User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Apr 2005, 18:13   #1
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past
[Discuss] free weekends

well... there were often discussion bout sleep times....
making sleep times is a difficult thing....
(and not so needed with big gals)

but what i think is most annoying to cover your planet at weekends...
normaly u sleep longer etc... and do non pa related stuff... and your alli also lakes of def... (night time)
so my suggestion is to idle pa from Friday 18:00 GMT up to Monday 8:00 GMT
friday 18:00 is bout midnight in australia and 8:00 is bout 0:00 in the states(west coast)...
(this states can be tweaked)

so 62 hours of spare time=relaxing, having RL, etc....

so u can take a rest... do other stuff... just relaxing

At least I like that idea ;-)
What ya say
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 20:00   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: free weekends

So every weekend off. TBH i think thats a bit extreame and a little unfair. You see while Weekends might be a problem for you the weekdays are probally a problem for alot of people and the weekends perfect.

I think something like this would be better as it allows the breaks to be in differnt days at each break period just by using the right interval value
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 20:13   #3
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

i persoanlly dont think a brake is needed.

PA is a gaming marathon if u cant keep up step down and accept defeat
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 21:19   #4
hellsmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
So every weekend off. TBH i think thats a bit extreame and a little unfair. You see while Weekends might be a problem for you the weekdays are probally a problem for alot of people and the weekends perfect.

I think something like this would be better as it allows the breaks to be in differnt days at each break period just by using the right interval value

sorry but i have rl too...
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 21:42   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I work 12 hours a day during the week.

During the weekend i play pa.

I am not alone in this.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 03:42   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsmurf
sorry but i have rl too...
The problem is that if you declare certain days or certain times as non-pa, then people who play on those days (and not others in particular), or are not in the same timezone etc, get adversely affected.

eg, there was a suggestion at one stage a few years ago for planets to go into sleep mode during the (european) night. That's fine for them, but me being an australian means that everyone's planets would be asleep when i am awake, and my planet couldnt be asleep when everyone else was awake - which was obviously unfair to me and all other Australians/NZers (and presumably yanks too, but they would be the direct opposite).

Furthermore, many people wouldnt be able to get online much during the week due to work and/or educational responsibilities, and thus the weekend is their primary playing time. If you remove that, then you effectively say to every schoolboy (and girl) who plays this game to bugger off - we dont want you. Similarly, if you deny access to PA during the week and only keep it open on weekends, you prevent people who work on weekend from playing or (like you) have 'real life' commitments during the weekend.

Suffice is to say that if you have any form of 'sleep' time, you marginalise someone in the world and/or specific demographics of the playing community. PA has broad appeal insofar as it doesnt require 24/7 activity to be able to have fun - to win, perhaps, but not to enjoy yourself. Denying access removes this broad appeal.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 15:24   #7
hellsmurf

sov read my post before writing...
i said that that time should be chosen so everyone in the world got his free weekend....

and pa takes your attention the hole week... if u just play pa on weekends->u are no top 1000 player...
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 15:32   #8
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I basically play at weekends only, and only log in during week for an hour or two in evenings.
I ahve been top 50 for last two rounds, so your argument doesnt satnd firm.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 16:58   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
sov read my post before writing...
i said that that time should be chosen so everyone in the world got his free weekend....

and pa takes your attention the hole week... if u just play pa on weekends->u are no top 1000 player...
Sov was saying that most people spent the week working and the weekend playing PA.
In fact, the majority of the playerbase spend >> more time playing Planetarion at the weekend compared to the week.
The only reason I can see for stopping ticks in the week is to have speedgames every weekend (as we can't have speedgames and normal rounds running at the same time due to the lack of hardware, afaik), and that'd mean a general drop in the number of PA planets playing a round.
While many people have a life and would like to see some sort of solution, due to the nature of the diverse number of people playing it (both the fact it has international appeal and that many different sorts of people play it) I can't see that any weekly break will do anything but further break down the playerbase, and we don't really want to do that. Even the sleep mode, which occasionally rears it's head (once or twice by myself) has flaws; as the playerbase is European to a fair degree (I'm not sure of the exact %), most people would use their sleep mode then, meaning less targets at night, and overall stagnating rounds further.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 17:20   #10
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Without weekends I would be even less active than I am atm Bad idea imo, weekends are only time I can be decently active
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 17:41   #11
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

why dont we just have the UK Public holidays as freedpm days. its a UK based company. we have loads of bank holidays so it makes it suitable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 02:46   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

You need rest, use the vacation mode.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 10:32   #13
E-Choke
Pipo P
Mumu Champion

E-Choke is an unknown quantity at this point

Freak ?
Weekends are just the only days people can really play it, they can get up early, stay up late if they want to, something that's very hard to do in the week itself, coz most people work/go to school/... during those times.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:25   #14
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

their is no way you could have down time to suit everyone so best way is to not have it all all.

And as has been stated theirs always vacation mode if ya cant hack the pace
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:35   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

lol
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 21:40   #16
hellsmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
You need rest, use the vacation mode.
and get no res... etc
if i would get full res. during vegation mode ok...
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 00:19   #17
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
and get no res... etc
if i would get full res. during vegation mode ok...
Then stop harping on and on. You want a break then go into vacation mode. You want a break but want resources at the same time, then hope that your gal report your incomings to your alliance.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 05:19   #18
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have to say, I don't like the idea. I can often be more active at weekends. Returning home at silly times in the morning means I'm more awake to launch attack fleets and offer def (albeit, often drunk), whilst if I'm not going out, I don't have to get up so early in the morning so getting up 0355 PA time isn't quite as tiring.

The breaks will never suit everyone as has been said, and they'll probably screw over as many people as they save (people who's greatest activity times are now lost, so they can't earn a higher position). PA is a game that requires commitment and stamina from the individual players of an alliance, not to mention skill on the part of MOs and politicians. If you can't be active at times, you don't have to play the game, you have the choice of vacation mode, and it's probably best just to try and make the contribution you can to your alliance.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 07:27   #19
hellsmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Then stop harping on and on. You want a break then go into vacation mode. You want a break but want resources at the same time, then hope that your gal report your incomings to your alliance.
u didnt get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
If you can't be active at times, you don't have to play the game, you have the choice of vacation mode, and it's probably best just to try and make the contribution you can to your alliance.
some guys got rl(gf, familiy etc->so played weekends are just for guys which go to school or something like that)... so sorry.. cant be on 24 hours 7 days a week... if u just live for pa I am sorry for ya

[x] my solve for that problem: in the first 72 ticks in vegetation mode u get full resources after it nothing
(maybe veg. mode just take at least 60 hours.... and in that hours full resources...)

Last edited by hellsmurf; 30 Apr 2005 at 07:43.
hellsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 08:27   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
u didnt get it
To be brutally honest, i think it is you who is not getting it.

If you acknowledge that:
1) A Convienient time for you may not be for others (especially due to wide demoraphics and global playerbase)
2) A Vacation mode already exsits for people who want to be away and dont want to be attacked
3) The cost of vacation mode is lost resources
4) You can choose to 'risk it' and just not log in
5) You can choose to accept any losses you may or may not have during your 'rl' time
6) You can choose not to play this game if you dont have enough time for it

Thus.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 08:38   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
u didnt get it

some guys got rl(gf, familiy etc->so played weekends are just for guys which go to school or something like that)... so sorry.. cant be on 24 hours 7 days a week... if u just live for pa I am sorry for ya

[x] my solve for that problem: in the first 72 ticks in vegetation mode u get full resources after it nothing
(maybe veg. mode just take at least 60 hours.... and in that hours full resources...)
Most people play at the weekend (though not all, i know some people that work at the weekend and play during the week).
However, the peak access point is at the weekend (as far as I know), so closing the game over a weekend would be stupid. It'd be like closing a restaurant during the day time as some of the staff have things to do then and would prefer to work 10pm-5am.
It just doesn't work.
With things like the prelaunch, Planetarion is *slightly* more friendly to players (as well as the slight change in ETAs allowing defence to be gotten for longer- i think?), but part of the game play is that it's running all the time, and either you have the willpower to go do other things sometimes, or you don't. It does reward (to a certain extent) activity, but it is possible to play without being at the computer for a few hours tbh, and there's always mobile phones for panic situations
that's part of the fun imo.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 10:38   #22
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
u didnt get it
I got it won't worry

Read Ultimate Newbie's reply, it's better than what i'd have come up with.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 12:38   #23
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
u didnt get it

Surely, for someone with that much of a fantastic rl, PA must be a secondary consideration? I understand it well, I go to college, I do volunteer work occasionally, I have a gf, I go to the gym 4-6 times per week, I play football, I go out.

I'm sure football would be a lot fairer if, when you were 1-0 up close to the final whistle, you were allowed to tape up your own goal and go to sleep whilst the seconds still ticked away. My analogies pretty generally suck, but I think my point is salvagable. If you can't play a whole game of football, don't go and play a whole game, you can't expect them to suspend the game whilst you go and do other stuff...
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 19:45   #24
hellsmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
To be brutally honest, i think it is you who is not getting it.

If you acknowledge that:
1) A Convienient time for you may not be for others (especially due to wide demoraphics and global playerbase)
2) A Vacation mode already exsits for people who want to be away and dont want to be attacked
3) The cost of vacation mode is lost resources
4) You can choose to 'risk it' and just not log in
5) You can choose to accept any losses you may or may not have during your 'rl' time
6) You can choose not to play this game if you dont have enough time for it

Thus.

1 so we can solve it with genreally chose of spare time
2 dont work due to 3(well u didnt get...)
4 thats the prob... your alli need your ships and u take ships...
5 damn does it hurt?
6 I think yes....
Unread 1 May 2005, 02:04   #25
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
1 so we can solve it with genreally chose of spare time
I'm not understanding what you said here. Please elaborate.

Quote:
2 dont work due to 3(well u didnt get...)
oh, but it DOES work due to 3) - the opportunity cost of lost resources is the price of guarenteed freedom from attack (and thus not taking up any alliance resources). It ensures that, upon your return, you have a fleet, roids etc already available for use as well. Which is potentially more than had you just left your planet and lost the lot.

Quote:
4 thats the prob... your alli need your ships and u take ships...
Choose one of the other options, then, if you think that this is unacceptable. It also depends on how long you will be away for - if its just one night then most people will take the chance.

Quote:
5 damn does it hurt?
That depends whether you get attacked or not - and whether your attacker(s) are xan who intend to kill you.

Quote:
6 I think yes....
Great. End of discussion.
Unread 1 May 2005, 06:24   #26
hellsmurf

Quote:
(my thinking)
well u can go in vegation mod
in the first xy(where u must stay in veg mod) in the week u get full res

Quote:
oh, but it DOES work due to 3) - the opportunity cost of lost resources is the price of guarenteed freedom from attack (and thus not taking up any alliance resources). It ensures that, upon your return, you have a fleet, roids etc already available for use as well. Which is potentially more than had you just left your planet and lost the lot.
[/quote]
hey... with that u kick u self out of the game... losing 72 ticks all res/week->u lose...
if u cant send def for 72 ticks... its penalty enough(but u cant get inc. so its fair trade in my eyes)
its other pain too... sunday morning... not def... would be killed that way
i dont wanna live for the game... the game should live for me ;-)

Quote:
Choose one of the other options, then, if you think that this is unacceptable. It also depends on how long you will be away for - if its just one night then most people will take the chance.
[/quote]
u are not on and send def at sunday morning?
try to get def...
or dc a bit... specially int he morning hours... no fun...

Quote:
Great. End of discussion.[/quote]

hey if u some1 **** up... what u think he replies?

cya
Unread 1 May 2005, 06:26   #27
hellsmurf

Quote:
(my thinking)

Quote:
[/quote]
hey... with that u kick u self out of the game... losing 72 ticks all res/week->u lose...
if u cant send def for 72 ticks... its penalty enough(but u cant get inc. so its fair trade in my eyes)

Quote:
try to get def...

Quote:

cya
Unread 1 May 2005, 06:28   #28
hellsmurf

Quote:
(my thinking)

Quote:

Quote:
try to get def...

Quote:

cya
Unread 1 May 2005, 06:29   #29
hellsmurf

Quote:
(my thinking)

Quote:

Quote:
try to get def...

Quote:
Great. End of discussion.

cya
Unread 1 May 2005, 07:44   #30
Gate
;D!

Quote:
So, I was just wondering... what about value whores with a huge number of roids that know they won't be able to attack for a while due to receiving huge incs. They just turn on vac mode. After 72 ticks, they turn it off, and turn it back on again, getting full res, building a huge fleet and being utterly immune to your retaliation.

Wow, what leet tactics.

As I implied in my previous post, any game requires commitment, that you play by its own time period. You can't just take a break in the middle of a football, or rugby game and hope that everyone will stop playing whilst you regather your strength. In planetarion, allowing resources to be mined whilst on vac mode is definitely an idea I dislike. It will encourage vac mode and therefore stagnation, and make it nigh on impossible to bring down large enemies, making the game shit for many people.
Unread 1 May 2005, 08:34   #31
hellsmurf

Quote:
So, I was just wondering... what about value whores with a huge number of roids that know they won't be able to attack for a while due to receiving huge incs. They just turn on vac mode. After 72 ticks, they turn it off, and turn it back on again, getting full res, building a huge fleet and being utterly immune to your retaliation.
u read my post above... first xy ticks fullr res of week
rest nothing...

and u dont get roids in veg. mode

Quote:
As I implied in my previous post, any game requires commitment, that you play by its own time period. You can't just take a break in the middle of a football, or rugby game and hope that everyone will stop playing whilst you regather your strength. In planetarion, allowing resources to be mined whilst on vac mode is definitely an idea I dislike. It will encourage vac mode and therefore stagnation, and make it nigh on impossible to bring down large enemies, making the game shit for many people.
football game doesnt take 2 month game time...
its like u compare cats with apple cakes
Unread 1 May 2005, 11:00   #32
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Firstly, would you be so kind as to delete the previous four posts of yours whilst you were trying to get the quote thing to work? its strange reading the same replies four times...

Quote:
u read my post above... first xy ticks fullr res of week
rest nothing...
Like i said the first time, I am not understanding what you are suggesting - thus would you be so kind as to elaborate on your idea so silly old me can understand?

Thankyou.
Unread 1 May 2005, 11:09   #33
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
(my thinking)
Right, as far as i understand you, you are saying that whilst in vacation mode you still produce resources for a certain amount of time. If that is the case, i refer you to what Game said above - it would be frequently abused, it would lead to stagnation of the game, and there should be rewards for activity (or opportunity costs for inactivity).

Quote:
Dont use vacation mode then every weekend - use one of the other options, such as risking it, instead.

Quote:
If you dont want to get killed on sunday morning - use the vacation mode.

Quote:
So why should other players - who have just as much right to play the game as you do - be put out for your convienience? Why are you more important than everyone else who wants to play?

Quote:
try to get def...
I am a DC for my alliance an keenly aware of the lack of defence at certain times of the week. Again, If you dont want to take the risk of your fleet getting killed, use vacation mode. If you do not want to loose out on resources/research time, then take a risk and not log in. You cant have it both ways mate - either you play, or you do not.
Unread 1 May 2005, 20:24   #34
hellsmurf

Quote:
Right, as far as i understand you, you are saying that whilst in vacation mode you still produce resources for a certain amount of time. If that is the case, i refer you to what Game said above - it would be frequently abused, it would lead to stagnation of the game, and there should be rewards for activity (or opportunity costs for inactivity).
???
why????? u just get res in the first xy ticks of the week
U DONT GET RES AFTER using it more than xy ticks/week I SAY WEEK! MYMOUTH TO YOUR EARS WEEKS NOT EVERY VEG. MOD
do i speak mandarin?

Quote:
Dont use vacation mode then every weekend - use one of the other options, such as risking it, instead.
damn i get due to your ability to read/think

Quote:
If you dont want to get killed on sunday morning - use the vacation mode.
READ - THINK - POST

Quote:
So why should other players - who have just as much right to play the game as you do - be put out for your convienience? Why are you more important than everyone else who wants to play?
lol

I am no freak without rl... with no gf no real friends and no live... i just wanna have 2 days/week off pa...
if others wanna play... ok... i wanna go in veg mod and get full resources
that easy if U!!! think that all same of you... u are ****ing arrogant... many others want same(in my opinion)...
if just 1% it likes its also fine cause others can play

pa is a game... a game that ****es your rl off is shity....

Quote:
I am a DC for my alliance an keenly aware of the lack of defence at certain times of the week. Again, If you dont want to take the risk of your fleet getting killed, use vacation mode. If you do not want to loose out on resources/research time, then take a risk and not log in. You cant have it both ways mate - either you play, or you do not.
it must be a pain... isnt it?
Unread 1 May 2005, 21:26   #35
arbondigo

Quote:
u are ****ing arrogant... many others want same(in my opinion)...
That sums up your "argument" quite well really.

Quote:
READ - THINK - POST
Unread 1 May 2005, 21:29   #36
hellsmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
That sums up your "argument" quite well really.
*in my opinion*

sorry but i get ****ed up with guys who think that pa is all and u need to play it all time....
and i hate arrogant ones("if u dont got time don play pa")

that round suxx... just shitloads of incs... so u have to do all day pa work...
and even if u are not up all day u can be ****ed to due no alli leak out of def cause it get heavy aimed....

Last edited by hellsmurf; 1 May 2005 at 21:36.
hellsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2005, 22:02   #37
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Lol, and he's in the #1 alliance...

My, my their standards have dropped...
Unread 24 May 2005, 11:35   #38
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think a mid round break would be far better than taking every weekend off

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 08:27   #39
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I think a mid round break would be far better than taking every weekend off
Thus = rejected? (as there was another thread dealing with a mid-round break around tick 500ish by wakey, iirc)...

i win hellsmurf
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 19:51   #40
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve
Re: [Discuss] free weekends

Hello,

me = Hatuey,

I think this discussion has been taken too far. The idea should be a simple mid round 2-3 days off PA pressure, ticks stops no cov op. Whether you choose to play a speed game, or play politics or just stare at your gal status screen is your choice. I know I would be going out and sleeping 8-10 hours, instead of 50 mins naps. Thas it. It should not be a weekly thing (too often), or a 500 ticks thing (I would then rather have weekends off), just a simple mid round chance to disconect... (but again im sure some players would find ways to stay playing during that break, if they so wish to do so).
Dictator2 is offline   Reply With Quote