User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 09:10   #1
HansA

HansA is an unknown quantity at this point
Call me crazy; Marketplace.

Call me crazy; Marketplace.

I would like to see a open marketplace in PA where you could by and/or trade ships and astroids.
More or less like «ebay» or the stock-market Where you could sell or trade your Zik CO roiding fleet for a BS fleet and so on. And roids the same way.
And every fleet should have a abandon fleet button, and then the ships could reappear in the ship-market with the price that was the average at the time of arrival.

1-2 trading slots would be nice and travletime as usual.
And something like maximum of 15% your value in each deal.

To crazy? Just a idea :P

-HansA
Full-time n00b
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 09:24   #2
Troglodyte

Troglodyte is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Call me crazy; Marketplace.

How many billion of MULTI's do you want out there? It's bad enough already !!!
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 09:34   #3
HansA

Well. I didnt think of the cheaters. But they would sertanly lower the price of the stock and they would have to be online with both accounts at the right time to be shure to get their stuff.. That would make them more detectable.
The reason I would like this is to have something to do between the ticks. "Just browsing the market, trying to do a greate scoop"
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 09:37   #4
HansA

IT could be a construction? :P
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 10:47   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

If its to ahve something to do before ticks, that makes activity more important, which is bad imo.
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 11:22   #6
HansA

Well. Not important, but a thing you can do between the ticks to keep your self occupied.
-
Have been discussing the idea abit on IRC now and improving possible flaws.
-
The fist obvious flaw is that the market would be flooded if there was no limit to export as 25% of a race is providing what a relative small % wants.
The possible solution is to not limit import but to limit export to, lets say 20 units(or some value) pr tradecenter building.
Then you could post your goods for the market at a given price and set a expiretime to lets say, 12-24 ticks, If the goods/shipps have not been sold bye the expire time they are drawn from the market.
-
Bye limiting the amount of possible export to the market the price could rise and there would be possible profit from exporting thus making your constructions targets for you opponents working in the same market as you.
-
You should only be able to export one type of ship at the time and the type of ship should be chosen in the same way as you set your engi priorities. limiting frequent change of export goods, thus making it a interesting and possible important choise if you want to make a profint on it.
-
The idea of mixing races would maybe freak alot of people out, but i would like that very much. But to limit it there could be a convertion fee when trading between different races.
-
No limits to the amount of import.
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 11:53   #7
khaos

khaos is an unknown quantity at this point

Mixing races is a no no, if they got mixed, then the top players would probably be litteraly unstoppable, the would have 1 init on all subing and freezing, and killing ships after that. If this were to happen it would be same races swapping.
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 16:31   #8
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Bad idea, would be a lot of abuse as well, and race mixing as said already would be bad.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 18:09   #9
HansA

Buhu I want my marketplace And roids is nono aswell? i wanna balance my income..
The hole idea would be for people with resources to spend them on overpriced shippies. Butt well. yeye
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 20:10   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I actually find the idea of a market place fun and interesting.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 10:28   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: [Discuss] Call me crazy; Marketplace.

but no one else does - declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread