to disagree but I will not give em credits or fear them as they all proved nothing so far to me.

If they beat us, I'll be the first to congratulate them. Untill then they are just another alliance with fair and equal chances.

I am realistic, you're trying to make 1UP look llke a fking god. Do you have a pic of Sid above your bed? little newsflash, he's just like you a person that enjoys playin PA, nothing more nothing less.

I not scared nor impressed of their current lineup. I respect it, sure, but there it ends.

actually i like this guys thinking. your posts impress me.
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:54   #86
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

somehow that doesnt come as a great surprise graham
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 21:55   #87
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i'm shocked :P

edit:
sorry about my high standards, i dont even respect or impress myself.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 22:18   #88
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Heh, KJ impressed someone with his posting.

I guess there really IS a first time for everything....
Unread 27 May 2004, 22:23   #89
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
not at all, I infact have good memories with Fury

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 May 2004, 22:31   #90
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
actually i like this guys thinking. your posts impress me.
I didn't mean to impress anyone, thx for the compliment if it wasn't meant sarcastic.

The purpose of my postings are to object to the "wow look at 1UP, they must be godish" kinda additude. I mean, talk to the 1UP pple yourself. go pm Sid or Cayl or I don't know who, you actually think they want everyone to give up cause we all think they'll win nway?

Don't you think they rather wanna prove it on the battlefield rather then listening to some bunch of pple praizing them on an AD board?

MoTorX, your "I told you" is funny. You insured yourself very well there as there's a possibility they'll win. But if they win the "I told you so" would remind us what a silly thread you made a few months ago cause my opinion is that atleast the alliance I'm in (LB forbids me to call it "my alliance") will hopefully be a competitive enemy if it comes to that.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 May 2004, 22:43   #91
[Graham]

Quote:
I didn't mean to impress anyone, thx for the compliment if it wasn't meant sarcastic.

The purpose of my postings are to object to the "wow look at 1UP, they must be godish" kinda additude. I mean, talk to the 1UP pple yourself. go pm Sid or Cayl or I don't know who, you actually think they want everyone to give up cause we all think they'll win nway?

Don't you think they rather wanna prove it on the battlefield rather then listening to some bunch of pple praizing them on an AD board?.
well i have to agree with what you say, they have to prove it i just hope that the past round is forgotton and people focus on the comming round. whip out those stats
Unread 28 May 2004, 07:43   #92
LB|away

Quote:
MoTorX, your "I told you" is funny. You insured yourself very well there as there's a possibility they'll win. But if they win the "I told you so" would remind us what a silly thread you made a few months ago cause my opinion is that atleast the alliance I'm in (LB forbids me to call it "my alliance") will hopefully be a competitive enemy if it comes to that.
Kj
we will beat them, our alliance will
Unread 28 May 2004, 12:49   #93
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it amusing how many people are just willing to roll over and give up before tick 1 even happens.

I've joined [1up] because I believe that blocking is what causes the stagnation in PA and [1up] will not allying up with any other alliance - quite simple really

Yes [1up] have a solid base of proven PA players both past and present, and maybe even a couple of "PA Celebs" - but a guaranteed win? I doubt it

I wish the best of luck to all alliances that will be flying solo in the coming round

[1up] : Playing the game the way it was meant to be played

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 12:59   #94
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Whats with all the anti-blocks 1up stance crap? As soon as you are not looking like you'll win, you'll secretly nap/block, and if it becomes public, you'll just claim self defence. I would not trust your stance.
Unread 28 May 2004, 13:17   #95
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

I don't say 1UP is blocking, but they claimed not to block if others didn't as well. So if someone blocks, they have an open option to block... Doesn't mean they shall block ofc.. Not a really noble point, just something most other allainces can claim as well.

Those who joined, liked the idea of a solo round... But I think it's more the save feeling of playing with experienced people in an experienced command. We still have to see how save this all is, and the opposition is there to prove it ain't thar save.
Unread 28 May 2004, 13:52   #96
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i'm just glad to see some oldtimers back
Thats allways good even if they might bash me, since many has bashed me before, and i've bashed some, and in conclusion, i still find the game fun, and i prolly will after the upcoming round too nomatter how the code turns out or how the alliances play.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 14:32   #97
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

Complete trash.

Considering that playing tips can be passed on (looking at the command of 1up, their history at doing this and their effectiveness) I doubt that's much of a problem. Playing a planet never was rocket science it just requires someone taking a bit of time and effort thinking about it, then spouting out instructions.

I'd suggest that people have been recruited more on the basis that they are reliable, will stick to the rules of the alliance and won't go down without a fight and if they won't, well they can probably get someone else in to replace them easily enough. To suggest that 1up won't have ability in a fair amount is a bit naive - if they get into a position where they can springboard themselves to victory, I'd expect them to take advantage.

In fact I think the best thing about 1up is that people will have to rise to the challenge to stop them - giving up would just simply prove to old players that they are better than you and seems to be the most ridiculous idea. I hope to play r11 purely on the basis that it will be interesting how it turns out. The most amusing outcome of r11 is arguably having 1up dumped out on their arse early on having come out of retirement for nothing. FAnG might be able to crow on these forums for a while, but i'd find it quite funny to have egg on quite a few people's faces (remember Cayl's we can take 2 at once post?), including my own considering this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot
I've joined [1up] because I believe that blocking is what causes the stagnation in PA and [1up] will not allying up with any other alliance - quite simple really

[1up] : Playing the game the way it was meant to be played
I highly doubt that - The_Fish makes it pretty clear. I don't see 1up as any different to Fury - they have a pretty large proportion of Fury within, and will take action to counter any opposition (or potentially tie them in). Blocks aren't to blame - HC are for being over conservative. The only way to play the game is with a lot more players than we are now.

I think people will block, I think FAnG have a right to block considering there may be people out to get them. I think blocking is an excellent idea this round - it makes 1up's life inherently more difficult for them, as in the current setup the majority of alliances rely on blocks.
Unread 28 May 2004, 15:29   #98
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
DISCLAIMER -- Everything posted is my own opinion and does NOT nescessary reflect the opinion of FAnG or the HC --

FAnG co-founder
FAnG ex CEO/HC
FAnG Gaming Community Senate

Yred

KJ's sig
Dont speak about FAnG as whole when he says something
Firstly I feel you have misunderstood the concept of meta-entity. I am proposing that on a transcendental level FAnG and kj combine to become something more than either on it's own. Secondly that signature uses the phrase "necessarily" (albeit spelt incorrectly). Personally I feel that in this case his opinion does accurately reflect the opinions of the HC of FAnG. Perhaps if you chose to enlighten me differently as concerns your actual stance on the aforementioned issues I would change this oh so misguided perception. However I rather doubt it seeing as you later quoted kj
Quote:
Kj
we will beat them, our alliance will
leading me to conclude that my previous assumption that his post reflected the opinions of the HC of FAnG was in fact correct.
Unread 28 May 2004, 15:55   #99
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Just seems that people think the only alliances playing next round are fang/mistu and 1up
would be great if everyone keeps thinking that way IMHO.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2004, 16:45   #100
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I don't see 1up as any different to Fury ...
How can PA ever change if you lot won't let go of the past.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote