User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 04:18   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
[Declined] orbital space station

it would be available after the hull 3 research. You could build only 1 and you'd choose from a few different ones.
Docking station : gives you 1 extra fleet slot
Defense station : yep... some good old PDS here
Spy station : detect prelaunched fleets
Com station : boost your amps by 50%
the space stations would be targeted by the strucure killers
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 11:29   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: orbital space station

The Docking station worries me as I think a 4th fleet is a major advantage and making it something which the experianced players will get along time before the lesser players is going to make it very tough on them (I mean lets be honest, its not often where we run out of ships, its lack of fleets that hold people back from defending or attacking more)

Spy station, Pre launches are designed to help lesser players and while I foir one think they are too powerful I think making them any more detectable than they are now would be bad for the lesser players
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 12:56   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Docking station for 80% of the top 10 alliances' players.
Com station for their scanners.

I hope it's not just me who sees problems here.
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 13:41   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Defense station for the noobs ?
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 15:01   #5
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well i think this is a pretty cool idea
maybe a little bit of editing, but quite cool
+ u could say that as its an uber structure u have to pay for it to be researched....
like half your value or something?

[INS]Goafer
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 17:39   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX
well i think this is a pretty cool idea
maybe a little bit of editing, but quite cool
+ u could say that as its an uber structure u have to pay for it to be researched....
like half your value or something?
OMG CAN WE HAVE A DEATHSTAR!!!!!!!!!1123
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 18:02   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

If worked out properly.. a very cool idea indeed for late in the game...
A 4th fleet is a bit extreme tho...
Maybe some resource.. scan.. def.. and a covert op thingy.. construction build.. production.. etc

instead of the golden roids

Last edited by Alessio; 19 Apr 2005 at 18:15.
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 19:01   #8
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

I think the different stations would be very unbalanced and create an even larger gap between noobs and experienced players.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 19:45   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
it would be available after the hull 3 research. You could build only 1 and you'd choose from a few different ones.
Docking station : gives you 1 extra fleet slot
Defense station : yep... some good old PDS here
Spy station : detect prelaunched fleets
Com station : boost your amps by 50%
the space stations would be targeted by the strucure killers
Docking station : gives you 1 extra fleet slot = to much of an advantage to big players.
Defense station : yep... some good old PDS here = PDS tried and tested and always rejected.
Spy station : detect prelaunched fleets = JGP anyone?
Com station : boost your amps by 50% = scanners are scanners without this so why give them more of an advantage to scan?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 22:16   #10
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Docking station : gives you 1 extra fleet slot = to much of an advantage to big players.
Defense station : yep... some good old PDS here = PDS tried and tested and always rejected.
Spy station : detect prelaunched fleets = JGP anyone?
Com station : boost your amps by 50% = scanners are scanners without this so why give them more of an advantage to scan?
PDS is rejected as a stuff to build INSTEAD OF ships.... not in this form..
Spy station is way better then jgp crap
Com unit is handy for non scanners..

these suggestions may not be really apropriate for the game.. but it are just examples... the idea in general is good imo
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 22:17   #11
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I suggest a Death Star. We really need a more ... permanent... solution to this LCH/Exi block situation.
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 10:07   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Thats it, instant forums ban for Nonentity and Cayl for uttering the forbidden word
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 12:50   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Thats it, instant forums ban for Nonentity and Cayl for uttering the forbidden word
Death star, or 'block' :\
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 13:47   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
no, solution :/
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 14:00   #15
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Deathstar, Id have to ban most of the forums if block was a banned word
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 14:09   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Deathstar, Id have to ban most of the forums if block was a banned word
Oh, i thought you were being overtly cynnical - the smiley was just so that, when questioned, you COULD say that you were joking .

nvm
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 15:11   #17
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

see... i said that people would be asking for deathstars!!!!!

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=184511

near (ish) to the bottom

[INS]Goafer
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 18:53   #18
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well u can do a 4th fleet spot with that station
but if it get destroyed u should lose the flying fleet on that spot also...

cya
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:45   #19
WesseH
Big-shot in my own mind.

WesseH is on a distinguished road

a 4th fleet slot is more usefull to scanners than a 50% bonus to their amps... although nobody could ofcourse build enough distorters to keep an adequate scanner away if they went for the scanning bonus.. a 4th fleet would be a lot more beneficial to scanners just as to anyone else... because... how many scanners r now limited to using 2 fleets because the 3rd is reserved for JGP's ??? i know i am... r u?

i think the idea of a space station is quite nice, however i would only put it after the last INFRASTRUCTURE research instead of the siege-weapons/hulls3 research because, as said by others...
It is a good idea for LATE in the round.. while siege weapons r usually within the first 10 researches of any proper planet... and thus this docking station would then automaticly become the first thing after that because it gives such a huge bonus...

even better might be to make it applicable only after ALL ETA-research, 4 Roid research, 3 Hulls research, ALL infrastructure research (or all -1) and maybe some more...

ofcourse the different stations would require different branches of the techtree to be completed (the amp booster requires all scans, a covert-op station would require all cov-ops, a 'golden asteroid-like station would require ALL asteroid researches, etc)

and btw.. this idea sounds a hell of a lot like a feature from a PA-clone game, the name of which i shalln't mention here...

anybody want a Phaeton battleship? *hint*

Last edited by WesseH; 21 Apr 2005 at 14:51. Reason: Forgot to reply 'on topic'
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 11:03   #20
Lord Skar
hitch hiker

Lord Skar is an unknown quantity at this point

could limit the size of the 4th fleetslot:

the docking station is big enough to hold up to 500 FI/CO, 200 FR/DE or 75 CR/BS (just throwing out numbers here... it's the idea i'm testing...) that make it a bit more limited to the big players cause most their targets easyly defend against that size fleets

PDS... no comments

SpyStation... the dif here being you can c how many ticks there is a prelaunch on you, not just that it's there... - another idea could be to give a XX % chance to deteckt being scanned if succesfully blocked...

COM station... need a distorder countermove option
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 12:58   #21
WesseH
Big-shot in my own mind.

WesseH is on a distinguished road

well.. those numbers would have to be carefully thought out... though i dont think limiting the fleetslot is the way to go... as said.. it still provides THE benefit that scan-planets have been wanting for ages... 1 fleet (that only supports a low amount of ships in it) to scan with.. and 3 fleets they can go all out with... takes away a disadvantage of being a scanner and thus makes (even) more ppl eligable to go for high amounts of amps which will in turn lower the use of distorters to a point where they may even become obsolete as there r to many scanners that can still break through...

i think an 'additional fleet slot' is a bad idea as a whole, wether it be limited or not...
then again.. thats just my 2 cents..
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:46   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Declined - the research tree needs to be fully rethoughout not just have htings bolted on the end.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread